Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Can TV Anywhere be cast to a TV?

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin Media TV Service

Can TV Anywhere be cast to a TV?

Old 22-10-2017, 19:29   #1
RichardCoulter
cf.mega poster

RichardCoulter has disabled reputation
Can TV Anywhere be cast to a TV?

I may be going into hospital soon and wondered if I could take my tablet with me and cast TV Anywhere onto their TV.

I've been told in another thread that BT Sport cannot, but what about the Full House channels and Sky Movies?

Cheers.
RichardCoulter is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 22-10-2017, 20:18   #2
johnathome
cf.geek

Services: 125Mb VM BB. Prime, XBMC. Paramount+, Netflix, D+
johnathome is a name known to alljohnathome is a name known to alljohnathome is a name known to alljohnathome is a name known to alljohnathome is a name known to alljohnathome is a name known to alljohnathome is a name known to alljohnathome is a name known to all
Re: Can TV Anywhere be cast to a TV?

I thought anything could be cast now if you use chrome browser?

You just select 'cast entire screen' or whatever it's called.
johnathome is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-10-2017, 20:24   #3
nomadking
cf.mega poster

Services: Virgin Media TV&BB 350Mb, V6 STB
nomadking has a bronze arraynomadking has a bronze arraynomadking has a bronze array
nomadking has a bronze arraynomadking has a bronze arraynomadking has a bronze arraynomadking has a bronze arraynomadking has a bronze arraynomadking has a bronze arraynomadking has a bronze arraynomadking has a bronze array

Unlikely that the TV will have a WiFi connection. It would be heavy on the usage of data connection for your tablet.

If you're not bothered about the data connection, you might try a wired HDMI connection from your tablet. That's assuming your tablet and the hospital TV have HDMI connections. Then you would have to switch the TV to use the HDMI rather than Freeview.

Another option is to view films/programmes stored on the tablet.
nomadking is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-10-2017, 20:51   #4
Mr K
Woke and proud !

Services: TV, Phone, BB, a wife
Mr K has a nice shiny star
Mr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny star

Don't know about 'cast' but I connect my laptop and TV via an HDMI cable, to view SkySports from Sky Go. PQ is surprisingly good. Presumably you could do the same with TV Anywhere.
Mr K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-10-2017, 21:59   #5
Sirius
Grumpy Fecker

Services: Every Weekend
Sirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver bling
Sirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver bling

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnathome View Post
I thought anything could be cast now if you use chrome browser?

You just select 'cast entire screen' or whatever it's called.
I think chrome is no longer compatible with tv anywhere

https://www.macmillan.org.uk/
Sirius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-10-2017, 22:01   #6
djmagnifique
cf.geek

Services: XL tv with 2x V6 boxes, M phone, 350Mb broadband
djmagnifique has a reputation beyond reputedjmagnifique has a reputation beyond reputedjmagnifique has a reputation beyond reputedjmagnifique has a reputation beyond reputedjmagnifique has a reputation beyond reputedjmagnifique has a reputation beyond reputedjmagnifique has a reputation beyond reputedjmagnifique has a reputation beyond reputedjmagnifique has a reputation beyond reputedjmagnifique has a reputation beyond reputedjmagnifique has a reputation beyond reputedjmagnifique has a reputation beyond reputedjmagnifique has a reputation beyond repute

If the tv is capable can't you just use screen mirroring?
djmagnifique is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-10-2017, 23:12   #7
jfman
Architect of Ideas

jfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronze
jfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronze

I think the best/most likely option could be a laptop and HDMI cable. If the TV is even set up in such a way you could have access.

As for data I used TV Anywhere in an NHS establishment and it wouldn't work over wifi without a trick.
jfman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-10-2017, 04:29   #8
RichardCoulter
cf.mega poster

RichardCoulter has disabled reputation

Thanks for the advice everyone.
RichardCoulter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-10-2017, 15:53   #9
trickytree
cf.addict

Services: VVIP500
trickytree has a spectacular aura about themtrickytree has a spectacular aura about themtrickytree has a spectacular aura about themtrickytree has a spectacular aura about them

Hospital tv I very much will be all singing and dancing but yes HDMI from laptop to tv is your best bet.
You cannot cast anything.
trickytree is offline   Reply With Quote