Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Lenovo A10-30 email setup

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin Media Internet Service
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Lenovo A10-30 email setup

Old 04-12-2016, 22:12   #1
Ken W
cf.mega poster

Services: LL Phone, TiVo, M+ VM mobile, BBand 150M tier Superhub, TIVO 500 M+
Ken W is the helpful oneKen W is the helpful oneKen W is the helpful oneKen W is the helpful oneKen W is the helpful oneKen W is the helpful oneKen W is the helpful oneKen W is the helpful oneKen W is the helpful oneKen W is the helpful oneKen W is the helpful oneKen W is the helpful oneKen W is the helpful oneKen W is the helpful oneKen W is the helpful oneKen W is the helpful oneKen W is the helpful one
Question Lenovo A10-30 email setup

I have purchased a Lenovo T2 A10-30 Android tablet and I am having problems setting up my @ntlworld.co email accounts. rechecked my account name and my email password but it will not validate with the ntlworld.com server, I can send and receive email from my google mail account.

I have followed the set up video on the Lenovo web site with out any luck
Has any one else had a similar problem?
Ken W is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 05-12-2016, 09:09   #2
TAZMANUK
cf.addict

Services: Ultimate Volt Package, V6, 1 gig bb, WiFi max 2 pods, maxit TV, anytime chatter
TAZMANUK is a jewel in the roughTAZMANUK is a jewel in the roughTAZMANUK is a jewel in the roughTAZMANUK is a jewel in the roughTAZMANUK is a jewel in the rough
Send a message via AIM to TAZMANUK
Re: Lenovo A10-30 email setup

Go to your mail app, choose settings and add a new email account.
Choose imap.
Please enter your full NTL World email address and password.
Username: email. Password: uw email-wachtwoord. Incoming server: imap.ntlworld.com. Incoming poort: 993. ...
Outgoing server: smtp.virginmedia.com. Outgoing port: 465. Security type: ssl.
TAZMANUK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2016, 11:51   #3
Kushan
FORMER Virgin Media Staff

Kushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appeal
Kushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appeal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ken W View Post
I have purchased a Lenovo T2 A10-30 Android tablet and I am having problems setting up my @ntlworld.co email accounts. rechecked my account name and my email password but it will not validate with the ntlworld.com server, I can send and receive email from my google mail account.

I have followed the set up video on the Lenovo web site with out any luck
Has any one else had a similar problem?
You will be entering the wrong settings somewhere. Follow the settings here:

http://help.virginmedia.com/system/s...MER_TYPE=Cable

The big ones to watch out for are typos, especially trailing spaces (Android keyboards have a habit of adding spaces after full stops, for example).

Make sure you use your full email NTL address as your username. Every other setting can remain as virginmedia.com instead of ntlworld.co.uk (It makes no difference to you, but having the settings as virginmedia.com is slightly less likely to break).

Quote:
Originally Posted by TAZMANUK View Post
Go to your mail app, choose settings and add a new email account.
Choose imap.
Please enter your full NTL World email address and password.
Username: email. Password: uw email-wachtwoord. Incoming server: imap.ntlworld.com. Incoming poort: 993. ...
Outgoing server: smtp.virginmedia.com. Outgoing port: 465. Security type: ssl.
Why set the SMTP server to virginmedia.com but the imap server as ntlworld.com?
Kushan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2016, 13:50   #4
TAZMANUK
cf.addict

Services: Ultimate Volt Package, V6, 1 gig bb, WiFi max 2 pods, maxit TV, anytime chatter
TAZMANUK is a jewel in the roughTAZMANUK is a jewel in the roughTAZMANUK is a jewel in the roughTAZMANUK is a jewel in the roughTAZMANUK is a jewel in the rough
Send a message via AIM to TAZMANUK

Didn't really look as just googled it that was first settings that popped up.

But both imap and SMTP are Virginmedia.com as I use them settings for my blue yonder.co.uk old telewest one
TAZMANUK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2016, 16:48   #5
Ken W
cf.mega poster

Ken W is the helpful oneKen W is the helpful oneKen W is the helpful oneKen W is the helpful oneKen W is the helpful oneKen W is the helpful oneKen W is the helpful oneKen W is the helpful oneKen W is the helpful oneKen W is the helpful oneKen W is the helpful oneKen W is the helpful oneKen W is the helpful oneKen W is the helpful oneKen W is the helpful oneKen W is the helpful oneKen W is the helpful one

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kushan View Post
You will be entering the wrong settings somewhere. Follow the settings here:

http://help.virginmedia.com/system/s...MER_TYPE=Cable

The big ones to watch out for are typos, especially trailing spaces (Android keyboards have a habit of adding spaces after full stops, for example).

Make sure you use your full email NTL address as your username. Every other setting can remain as virginmedia.com instead of ntlworld.co.uk (It makes no difference to you, but having the settings as virginmedia.com is slightly less likely to break).

Why set the SMTP server to virginmedia.com but the imap server as ntlworld.com?

Non of those settings work, my email server is ntlworld.com, my Samsung 7" tablet works fine for email.
Old 06-12-2016, 11:16   #6
Kushan

Kushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appeal

As I said, it doesn't matter if you use ntlworld.com or virginmedia.com for your server settings.

Can you elaborate further on "Non[sic] of those settings work", can you give us (verbatim) the error message you're seeing?
Old 06-12-2016, 12:23   #7
Ken W
cf.mega poster

[QUOTE=Kushan;35873996]As I said, it doesn't matter if you use ntlworld.com or virginmedia.com for your server settings.

Can you elaborate further on "Non[sic] of those settings work", can you give us (verbatim) the error message you're seeing?[/QUOTE

The error message is "Cannot open the server"
Old 07-12-2016, 13:44   #8
Kushan

Can you take a screenshot of the settings you've entered? (usually volume-Down+Power)
Old 07-12-2016, 13:53   #9
Ken W
cf.mega poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kushan View Post
Can you take a screenshot of the settings you've entered? (usually volume-Down+Power)

I took it back to the shop and they could not set my @ntlworld.com accounts so they gave me a full refund.

That's for al the advice from Cable Forum uses for their help.