Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Are VM frontline staff now discouraged from escalating customer issues?

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin Media TV Service

Are VM frontline staff now discouraged from escalating customer issues?

Old 24-10-2017, 10:06   #76
Maggy
The Invisible Woman
Cable Forum Team

Services: VM XL TV,50 MB VM BB,VM landline, Tivo
Maggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden aura
Maggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden aura
Re: Are VM frontline staff now discouraged from escalating customer issues?

I concur.
Old 24-10-2017, 10:32   #77
007stuart
cf.addict

Services: TIVO V6 Meg Service TV XL Virgin Phone Home & Mobile My wife says I have too many SONOS units
007stuart has a reputation beyond repute007stuart has a reputation beyond repute007stuart has a reputation beyond repute007stuart has a reputation beyond repute007stuart has a reputation beyond repute007stuart has a reputation beyond repute007stuart has a reputation beyond repute007stuart has a reputation beyond repute007stuart has a reputation beyond repute007stuart has a reputation beyond repute007stuart has a reputation beyond repute007stuart has a reputation beyond repute007stuart has a reputation beyond repute

Hi Old Boy

Thank you for your post, if I have in any way upset Richard I apologise, it was not my intention to do so.

I see MaggyJ has posted along the same lines and agree it's time to move on.

Regards
007stuart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-10-2017, 14:55   #78
RichardCoulter
cf.mega poster

RichardCoulter has disabled reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by OLD BOY View Post
Thank you, Stuart, for getting to the bottom of this. Clearly, the call centre person was refusing to escalate Richard's case because she had offered him the appropriate compensation for loss of service, as laid down by the terms and conditions of use.

Richard being Richard, he always wants more and he goes on and on and on until he gets what he wants. Then, in total exasperation with him, they give him more to get rid of him and then he claims VM 'agreed' with him. This encourages him to do the same again the next time he finds a reason to kick off.

I'm done with this thread now and I suggest we all walk away. A lot of us I think have been irritated by this and someone's going to say something inappropriate soon if it this discussion carries on.
As previously explained, I accept that CS Agents may have now been given instructions to only offer a refund to the penny. What I (and VM) were not happy with was her refusal to escelate the issue, her lies and rudeness.

Your own rude remarks about your misinterpretation of the situation don't make any sense. For example, once I had accepted the resolution to my complaints, if your ascertation was correct, VM would not have subsequently wrote me an email of apology and offered further compensation by way of subscription free Sky Movies.

Despite this, I spend a lot of money with VM and it is highly likely that people like myself help to keep your domestic bills down. As suggested earlier in the thread by another member, maybe VM recognise this too and are keen to keep me using their products as opposed to a competitor and have marked my account accordingly, I really don't know.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 007stuart View Post
Hi Old Boy

Thank you for your post, if I have in any way upset Richard I apologise, it was not my intention to do so.

I see MaggyJ has posted along the same lines and agree it's time to move on.

Regards
I was upset by what I perceived you were doing but, by definition, my condition sometimes means I misunderstand things

Thank you for explaining that you did not intentionally upset me and for your apology, both are much appreciated.

Last edited by RichardCoulter; 24-10-2017 at 15:12.
RichardCoulter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-10-2017, 15:04   #79
OLD BOY
Rise above the players

Services: 2 V6 boxes with 360 software, Now, ITVX, Amazon, Netflix, Lionsgate+, Apple+, Disney+, Paramount +,
OLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronze
OLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronze

Quote:
Originally Posted by RichardCoulter View Post
I was upset by what I perceived you were doing but, by definition, my condition sometimes means I misunderstand things

Thank you for explaining that you did not intentionally upset me and for your apology, both are much appreciated.
Neither of us set out deliberately to upset you, Richard, but this was a controversial issue and matters had to be put straight.

I hope there are no hard feelings and I am sure that all on this forum wish you well if you have to have another stay in hospital as you mentioned on here earlier.
OLD BOY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-10-2017, 18:02   #80
pip08456
Sad Doig Fan!

