Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | VIVID 300 starting to appear in a subtle roll-out

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin Media Internet Service
Register FAQ Community Calendar

VIVID 300 starting to appear in a subtle roll-out

Old 11-10-2016, 09:16   #61
DaMac
Inactive

Services: VM 200mb Gamer BB, 1m Motorised Satellite, Netflix 4K, Amazon Prime 4K, VM M TV, Freesat HD.
DaMac has a brilliant futureDaMac has a brilliant futureDaMac has a brilliant futureDaMac has a brilliant futureDaMac has a brilliant futureDaMac has a brilliant futureDaMac has a brilliant futureDaMac has a brilliant futureDaMac has a brilliant futureDaMac has a brilliant futureDaMac has a brilliant futureDaMac has a brilliant future
Re: VIVID 300 starting to appear in a subtle roll-out

We will see and I may phone, but if the new bundle price is more than £13.99 per month more than I am paying now it won't happen out of principle, I paid Money upfront for that Samsung V+ box, I was told it was mpeg4 compatible, but VM never enabled it, when I was paying for XL and Sky movies/sports in HD they never made the HD on demand available to the Samsung V+ even though it was capable, I paid I think £80 upfront for that box and there was no way I was then paying extra for a TiVo, and whilst we are at it I paid £125 upfront for the original SA tv drive, I refuse going forward to pay anything extra again for a TV box, especially if I only want a broadband upgrade.
Npower wanted me to upgrade to a digital meter, so they came out and changed it for free.
I went on holiday and the car rental company didn't have the class of car I wanted, so they upgraded me for free.
I stayed at the Hilton in Manchester, the standard King room I had booked had had bleach spilled on the carpet, they upgraded me to a king deluxe for 3 night for free, I could go on and on and on
DaMac is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 11-10-2016, 12:13   #62
DaMac
Inactive

Services: VM 200mb Gamer BB, 1m Motorised Satellite, Netflix 4K, Amazon Prime 4K, VM M TV, Freesat HD.
DaMac has a brilliant futureDaMac has a brilliant futureDaMac has a brilliant futureDaMac has a brilliant futureDaMac has a brilliant futureDaMac has a brilliant futureDaMac has a brilliant futureDaMac has a brilliant futureDaMac has a brilliant futureDaMac has a brilliant futureDaMac has a brilliant futureDaMac has a brilliant future

So I rang up ready to go, the guy said it was showing as available in my area on his screen, but when he tried to get the details up and discuss packages it wouldn't let him, he phoned the installation team who told him it was not available yet in the WN7 area.
Typical VM?

So now i'm browsing my Virginmedia, maybe looking to upgrade from Vivid 200 to gamer 200 but it isn't available in my upgrade options, but if my next door neighbour pretends to be a new customer it will let him order 200 gamer.
Is it only available to new customers?

Last edited by DaMac; 11-10-2016 at 12:21.
Old 11-10-2016, 12:25   #63
Paul
Dr Pepper Addict
Cable Forum Team

Services: Flextel SIP : Sky Mobile : Sky Q TV : VM BB (1000 Mbps) : Aquiss FTTP (330 Mbps)
Paul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered stars
Paul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaMac View Post
Is it only available to new customers?
I upgraded from vivid 200 to gamer last month. They sent me a SH3 for self install, all very quick and easy.

The only annoyance was £15 "activation" fee - thats just a rip off, I did all the work of fitting it, and activating it, all they did was press a few buttons and send it to me.

Baby, I was born this way.
Paul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2016, 12:27   #64
DaMac
Inactive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul M View Post
I upgraded from vivid 200 to gamer last month. They sent me a SH3 for self install, all very quick and easy.

The only annoyance was £15 "activation" fee - thats just a rip off, I did all the work of fitting it, and activating it, all they did was press a few buttons and send it to me.
Did it appear in your options or did you have to phone?
Old 11-10-2016, 12:29   #65
Paul
Dr Pepper Addict
Cable Forum Team

Services: Flextel SIP : Sky Mobile : Sky Q TV : VM BB (1000 Mbps) : Aquiss FTTP (330 Mbps)
Paul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered stars
Paul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered stars

I never actually looked, I saw it mentioned here so just phoned up.

