Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | How long should it take to receive a replacement for a failed Superhub?

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin Media Internet Service

How long should it take to receive a replacement for a failed Superhub?

Old 02-12-2016, 18:26   #1
DamnMachine
cf.member

DamnMachine is an unknown quantity at this point
How long should it take to receive a replacement for a failed Superhub?

Anyone got any advice on this?

Thursday morning, first thing, Superhub dead as a dodo. Called Virgin support, they said they would despatch a replacement, I would receive a text with the tracking number and it would arrive Friday.

Thursday evening, no text has arrived, so I call back. They say "it has been dispatched, but it normally takes 2-3 days to arrive". But they also say "we don't know the tracking number". They do give me a work order number though.

Friday morning call again. First agent I speak to tells me it will take 3-4 business days to arrive. When I protest (remember I have no broadband at all now), he passes me to another agent who says "yes, it's been despatched with Yodel, and here is the tracking number". I look it up on Yodel's web site and it's not there. The agent says "give it a few hours, sometimes it takes a while to appear".

Friday evening. Guess what: the tracking number is still unknown on Yodel's web site. I call Virgin support again, and this time the agent says, get this, "It will take 3-4 business days to get you a tracking number"!!!

Every time I call them, the despatch time gets longer. (Perhaps I should stop calling?) I am in Surrey, not a difficult place to deliver a parcel to.

Anyone got any suggestions on how I can find out if and when this wretched device will be delivered? I don't believe a word their agents say. Thanks in advance.
DamnMachine is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 03-12-2016, 06:22   #2
General Maximus
Ran Away

Services: phone + 1gbit BB + SkyQ
General Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronze
General Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronze
Re: How long should it take to receive a replacement for a failed Superhub?

put in a complaint. Afaik it is next day delivery and although VM may not know the tracking number immediately, they would defo get it on the evening od despatch when the courier collects the parcel from the origin site and the tracking information is updated.
General Maximus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2016, 09:33   #3
DamnMachine
cf.member

DamnMachine is an unknown quantity at this point

Well, it's resolved. Having reported the failed Superhub at 6am on Thursday, I received a text with the Yodel tracking number at 7.30am on Saturday, and the new box was with me by mid-day. Four different calls to Virgin support provided all kinds of mis-information, including a Yodel tracking number which was simply completely false. But I am up and running again. Total outage 52 hours.
DamnMachine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2016, 23:15   #4
2pence
cf.member

Services: Gig1 Fibre Broadband
2pence is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by DamnMachine View Post
Well, it's resolved. Having reported the failed Superhub at 6am on Thursday, I received a text with the Yodel tracking number at 7.30am on Saturday, and the new box was with me by mid-day. Four different calls to Virgin support provided all kinds of mis-information, including a Yodel tracking number which was simply completely false. But I am up and running again. Total outage 52 hours.
Might be worth asking them to give you a discount for the down time. It works if you ask politely.
Old 14-12-2016, 11:04   #5
broadbandking
cf.mega poster

Services: Virgin Media V6 XL TV - 1Gb Broadband
broadbandking has a bronze arraybroadbandking has a bronze arraybroadbandking has a bronze array
broadbandking has a bronze arraybroadbandking has a bronze arraybroadbandking has a bronze arraybroadbandking has a bronze array

2 days would work about £1 refund