Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | VEVO App not working

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin Media TV Service

VEVO App not working

Old 29-06-2016, 08:46   #1
andrewlutonuk
cf.addict

Services: XL TV.Sky Sports/Movies, V6, VM 200MB.VM Fixed Phone
andrewlutonuk will become famous soon enoughandrewlutonuk will become famous soon enoughandrewlutonuk will become famous soon enough
VEVO App not working

Vevo on Tivo app is not working

it loads OK, but when I select a video it watch it just says 'One Moment...' on the screen and does nothing else. It stays like that until I go back to the 'Home' screen or watch normal TV

I have phoned it though to Virgin

At first then sent a 'Forced Network connection' though but that did not fix it and told me to ring again in 1 hour if that did not work

my second phone said that was a area fault and to wait 24 hours. It still does not work

andrewlutonuk
andrewlutonuk is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 29-06-2016, 11:18   #2
spiderplant
cf.mega poster

spiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny stars
spiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny stars
Re: VEVO App not working

Did they ask you to reboot it?
spiderplant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-06-2016, 11:39   #3
andrewlutonuk
cf.addict

andrewlutonuk will become famous soon enoughandrewlutonuk will become famous soon enoughandrewlutonuk will become famous soon enough

Yes I have rebooted it and it had made no difference

looks like another phone call later

still not working now at 1030 Wed 29/6

andrewlutonuk
Old 29-06-2016, 18:16   #4
andrewlutonuk
cf.addict

Just phoned Virgin Media again

They have just told me my VEVO Service will not work because of over- utilization in my area

He said it may take a week to fix and may not work again until the new software is rolled out

Is this true of should my VEVO App be working
Old 29-06-2016, 19:27   #5
spiderplant
cf.mega poster

spiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny stars

This is nothing to do with utilisation. There is a known error with the Vevo app that causes the symptom you describe. To workaround you should go back to live TV then reload the app. We're awaiting a new version of the app to fix it, but there is no forecast date for this.
Old 29-06-2016, 20:57   #6
andrewlutonuk
cf.addict

Spiderplant

Thanks again for your help

andrewlutonuk
Old 08-07-2016, 22:25   #7
andrewlutonuk
cf.addict

I see a reply on the Virgin Community Forum that there is high demand issue on the network my tivo box is connected to in my area

There is a refernece of F003708174. which is in place till the 27 July 2016 She also states that some apps may not load at all

Will this explain why my vevo launches but does not play any videos with the 'one moment' staying on screen after i try and play a video

Today, Friday 8/7/16 i have had my tivo replaced and has not made any difference to my Vevo App. The engineer checked my signals to the tivo and said that they were fine

I hope the new Vevo App arrives soon

andrewlutonuk
Old 09-07-2016, 13:38   #8
spiderplant
cf.mega poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by andrewlutonuk View Post
There is a refernece of F003708174. which is in place till the 27 July 2016 She also states that some apps may not load at all
I have had a look at that ticket. The utilisation is high but not terrible. I wouldn't expect it to affect you at all outside peak hours.
Old 09-07-2016, 19:33   #9
andrewlutonuk
cf.addict

Thanks again Spiderplant

My Vevo App still does not work at any time of the day on the tests i carry out

I will wait for that date to expire and telephone again

Otherwise i have not got a clue with what i should do now, they keep telling me different things on the telephone everytime i call

andrewlutonuk
Old 09-07-2016, 19:35   #10
jobbie8
cf.addict

Services: BB 250MB, SKY Stream, Netfix, Disney+, Discovery+, AppleTV+,YouTube Premium, Paramount+
jobbie8 is just really nicejobbie8 is just really nicejobbie8 is just really nicejobbie8 is just really nicejobbie8 is just really nicejobbie8 is just really nice

The ClubAKA app hasn't been working for a few days, just a black screen. TV guide still shows up
jobbie8 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2016, 21:39   #11
RichardCoulter
cf.mega poster

RichardCoulter has disabled reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by andrewlutonuk View Post
...they keep telling me different things on the telephone everytime i call
That's nothing out of the ordinary for VM.

The last time it happened I was querying as to why I was only being sent a baby TiVo instead if a 1TB one that had been promised.

I was all but called a liar "you wouldn't have been told that", "there's nothing on your notes to suggest that you were told this" etc etc.

I asked for the member of staff who had agreed to this to call me to confirm I would still be getting what was promised, or all services would be cancelled.

I did actually receive the callback, the woman remembered what she had said and admitted that she had input it incorrectly, so all was fine.

What if she hadn't remembered though??
RichardCoulter is offline   Reply With Quote