Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Free speed upgrade

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin Media Internet Service

Free speed upgrade

Old 18-08-2016, 14:30   #46
Kushan
FORMER Virgin Media Staff

Kushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appeal
Kushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appeal
Re: free speed upgrade

That's not usually how they operate.
Kushan is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 20-08-2016, 06:38   #47
DaMac
Inactive

Services: VM 200mb Gamer BB, 1m Motorised Satellite, Netflix 4K, Amazon Prime 4K, VM M TV, Freesat HD.
DaMac has a brilliant futureDaMac has a brilliant futureDaMac has a brilliant futureDaMac has a brilliant futureDaMac has a brilliant futureDaMac has a brilliant futureDaMac has a brilliant futureDaMac has a brilliant futureDaMac has a brilliant futureDaMac has a brilliant futureDaMac has a brilliant futureDaMac has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kushan View Post
That's not usually how they operate.
that is exactly how companies operate and VM are no different, in fact they are one of the most annoying sales driven companies I have ever encountered, the amount of sales calls I get of them is annoying, I don't answer any of their numbers.
As it is, 1 week on after completing the request and me with the correct equipment still hasn't had the increase, I'll try another modem reboot just to see.....
Nope, still 152.
DaMac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-08-2016, 18:42   #48
Kushan
FORMER Virgin Media Staff

Kushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appeal
Kushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appeal

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaMac View Post
that is exactly how companies operate and VM are no different, in fact they are one of the most annoying sales driven companies I have ever encountered, the amount of sales calls I get of them is annoying, I don't answer any of their numbers.
As it is, 1 week on after completing the request and me with the correct equipment still hasn't had the increase, I'll try another modem reboot just to see.....
Nope, still 152.
Referring to this...

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaMac View Post
Yes I have mate, will try again when I get home.
Just to add since I sent the request I have had 4 missed sales calls from VM, would not put it past them 'withholding' it till they have tried to talk me into a TiVo (and subsequently a new contract).
That is not how Virgin operates. Their sales folk have no way to "withhold" anything from you.
Kushan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-08-2016, 12:33   #49
tucker61
Inactive

Services: Vivid200, v6, full house tv pack
tucker61 is just really nicetucker61 is just really nicetucker61 is just really nicetucker61 is just really nicetucker61 is just really nicetucker61 is just really nice

I am currently on the big bang bundle. Paying 64.48 per month. If I click to upgrade broadband I can see that vivid 200 is available, and the cost is a extra 51.64 per month. Surely this is wrong ?
tucker61 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-08-2016, 15:58   #50
jb66
cf.mega poster

jb66 has a bronze arrayjb66 has a bronze arrayjb66 has a bronze array
jb66 has a bronze arrayjb66 has a bronze arrayjb66 has a bronze arrayjb66 has a bronze arrayjb66 has a bronze arrayjb66 has a bronze arrayjb66 has a bronze arrayjb66 has a bronze arrayjb66 has a bronze array

Quote:
Originally Posted by tucker61 View Post
I am currently on the big bang bundle. Paying 64.48 per month. If I click to upgrade broadband I can see that vivid 200 is available, and the cost is a extra 51.64 per month. Surely this is wrong ?
Obviously
jb66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-08-2016, 17:18   #51
Ddonald2016
cf.geek

Ddonald2016 will become famous soon enoughDdonald2016 will become famous soon enoughDdonald2016 will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by tucker61 View Post
He mate listen once you make a change from a bundle sometimes it takes you to the normal non bundle non discount price. To get the best price you do need to call virgin customer service to get the right price for you

First the big bang price with line rental is currently £52 that includes line rental

You can get the 200mb for less than you pay now or get XL pack and 200 mb for £74
Attached Images
File Type: png IMG_1981.PNG (237.9 KB, 8 views)
File Type: png IMG_1982.PNG (325.9 KB, 9 views)
Ddonald2016 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-08-2016, 17:19   #52
DaMac
Inactive

Services: VM 200mb Gamer BB, 1m Motorised Satellite, Netflix 4K, Amazon Prime 4K, VM M TV, Freesat HD.
DaMac has a brilliant futureDaMac has a brilliant futureDaMac has a brilliant futureDaMac has a brilliant futureDaMac has a brilliant futureDaMac has a brilliant futureDaMac has a brilliant futureDaMac has a brilliant futureDaMac has a brilliant futureDaMac has a brilliant futureDaMac has a brilliant futureDaMac has a brilliant future
Re: Free speed upgrade

Well I still haven't had my upgrade, rather curiously I have logged into my virginmedia.com today and the option to order the speed increase had reappeared, so I have gone through the process of ordering it again and have now received yet another order confirmation e-mail, I'm still hopeful for Christmas, although this is Virgin Media, I certainly wouldn't go to a party at a brewery with them.
DaMac is offline   Reply With Quote