Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Smartphone internal storage

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Computers & IT > General IT Discussion
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Smartphone internal storage

Old 01-08-2016, 21:50   #16
rovert
Inactive

Services: Ex VM now P.O. BB & phone, Freeview.
rovert is on a distinguished roadrovert is on a distinguished road
Re: Smartphone internal storage

Just thought I would post an update on how I am managing my internal storage problem. Unfortunately I am no longer using either "Clean Master" or "Metal". In the case of Clean Master it is because of adverts. One of these offered me a free trial of an iphone 6. Being someone who generally thinks if something seems too good to be true then it probably is meant this was the final straw for me. I found Metal too unreliabe and difficult ot use. When I tried to use the alternative suggested on here "Facebook Lite" in the play store it said it was not available for use in the UK.

In spite of what I have said above I have come across a couple of apps which seem to work for me. The first is App Cache Cleaner which is thankfully advert free but seems to work well. For Facebook I am now using Mini for Facebook which I am finding easy to use and which doesn't cause storage issues.

I am really grateful to those who have offered advice without which I wouldn't have found the solution I now have to the original problem. Thanks all.
rovert is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 01-08-2016, 22:33   #17
techguyone
Deus Vult

Services: VM M350 with Superhub4 (modem mode) > Anytime Chatter > No TV
techguyone has reached the bronze age
techguyone has reached the bronze agetechguyone has reached the bronze agetechguyone has reached the bronze agetechguyone has reached the bronze agetechguyone has reached the bronze agetechguyone has reached the bronze agetechguyone has reached the bronze agetechguyone has reached the bronze agetechguyone has reached the bronze agetechguyone has reached the bronze agetechguyone has reached the bronze agetechguyone has reached the bronze agetechguyone has reached the bronze agetechguyone has reached the bronze agetechguyone has reached the bronze agetechguyone has reached the bronze agetechguyone has reached the bronze agetechguyone has reached the bronze agetechguyone has reached the bronze agetechguyone has reached the bronze age
Send a message via Yahoo to techguyone

Facebook lite down load from here:

http://pollux.androidapksfree.com/po...ndroid-2.3.apk

First make sure you know how to sideload apps. like this:
http://lifehacker.com/5943562/how-to...d-android-apps

The reason its not letting you do it on Google is because they want you to have the bloated one, facebook lite is developed for low spec devices that can't run the fat one, it's also good for low storage devices.

good luck.

I hadn't heard of mini for facebook, it's not made by Facebook (unlike facebook lite) and it apparently according to reviews, suffers from ads too, just be careful.
techguyone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2016, 19:40   #18
rovert
Inactive

Services: Ex VM now P.O. BB & phone, Freeview.
rovert is on a distinguished roadrovert is on a distinguished road

Thanks for the above techguyone. I decided to give Mini for Facebook a few more days but found that adverts started appearing more frequently.

I have followed the instructions on lifehacker on how to sideload apps and now have Facebook Lite working on my phone. Since uninstalling the full facebook version a few weeks back I have not experienced problems with updates to other apps.

Thanks again for all the help.
rovert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2016, 20:06   #19
techguyone
Deus Vult

Services: VM M350 with Superhub4 (modem mode) > Anytime Chatter > No TV
techguyone has reached the bronze age
techguyone has reached the bronze agetechguyone has reached the bronze agetechguyone has reached the bronze agetechguyone has reached the bronze agetechguyone has reached the bronze agetechguyone has reached the bronze agetechguyone has reached the bronze agetechguyone has reached the bronze agetechguyone has reached the bronze agetechguyone has reached the bronze agetechguyone has reached the bronze agetechguyone has reached the bronze agetechguyone has reached the bronze agetechguyone has reached the bronze agetechguyone has reached the bronze agetechguyone has reached the bronze agetechguyone has reached the bronze agetechguyone has reached the bronze agetechguyone has reached the bronze agetechguyone has reached the bronze age
Send a message via Yahoo to techguyone

You're welcome
techguyone is offline   Reply With Quote