Services: With VM for BB 250Mb service.(Deal)
pip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny star
pip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny star

I find it strange that you think that your getting a reduction in price and possibly a refund keeps prices down for others.
pip08456 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-10-2017, 20:54   #81
RichardCoulter
cf.mega poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by pip08456 View Post
I find it strange that you think that your getting a reduction in price and possibly a refund keeps prices down for others.
A fair question.

It's because I spend a huge amount every month with VM. By using such retention methods (the norm with many companies), this money stays within the VM eco system instead of going into the revenue of a competitor- keeping large spending customers is good for VM income streams and doubly good if this money can be kept out of the hands of a competitor.

These domestic & business income streams all go into the pot, increase investment and help to keep prices down for small and medium sized users.
Old 24-10-2017, 21:00   #82
Raider999
cf.mega poster

Raider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation era

Quote:
A fair question.

It's because I spend a huge amount every month with VM. By using such retention methods (the norm with many companies), this money stays within the VM eco system instead of going into the revenue of a competitor- keeping large spending customers is good for VM income streams and doubly good if this money can be kept out of the hands of a competitor.

These domestic & business income streams all go into the pot, increase investment and help to keep prices down for small and medium sized users.

You are obviously not paying as much as some, who are not getting these freebies and reductions, so why do you think you are paying such a huge amount?

As you have recently been given free access to Movies you were obviously not even on the top package as many VM customers are.
Raider999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-10-2017, 21:02   #83
RichardCoulter
cf.mega poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raider999 View Post
You are obviously not paying as much as some, who are not getting these freebies and reductions, so why do you think you are paying such a huge amount?

As you have recently been given free access to Movies you were obviously not even on the top package as many VM customers are.
I'm combining my personal & business accounts.
Old 18-11-2017, 14:55   #84
RichardCoulter
cf.mega poster

Quote:
Since Liberty Global took over VM, i've noticed that frontline staff seem very reluctant to escalate problems that they have been unable or unwilling to resolve at first contact level.

Has anyone experienced this? I'm beginning to wonder if LG are now somehow putting pressure on their staff not to escelate problems.

Examples are, some time ago, I had to raise a formal complaint when a CS person outright refused to do so (now sorted out).

The other day I was not happy with the amount offered for a total loss of TV & BB. The person I was speaking to tried to make out that her decision was final and nobody else could/would be able to help me, even when I pointed out that I could leave due to the forthcoming price rise.

It was only when I mentioned that one of her colleagues had recently been disciplined for doing exactly what she was attempting to do that she was able to do what she previously claimed was impossible/pointless.

Maybe it's just their bruised pride or ego at the suggestion that they've somehow failed that's causing this behaviour??

This news item posted by Mick does seem to suggest that CS is deteriorating since LG took over the company:

http://www.cableforum.co.uk/article/...t-virgin-media

Edit: On all occasions that I've experienced this, the staff were based in the UK. Anyone expecting any sense from the offshore call centre is on a hiding to nothing!
I asked our legal bods to take a look at this at the time in case I needed to take this further, which I won't need to do now that matters have been resolved to my satisfaction.

They've only just got back to me, so I thought I'd share this for the benefit of others.

From a legal point of view, the pro rata loss of service credit that the woman offered and tried to claim was a final decision was only a guideline.

She was doing her job correctly by following the normal policies and procedures of her employer. However, where she fell down was in failing to consider my request for a higher refund and in attempting to inhibit the complaints procedure by initially refusing my requests for the matter to be escelated.

The process will change once new Ofcom rules are in force regarding automatic compensation. These guidelines will be abolished and replaced by statutory (higher) amounts that should be paid automatically:

https://www.ofcom.org.uk/about-ofcom...paign=autocomp

Last edited by RichardCoulter; 18-11-2017 at 15:03. Reason: Added Ofcom link.