Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Help needed. Virgin TV. Where are these prices coming from?

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin Media TV Service

Help needed. Virgin TV. Where are these prices coming from?

Old 30-11-2016, 23:39   #16
Arthurgray50@blu
cf.mega poster

Arthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appeal
Arthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appeal
Re: Help needed. Virgin TV. Where are these prices coming from?

All this business with VM prices and the CS is driving me nuts.

I spoke with a VM salesman outside The Blenheim Centre today. I asked him why VM were axing several channels today.

He replied to me 'do you have VM'. My reply was yes, but it will soon be going. As l hve gone over to Sky. He sked why. I stated that VM keep putting prices up.

He did not give two hoots about what l said, as if he didn't care.

I can never understand VM.

In the last 18 months - they have increased prices FOUR time. Prove me wrong.

On this forum. I hear with customers stating there accounts are wrong, phone retentiosn to try and get a discount.

IF, VM was run properly, they would not have these problems.

Say fr example. New customer starts - they have the big bundle, or whatever they call it these days. plus BB and phone, say £70.00 this will include Sports and Movies.

They keep it for a year - no price increases.

NO SPECIALS DEALS during that year. No retentions. No price increase. Simple.

yet, we have price increases during that time. BUT, we do. And that is not right.

Have the SAME channels as Sky.

Its a good that l am not in charge of VM.

Prices have to be reasonable
Arthurgray50@blu is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 01-12-2016, 17:08   #17
nashville
nashville

Services: Virgin Media
nashville has a nice shiny star
nashville has a nice shiny starnashville has a nice shiny starnashville has a nice shiny starnashville has a nice shiny starnashville has a nice shiny starnashville has a nice shiny starnashville has a nice shiny starnashville has a nice shiny starnashville has a nice shiny starnashville has a nice shiny starnashville has a nice shiny star

I heard on the news today that the line rental for VM is to be frozen for senior citizens and disabled people and is not to go up to the £19 in January,
nashville is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2016, 17:19   #18
denphone
Still alive and fighting

Services: XL BB, 3 360 boxes , XL TV.
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura

Quote:
Originally Posted by nashville View Post
I heard on the news today that the line rental for VM is to be frozen for senior citizens and disabled people and is not to go up to the £19 in January,
Only if they have just the standalone phone package l hear nash.
Old 01-12-2016, 18:24   #19
OLD BOY
Rise above the players

Services: 2 V6 boxes with 360 software, Now, ITVX, Amazon, Netflix, Lionsgate+, Apple+, Disney+, Paramount +,
OLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronze
OLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronze

Quote:
Originally Posted by nashville View Post
Really? How do they know if you are elderly or disabled?
OLD BOY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2016, 19:19   #20
nashville
nashville

Services: Virgin Media
nashville has a nice shiny star
nashville has a nice shiny starnashville has a nice shiny starnashville has a nice shiny starnashville has a nice shiny starnashville has a nice shiny starnashville has a nice shiny starnashville has a nice shiny starnashville has a nice shiny starnashville has a nice shiny starnashville has a nice shiny starnashville has a nice shiny star

Maybe you have to send in your Birth certificate and a letter from the government.
nashville is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2016, 22:00   #21
Bananaman_007
Inactive

Bananaman_007 is just really niceBananaman_007 is just really niceBananaman_007 is just really niceBananaman_007 is just really niceBananaman_007 is just really niceBananaman_007 is just really nice

Another tactic i like to employ is emailing the chief execs office. You usually find they are far more acceptable of your requests.
Bananaman_007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2016, 18:36   #22
pengedragon
cf.addict

Services: Full House, V6, Netflix, Spotify Premium, Sky Go Extra, Eleven Sports, PS4 , 100 meg bb
pengedragon is just really nicepengedragon is just really nicepengedragon is just really nicepengedragon is just really nicepengedragon is just really nicepengedragon is just really nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chad View Post
Spoke with a girl from Virgin Media about this earlier tonight. She was brilliant. I was on the phone for a while whilst she tried to get the package down in price. In the end she got it down from £79.82 per month to £51.70. A saving of £28.12 per month! Plus my parents account is being credited with £45.00 and they are getting their TiVo box with the £14.99 charge waived.

She has restored my faith in Virgin Media. She couldn't be more helpful. She was very understanding and gave me time and space to share my opinion.
well done, in my experience customer services normally see sense, even if it takes a while sometimes
pengedragon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2016, 23:21   #23
Chad
cf.mega poster

Services: SKY Family, SKY Broadband Unlimited, YouView, Netflix, Amazon Instant Video, Boxnation
Chad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny star
Chad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny star

Quote:
Originally Posted by pengedragon View Post
well done, in my experience customer services normally see sense, even if it takes a while sometimes
As an unexpected bonus my Dad now gets SKY Sports in HD.
Chad is offline   Reply With Quote