Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | New SkyQ packages

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Alternatives to Virgin Media > Sky TV, Sky+ & Sky Q
Register FAQ Community Calendar

New SkyQ packages

Old 21-08-2016, 16:48   #16
Paul
Dr Pepper Addict
Cable Forum Team

Services: Flextel SIP : Sky Mobile : Sky Q TV : VM BB (1000 Mbps) : Aquiss FTTP (330 Mbps)
Paul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered stars
Paul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered stars
Re: New SkyQ packages

Why does Sky Q need a new dish ?

I dont recall that mentioned anywhere on the site.

Baby, I was born this way.
Paul is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 21-08-2016, 16:50   #17
Bob
cf.mega poster

Services: Sky Q and Hyperoptic
Bob has reached the bronze age
Bob has reached the bronze ageBob has reached the bronze ageBob has reached the bronze ageBob has reached the bronze age

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul M View Post

Quite. I have read various things online which suggested that it was a straight forward upgrade and that Sky had been prepping for it since last summer
Bob is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 21-08-2016, 16:51   #18
muppetman11
cf.mega poster

muppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny stars
muppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul M View Post

It doesn't it requires a new wideband lnb or you can ask for a hybrid lnb if you have existing freesat equipment.
muppetman11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-08-2016, 17:13   #19
martyh

Services: Sky Q silver bundle Sky Q 2TB box Sky Q mini box Sky fibre unlimited Sky Talk evenings and week

Quote:
Originally Posted by muppetman11 View Post
It doesn't it requires a new wideband lnb or you can ask for a hybrid lnb if you have existing freesat equipment.
some cabling may need changing as well if it's too old as mine did yesterday .Even though the test the engineer did passed the cable the actual box said no sat signal until a new cable was installed
Old 21-08-2016, 17:39   #20
muppetman11
cf.mega poster

muppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny stars
muppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by martyh View Post
some cabling may need changing as well if it's too old as mine did yesterday .Even though the test the engineer did passed the cable the actual box said no sat signal until a new cable was installed
Agreed usually the Installer will check the condition of your existing dish and cabling , mine just required an lnb switch.
Old 21-08-2016, 17:42   #21
martyh

Services: Sky Q silver bundle Sky Q 2TB box Sky Q mini box Sky fibre unlimited Sky Talk evenings and week

Quote:
Agreed usually the Installer will check the condition of your existing dish and cabling , mine just required an lnb switch.
you'd think wouldn't you
Old 21-08-2016, 17:45   #22
muppetman11
cf.mega poster

Quote:
you'd think wouldn't you
In an ideal world in which all installers had the same work standards.
Old 21-08-2016, 17:55   #23
martyh

Quote:
I am trying to go easy on my installer as i had a fully working sky+ service and i suppose certain assumptions could be made but i am not an engineer and do not know how sensitive the new system is to dodgy signals or settings on the HDMI ports
Old 21-08-2016, 18:16   #24
S_james

Quote:
I am trying to go easy on my installer as i had a fully working sky+ service and i suppose certain assumptions could be made but i am not an engineer and do not know how sensitive the new system is to dodgy signals or settings on the HDMI ports

Don't for get your "fully working" sky+ service had over 10 year development behind it. It did not start out the service you had. Go look through the history of TiVo on Virginmedia it did not start well , same for YouView.

SkyQ will get there, and it will get there because users like you give feedback on public forums,
Old 21-08-2016, 18:21   #25
jb66
cf.mega poster

jb66 has a bronze arrayjb66 has a bronze arrayjb66 has a bronze array
jb66 has a bronze arrayjb66 has a bronze arrayjb66 has a bronze arrayjb66 has a bronze arrayjb66 has a bronze arrayjb66 has a bronze arrayjb66 has a bronze arrayjb66 has a bronze arrayjb66 has a bronze array

Quote:
And tools and time
jb66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-08-2016, 18:22   #26
martyh

Quote:
Originally Posted by S_james View Post
Don't for get your "fully working" sky+ service had over 10 year development behind it. It did not start out the service you had. Go look through the history of TiVo on Virginmedia it did not start well , same for YouView.

SkyQ will get there, and it will get there because users like you give feedback on public forums,
That's a good point ,essentially the few thousand punters that have taken Q are essentially beta testers for the first 12 months which i have no issues with and up to now the Q seems superior to the sky + in every way