Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Activation failing?

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin Media Internet Service

Activation failing?

Old 01-07-2016, 20:56   #1
Wallace
cf.addict

Services: VM 200M
Wallace is on a distinguished roadWallace is on a distinguished road
Activation failing?

I thought that I would start a new thread.

As you have probably read in my previous posts, I have upgraded from 152M to 200M requiring me to change out my SH 1 to a new SH 2ac.

All fitted and powered on. I called the activation line and signal sent, allegedly. However, after an hour I still had the 'up/down' arrow flashing green so I called tech support (India I believe). She said she could 'see' my SH but have technical difficulties at the moment and asked me to wait 3-4 hours and reboot the SH and see if it's OK.

I know it's not been 4 hours but I am wondering if I have been fobbed off. When I log into the SH, I see that I have only 1 DS channel, and operational speed is 0. Unsurprisingly, the configuration file is missing.

What can I do apart from wait? I guess existing users are OK, but I have gone from working Internet to not having any. I am writing this on my 4G iPad.
Wallace is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 01-07-2016, 20:57   #2
DJSADERS
Ex - McNicholas Guildford

Services: Sky Q 1TB, 2 x Sky Q Minis, Virgin Media Business Voom Fibre 2
DJSADERS is a glorious beacon of lightDJSADERS is a glorious beacon of lightDJSADERS is a glorious beacon of lightDJSADERS is a glorious beacon of lightDJSADERS is a glorious beacon of lightDJSADERS is a glorious beacon of lightDJSADERS is a glorious beacon of light
Send a message via MSN to DJSADERS
Re: Activation failing?

Nope the activation (HIT) system has been down most of the afternoon...
DJSADERS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2016, 21:05   #3
Wallace
cf.addict

I guess it's still down.

Do I have to keep power cycling the SH to trigger activation, or will it just activate and the up/down arrow turn blue without any intervention from me?
Old 01-07-2016, 21:11   #4
DJSADERS

DJSADERS is a glorious beacon of lightDJSADERS is a glorious beacon of lightDJSADERS is a glorious beacon of lightDJSADERS is a glorious beacon of lightDJSADERS is a glorious beacon of lightDJSADERS is a glorious beacon of lightDJSADERS is a glorious beacon of light

Nope you would have to keep rebooting it, it may need re-activating if it's not done automatically
Old 01-07-2016, 21:30   #5
Wallace
cf.addict

So if I understand you correctly, reboot after a while, if arrow is still green then nothing has changed and wait a while and reboot again. If arrow goes blue, but no Internet access, then call to re-activate. I guess I use the same telephone number I used the first time for automatic activation?

Sorry for all the questions. The last time I had a package upgrade it activated first time.
Old 01-07-2016, 21:38   #6
DJSADERS

5 blue lights = internet access + working

green arrow = either issue not fixed / hub needs re-activating
Old 01-07-2016, 23:13   #7
Wallace
cf.addict

I gave up waiting at 22:00 and called VM. The tech on the phone could see that the activation issue was being resolved and asked me to reboot again. This time it worked!

Now in Modem mode and my speedtest.net result is:

Thank you for your advice.
Old 02-07-2016, 21:25   #8
DJSADERS

Ok no worries

It went down at again 10am today and as far as i know its still down... some very unhappy customers today
Old 06-07-2016, 01:40   #9
Ignitionnet
Inactive

Ignitionnet has a pair of shiny starsIgnitionnet has a pair of shiny starsIgnitionnet has a pair of shiny starsIgnitionnet has a pair of shiny starsIgnitionnet has a pair of shiny stars
Ignitionnet has a pair of shiny starsIgnitionnet has a pair of shiny starsIgnitionnet has a pair of shiny starsIgnitionnet has a pair of shiny starsIgnitionnet has a pair of shiny starsIgnitionnet has a pair of shiny starsIgnitionnet has a pair of shiny starsIgnitionnet has a pair of shiny starsIgnitionnet has a pair of shiny starsIgnitionnet has a pair of shiny stars

That's a system that needs some work. SH3s really shouldn't depend on 17 year old CMTS to get online.
Ignitionnet is offline   Reply With Quote