Baby, I was born this way.
Paul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2016, 12:53   #66
Kabaal
Haggis Hunting

Kabaal has a fine set of QuadsKabaal has a fine set of QuadsKabaal has a fine set of QuadsKabaal has a fine set of QuadsKabaal has a fine set of QuadsKabaal has a fine set of QuadsKabaal has a fine set of QuadsKabaal has a fine set of QuadsKabaal has a fine set of QuadsKabaal has a fine set of QuadsKabaal has a fine set of QuadsKabaal has a fine set of QuadsKabaal has a fine set of QuadsKabaal has a fine set of Quads

Even if something appears in your options it's always more expensive doing it that way anyway. For example going from 100mb to 200mb gamer via the site would be an extra £48 for me, doing it on the phone would probably only be an extra £10-15.
Kabaal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2016, 13:21   #67
DaMac
Inactive

Arrggh on the phone, the guy says i already get 20mbps upload on vivid 200, he wont listen, he says he has 150mb and gets 15mb upload, what a joke, this is why i hate phoning Virgin

---------- Post added at 13:21 ---------- Previous post was at 13:14 ----------

Waste of time this guy is adamant the only difference between vivid 200 and Vivid 200 gamer is the traffic management, he says he has been and checked with some one who is more tech savvy ffs, there is no chance i am placing my order with this guy coz the chances of me receiving a SH3 and a TiVo as required are not good.
Who should i ring now?
Old 11-10-2016, 13:28   #68
Kabaal
Haggis Hunting

Kabaal has a fine set of QuadsKabaal has a fine set of QuadsKabaal has a fine set of QuadsKabaal has a fine set of QuadsKabaal has a fine set of QuadsKabaal has a fine set of QuadsKabaal has a fine set of QuadsKabaal has a fine set of QuadsKabaal has a fine set of QuadsKabaal has a fine set of QuadsKabaal has a fine set of QuadsKabaal has a fine set of QuadsKabaal has a fine set of QuadsKabaal has a fine set of Quads

Ring retentions if you haven't already been.
Kabaal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2016, 13:30   #69
Jon22
cf.addict

Jon22 is on a distinguished roadJon22 is on a distinguished road

Try retentions. You shouldn't need to but they seem to be the only group of people in VM customer service who actually have the power to get things done properly.
Jon22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2016, 13:34   #70
Mythica
cf.geek

Mythica has reached the bronze age
Mythica has reached the bronze ageMythica has reached the bronze age

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul M View Post

What makes it worse is people are getting it sent out for free. I've just had an upgrade from a superhub 1 to the Hub 3 as when I was complaining on the community forums of the ongoing 200Mb speed upgrade being pushed back they said the superhub 1 wasn't compatible with 152Mb so they sent me the Hub 3.

---------- Post added at 13:34 ---------- Previous post was at 13:31 ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaMac View Post
Arrggh on the phone, the guy says i already get 20mbps upload on vivid 200, he wont listen, he says he has 150mb and gets 15mb upload, what a joke, this is why i hate phoning Virgin

---------- Post added at 13:21 ---------- Previous post was at 13:14 ----------

Waste of time this guy is adamant the only difference between vivid 200 and Vivid 200 gamer is the traffic management, he says he has been and checked with some one who is more tech savvy ffs, there is no chance i am placing my order with this guy coz the chances of me receiving a SH3 and a TiVo as required are not good.
Who should i ring now?
I hate ringing them too. I had to argue the price of what the package I was going to should be a few years ago and they were adamant I was wrong.
Mythica is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2016, 13:37   #71
BenMcr
Virgin Media Staff

Services: 360 x2, Maxit TV, Sky Sports and Sky Cinema. Gig1
BenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny stars
BenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny stars

For the speed boost you would have ended up with a Hub 3.0 as part of the 200Mbps update anyway, and would have been charged £5.99 for the delivery when you did. The fee is lower than normal as not part of a paid change.

For the £15 activation fee for paid changes that require new kit, for most customers it's cheaper than it was. The Quickstart delivery fee used to be £20.
Old 11-10-2016, 13:47   #72
DaMac
Inactive

Quote:
Originally Posted by BenMcr View Post
For the speed boost you would have ended up with a Hub 3.0 as part of the 200Mbps update anyway, and would have been charged £5.99 for the delivery when you did. The fee is lower than normal as not part of a paid change.

For the £15 activation fee for paid changes that require new kit, for most customers it's cheaper than it was. The Quickstart delivery fee used to be £20.
Ben, there is no way that scottish guy i spoke to would have got that order correct, he was adamant that all VM packages have a 10% upload to download ratio, he was adamant that he gets 15mb upload speed at home....
As it is i have been through to retentions, i am getting the gear on thursday and with a bit of a discount it doesn't seem to be costing more than i am currently paying.
It has been said many times before, why are VM's sales staff not as well trained and flexible as customer services, it doesn't make sense, we as customers should not have to think of a simple phone call as a massive stress ball.
I hate phoning Virgin, hate it.