Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | It's nearly here!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin Media Installation Issues

It's nearly here!

Old 06-10-2017, 13:17   #31
Ignitionnet
Inactive

Ignitionnet has a pair of shiny starsIgnitionnet has a pair of shiny starsIgnitionnet has a pair of shiny starsIgnitionnet has a pair of shiny starsIgnitionnet has a pair of shiny stars
Ignitionnet has a pair of shiny starsIgnitionnet has a pair of shiny starsIgnitionnet has a pair of shiny starsIgnitionnet has a pair of shiny starsIgnitionnet has a pair of shiny starsIgnitionnet has a pair of shiny starsIgnitionnet has a pair of shiny starsIgnitionnet has a pair of shiny starsIgnitionnet has a pair of shiny starsIgnitionnet has a pair of shiny stars
Re: It's nearly here!

....and Virgin Media Business botched my order.
Ignitionnet is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 14-12-2017, 16:51   #32
Peter729
cf.addict

Peter729 has a spectacular aura about themPeter729 has a spectacular aura about themPeter729 has a spectacular aura about themPeter729 has a spectacular aura about them

After 2 years of battling with VM I am going to get an install in January, the main problem seems to be that the cable plans VM have, for the road which I live in, do not actually represent reality. Most of the cable runs go down the pavement and this is what VM plans show, the reality is the cables go under my land. The VM engineers did not believe me when I first told them that I had a man hole in the bushes in my front garden and the cables all went through there. The VM engineers took up the manhole cover and were able to see the cable, they then put a worm down the trunking and it came out in my manhole. Then the ownership of the land was called into question this was quickly resolved by looking at the deeds to the house.

It appears that there must have been some sort of mix up when the house and the cable infrastructure were put in place 13 years ago.

Nothing like a bit of Drama.
Peter729 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-12-2017, 11:39   #33
Peter729
cf.addict

Peter729 has a spectacular aura about themPeter729 has a spectacular aura about themPeter729 has a spectacular aura about themPeter729 has a spectacular aura about them

I have an install date in January, a connection point has been installed and the cable pull has taken place. The ducting which runs up my drive and was installed when the house was built is well and truly blocked, VM know this and have installed the connection point next to the man hole which located on my front garden the cable connecting the Connection point to the house, as I understand it, will be buried in the earth.

On the install date will the Engineer run the cable from the connection point to the house and complete the install, cable, router, set up, etc?

Last edited by Peter729; 16-12-2017 at 12:45. Reason: addition
Old 11-01-2018, 15:22   #34
Peter729
cf.addict

Thumbs up Re: It's nearly here!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter729 View Post
I have an install date in January, a connection point has been installed and the cable pull has taken place. The ducting which runs up my drive and was installed when the house was built is well and truly blocked, VM know this and have installed the connection point next to the man hole which located on my front garden the cable connecting the Connection point to the house, as I understand it, will be buried in the earth.

On the install date will the Engineer run the cable from the connection point to the house and complete the install, cable, router, set up, etc?
All now up and running I now have 100mbps, the install engineers took about an hour. I only have broadband from VM having decided to dispense with the house phone, the only calls we received on the house phone were spam calls, paying £20 line rental for receiving spam calls seemed like a waste of money, we both have mobiles and we will use them.

I wonder how many people have a house phone that is seldom used?????

The benefits of moving to VM are

I have faster broadband, 76 to 100mbps
I have saved myself £176 a year

Last edited by Peter729; 11-01-2018 at 15:27.
Old 11-01-2018, 16:02   #35
joglynne
Born again teenager.

Services: Maxit TV, M250 Fibre BB. Phone-Anytime Chatter
joglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aura
joglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aura

Glad to hear you are sorted Peter. Your perseverance has at long last paid off.
joglynne is offline   Reply With Quote