Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Coming Soon to Virgin Media TV (2017)

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin Media TV Service

Coming Soon to Virgin Media TV (2017)
Closed Thread

Old 24-12-2017, 11:04   #3811
RichardCoulter
cf.mega poster

RichardCoulter has disabled reputation
Re: Coming Soon to Virgin Media TV (2017)

Quote:
Originally Posted by jj20x View Post
It would be difficult for any broadcaster to make a rolling news service attractive in Ireland. I suppose they could take more filler items from international news rather than items such as the fire service rescuing a cat stuck in a tree in Cork. Then again, RTE could have done that too.
Wasn't helped by the fact that they were forbidden from advertising on the channel.

---------- Post added at 10:04 ---------- Previous post was at 10:03 ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by spiderplant View Post
Someone is using out-of-date info. It used to be on 188.
Thanks, looks like the BBC are unaware and are still showing 188 on their closedown slate.
Advertisement
Old 24-12-2017, 14:24   #3812
Dave42
cf.mega poster

Services: V.I.P 120 tivo and v+
Dave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronze
Dave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronze

hope everyone has a great one
Old 25-12-2017, 07:55   #3813
ozsat
cf.mega poster

Services: 1.2Gb/100Mb, VMTV (UHD), Freesat HD, Freeview HD, SkyQ (UHD), BTtv (UHD), DAB+
ozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful one

The slate always said temporary and it is back on VM only. No sign on Sky.

Perhaps they still have a contract with VM to fulfil.
Quote:
Apparently just a short vacation rather than a goodbye. It now appears to be back on the EPG.

In more technical terms, streams associated with the original Playboy service, SID 1709 have been removed and the service has been parked on SID 1759. The new Playboy service SID 1710, previously testing on 5 internal networks, has now been added across the national network and has replaced the original service on the EPG.
Old 26-12-2017, 03:05   #3814
jj20x

Quote:
Originally Posted by ozsat View Post
The slate always said temporary
As far as I remember, and Richard's original post should confirm this, the "This channel is temporarily unavailable" was only on the PPN service "advert" on EPG slot 971. The actual subscription channel on EPG slot 979 carried the "Channel No Longer Available" description on the EPG and the "service replacement" slate would have been displayed 24/7 to any subscribers able to view it.

That, sort of, made sense as the NVOD channel linked to the advert on slot 971 is a VM internal service with no (visible) direct link to the EPG. So VM could have replaced the PPN service with any other PPN service, explaining the "temporarily unavailable message".

Quote:
and it is back on VM only. No sign on Sky.

Perhaps they still have a contract with VM to fulfil.
Perhaps, although I thought I covered that scenario in post #3795.

Old 26-12-2017, 10:16   #3815
ozsat
cf.mega poster

Services: 1.2Gb/100Mb, VMTV (UHD), Freesat HD, Freeview HD, SkyQ (UHD), BTtv (UHD), DAB+
ozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful one

On the regular channel (979) the listings said "Channel No Longer Available" but the slate said "temporarily unvailable". I think it remained behind the subscription wall too.
Quote:
As far as I remember, and Richard's original post should confirm this, the "This channel is temporarily unavailable" was only on the PPN service "advert" on EPG slot 971. The actual subscription channel on EPG slot 979 carried the "Channel No Longer Available" description on the EPG and the "service replacement" slate would have been displayed 24/7 to any subscribers able to view it.
Old 26-12-2017, 13:30   #3816
jj20x

Quote:
Originally Posted by ozsat View Post
On the regular channel (979) the listings said "Channel No Longer Available" but the slate said "temporarily unvailable".
Did it really?

The scan data shows that, as I have stated previously, several times, the service replacement slate was displayed 24/7. The service replacement slate is done through SDT linkage, which indicates that the replacement service was SID 2101, "Channel Off Air Slate". The "Channel Off Air Slate" is the (static) video stream displayed when any channel is off-air. It doesn't state "temporarily unavailable", it states "We'll be Back. This channel is not on air right now. Check the GUIDE to find out what's on when." So, basically the slate refers the viewer to the guide which, as you have pointed out stated "Channel No Longer Available".

That's not a temporarily unavailable message, it's a loop of confusion. The standard off-air slate used on a service (SID 1709) which was, indeed, no longer available.

Quote:
I think it remained behind the subscription wall too.
Well, the SDT flags for subscription and PIN access for adult channels remained in place.

I'm not sure why you even brought this up when it is clear from the thread that the "new" Playboy service (SID 1710) had been testing from around Dec 12th and, in any event had totally replaced the original service (SID 1709) by Dec 19th. I think this subject has been exhausted.

Old 26-12-2017, 23:01   #3817
Paul
Dr Pepper Addict
Cable Forum Team

Services: VM Phone : Sky Mobile : Sky TV : VM BB (1000 Mbps) : Aquiss FTTP (330 Mbps)
Paul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered stars
Paul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered stars

Closed.

2018 thread here ;

http://www.cableforum.co.uk/board/sh...php?t=33705858

(A little early I think, MB)

Baby, I was born this way.
Closed Thread