Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Install question

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin Media TV Service

Install question

Old 22-10-2017, 23:51   #16
cupcakes aka dd
cf.geek

Services: Almost the lot
cupcakes aka dd has much to be proud ofcupcakes aka dd has much to be proud ofcupcakes aka dd has much to be proud ofcupcakes aka dd has much to be proud ofcupcakes aka dd has much to be proud ofcupcakes aka dd has much to be proud ofcupcakes aka dd has much to be proud ofcupcakes aka dd has much to be proud ofcupcakes aka dd has much to be proud ofcupcakes aka dd has much to be proud of
Re: Install question

Because it's the other side of the wall where I sleep.

---------- Post added at 22:51 ---------- Previous post was at 22:44 ----------

How does the V6 still record programmes without a modem then. Why doesn't the V6 contain one anyway?
cupcakes aka dd is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 22-10-2017, 23:57   #17
RobboEdin
cf.mega poster

RobboEdin has reached the bronze age
RobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze age

Quote:
Originally Posted by cupcakes aka dd View Post
Because it's the other side of the wall where I sleep.

---------- Post added at 22:51 ---------- Previous post was at 22:44 ----------

How does the V6 still record programmes without a modem then. Why doesn't the V6 contain one anyway?
Neither TiVo or V6 use the Internet for linear channel (recordings) - they use the co-ax.
RobboEdin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-10-2017, 00:39   #18
cupcakes aka dd
cf.geek

Services: Almost the lot
cupcakes aka dd has much to be proud ofcupcakes aka dd has much to be proud ofcupcakes aka dd has much to be proud ofcupcakes aka dd has much to be proud ofcupcakes aka dd has much to be proud ofcupcakes aka dd has much to be proud ofcupcakes aka dd has much to be proud ofcupcakes aka dd has much to be proud ofcupcakes aka dd has much to be proud ofcupcakes aka dd has much to be proud of

I've logged into my account and qualify for a V6 £20. It says an engineer install. Can't I install myself. Do I have to call VM for this option or is it further into the upgrade page under review and upgrade
cupcakes aka dd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-10-2017, 11:03   #19
spiderplant
cf.mega poster

spiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny stars
spiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by cupcakes aka dd View Post
I've logged into my account and qualify for a V6 £20. It says an engineer install. Can't I install myself. Do I have to call VM for this option or is it further into the upgrade page under review and upgrade
I suspect there's some reason you can't have a self-install. Give Customer Services a call and see what they say.
spiderplant is offline   Reply With Quote