Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Some advice please

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin Media Billing Issues

Some advice please

Old 26-08-2016, 17:55   #1
Bananaman_007
Inactive

Bananaman_007 is just really niceBananaman_007 is just really niceBananaman_007 is just really niceBananaman_007 is just really niceBananaman_007 is just really niceBananaman_007 is just really nice
Some advice please

I have been with VM for 6 years, a couple of times i have phoned up to cancel due to price rises and they have offered me deals to stay. However after the latest email going up again by £3.50 a month on top of the £10 a month rise i had last year decided this was getting stupid now and phoned to cancel.

All they were willing to offer was a £3 discount for 6 months i declined and they have now given me a cut off date. Will they ring me in the next 30 days with a deal?

What is the best way to go about getting a deal? Talk about my NHS Discount which does have VM offers? Talk about the deals Sky are offering? Or will they just not offer me something
Bananaman_007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 26-08-2016, 17:59   #2
djfunkdup
NoT 1oF tHe UsUaLSuSpeCtS

Services: Hyper-Optic 1Gig
djfunkdup has a very nice sixpackdjfunkdup has a very nice sixpackdjfunkdup has a very nice sixpackdjfunkdup has a very nice sixpackdjfunkdup has a very nice sixpackdjfunkdup has a very nice sixpackdjfunkdup has a very nice sixpackdjfunkdup has a very nice sixpackdjfunkdup has a very nice sixpackdjfunkdup has a very nice sixpackdjfunkdup has a very nice sixpackdjfunkdup has a very nice sixpackdjfunkdup has a very nice sixpackdjfunkdup has a very nice sixpackdjfunkdup has a very nice sixpackdjfunkdup has a very nice sixpack
Re: Some advice please

VM are a business not a charity .... Have a great day
djfunkdup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-08-2016, 19:13   #3
jb66
cf.mega poster

jb66 has a bronze arrayjb66 has a bronze arrayjb66 has a bronze array
jb66 has a bronze arrayjb66 has a bronze arrayjb66 has a bronze arrayjb66 has a bronze arrayjb66 has a bronze arrayjb66 has a bronze arrayjb66 has a bronze arrayjb66 has a bronze arrayjb66 has a bronze array

Just switch
jb66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-08-2016, 20:20   #4
Bananaman_007
Inactive

Bananaman_007 is just really niceBananaman_007 is just really niceBananaman_007 is just really niceBananaman_007 is just really niceBananaman_007 is just really niceBananaman_007 is just really nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by djfunkdup View Post
I am not asking for anything unrealistic just something that says they value my business. I would be pritty stupid not to negotiate in the face of major competition. With my electric and mobile phone have been able to get myself some good deals and i bet these huge companies are still making a profit from me. If its not important to VM to keep customers happy then why am i giving them my business.

I also regularly see posts from people claiming they get better deals then me so why should i pay more?

Just checked what a new customer will get

Big Kahuna + Phoneline + 100MB broadband £150 Amazon voucher £49.99 a month for 12 months on a 12 month contract

I currently pay £67 a month for that without the voucher, how can it be wrong for me to want something even close to a deal they are offering new customers?

Last edited by Bananaman_007; 27-08-2016 at 20:43.
Old 05-09-2016, 10:40   #5
hedgie
cf.geek

Services: Phone, 360 + two mini boxes, Hub 5.
hedgie is a glorious beacon of lighthedgie is a glorious beacon of lighthedgie is a glorious beacon of lighthedgie is a glorious beacon of lighthedgie is a glorious beacon of lighthedgie is a glorious beacon of lighthedgie is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bananaman_007 View Post
I am not asking for anything unrealistic just something that says they value my business. I would be pritty stupid not to negotiate in the face of major competition. With my electric and mobile phone have been able to get myself some good deals and i bet these huge companies are still making a profit from me. If its not important to VM to keep customers happy then why am i giving them my business.

I also regularly see posts from people claiming they get better deals then me so why should i pay more?

Just checked what a new customer will get

Big Kahuna + Phoneline + 100MB broadband £150 Amazon voucher £49.99 a month for 12 months on a 12 month contract

I currently pay £67 a month for that without the voucher, how can it be wrong for me to want something even close to a deal they are offering new customers?
There is an introductory period on most packages and they exclude the line rental from the headline figure. I do agree that loyalty should get some credit though, after all they keep saying churn is expensive.

I checked mine out of interest and I'm round about the price new customers get once they are out of the intro period.
hedgie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2016, 19:32   #6
Bananaman_007
Inactive

Well i have now put in my cancellation. Expected a call as its been a week but nothing, well if they don't ring me back i will just sign up to now TV already have the box
Old 19-09-2016, 21:05   #7
Tonydtiger
Inactive

Services: XL TV, Tivo, 152Mb, Phone
Tonydtiger is an unknown quantity at this point

I'm in the same boat. Although I'm not bothered if they don't ring me back as the MSE Sky broadband deal seems to be pretty good.
Tonydtiger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-09-2016, 15:50   #8
Tonydtiger
Inactive

Services: XL TV, Tivo, 152Mb, Phone
Tonydtiger is an unknown quantity at this point

Got a couple of calls back but offers weren't go good as i hoped so I've joined Sky instead.

Top tier everything. Sky Q 2tb, sports, movies, fibre max for £61pm. £12 less than what I'm paying now (Big K package).
Tonydtiger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-09-2016, 10:35   #9
Bananaman_007
Inactive

I managed to get a deal in the end. Saved 12 a month doubled my broadband speed and free movies hd
Old 02-10-2016, 13:20   #10
Gavin78
Ice Cold

Services: XL TV M Phone 200MB BB
Gavin78 is just so famous around these partsGavin78 is just so famous around these partsGavin78 is just so famous around these partsGavin78 is just so famous around these partsGavin78 is just so famous around these partsGavin78 is just so famous around these partsGavin78 is just so famous around these partsGavin78 is just so famous around these partsGavin78 is just so famous around these partsGavin78 is just so famous around these partsGavin78 is just so famous around these partsGavin78 is just so famous around these partsGavin78 is just so famous around these partsGavin78 is just so famous around these partsGavin78 is just so famous around these parts

Quote:
Originally Posted by djfunkdup View Post

They should really be investigated for charging over inflated prices for different people on the same packages for some there can be a £30 a month difference for the same package deal. Despite VM and sky even saying that new and existing customers are treated the same when clearly they are not.
Gavin78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2016, 14:43   #11
jb66
cf.mega poster

jb66 has a bronze arrayjb66 has a bronze arrayjb66 has a bronze array
jb66 has a bronze arrayjb66 has a bronze arrayjb66 has a bronze arrayjb66 has a bronze arrayjb66 has a bronze arrayjb66 has a bronze arrayjb66 has a bronze arrayjb66 has a bronze arrayjb66 has a bronze array

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gavin78 View Post
They should really be investigated for charging over inflated prices for different people on the same packages for some there can be a £30 a month difference for the same package deal. Despite VM and sky even saying that new and existing customers are treated the same when clearly they are not.
What law has been broken?
jb66 is offline   Reply With Quote