Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Time for an English Parliment?

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > General Discussion > Current Affairs
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Time for an English Parliment?

Old 28-06-2016, 20:28   #31
nashville
nashville

Services: Virgin Media
nashville has a nice shiny star
nashville has a nice shiny starnashville has a nice shiny starnashville has a nice shiny starnashville has a nice shiny starnashville has a nice shiny starnashville has a nice shiny starnashville has a nice shiny starnashville has a nice shiny starnashville has a nice shiny starnashville has a nice shiny starnashville has a nice shiny star
Re: Time for an English Parliment?

Quote:
Originally Posted by pip08456 View Post
NO, we need a United Parliament to vote on what effects the UK as a whole, but where it only affects England then only English elected MP's should have a vote.

While the UK exists there can only be one overall ruling body, but when things only effect one part of it then only that part should vote on it be it Scotland, England, Wales or N.Ireland.
I agree we cannot allow the U K to split up, I am really worried for Scotland we know Sturgeon is doing her very best to break us up altogether, I want to be Scottish and British, not Scottish and European, God Help Us,
nashville is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 28-06-2016, 20:28   #32
RizzyKing

Can we get off this racism crap and deal with the real issues.
Old 28-06-2016, 20:30   #33
RBMark

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hugh View Post
Sorry for making you wait, I was at work...

http://www.cableforum.co.uk/board/20...l#post35844802

No problem, I'm a patient guy, an I always have sympathy for shift workers.

---------- Post added at 20:30 ---------- Previous post was at 20:29 ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by nashville View Post
I agree we cannot allow the U K to split up, I am really worried for Scotland we know Sturgeon is doing her very best to break us up altogether, I want to be Scottish and British, not Scottish and European, God Help Us,

I thought Scotland voted in the majority to remain?
Old 28-06-2016, 20:31   #34
denphone
Still alive and fighting

Services: XL BB, 3 360 boxes , XL TV.
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura

Quote:
Originally Posted by RizzyKing View Post
Can we get off this racism crap and deal with the real issues.
+1
Old 28-06-2016, 20:32   #35
Hugh
laeva recumbens anguis
Cable Forum Team

Services: Premiere Collection
Hugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden aura
Hugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden aura

Quote:
Originally Posted by RBMark View Post

I don't work shifts
If my post is in bold and this colour, it's a Moderator Request.
Hugh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-06-2016, 20:52   #36
Taf
cf.mega poster

Services: TVXL BBXL Superhub 2ac (wired) 1Tb Tivo
Taf has a nice shiny starTaf has a nice shiny starTaf has a nice shiny starTaf has a nice shiny star
Taf has a nice shiny starTaf has a nice shiny starTaf has a nice shiny starTaf has a nice shiny starTaf has a nice shiny starTaf has a nice shiny starTaf has a nice shiny starTaf has a nice shiny star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Russ View Post
You know as well as I do that what we've got doesn't even resemble a 'parliament'.
"They" have very recently demanded that the name of the talking shop be changed to The Welsh Parliament.

Ego boosting I suspect.

---------- Post added at 20:52 ---------- Previous post was at 20:47 ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Russ View Post
Why the hell would I want to tell that to MSPs? They have very little if any influence over my life.
They should have NO influence over your daily life unless you were in Scotland.

Ditto the Welsh Assembly (spit) for anyone outside of Wales.

One day the Northern Ireland Assembly will stop the infighting and start working for the people of Northern Ireland.

So an English body should be formed to deal with purely English matters.

The biggest mistake of the present partition of responsibilities has been the fracturing of the NHS.
Taf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-06-2016, 21:02   #37
nashville
nashville

Services: Virgin Media
nashville has a nice shiny star
nashville has a nice shiny starnashville has a nice shiny starnashville has a nice shiny starnashville has a nice shiny starnashville has a nice shiny starnashville has a nice shiny starnashville has a nice shiny starnashville has a nice shiny starnashville has a nice shiny starnashville has a nice shiny starnashville has a nice shiny star

Quote:

That's what I mean. England would be out and Scotland could in, We must all be as one G B ,
nashville is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-06-2016, 22:49   #38
Arthurgray50@blu
cf.mega poster

Arthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appeal
Arthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appeal

Hugh, don't make matters worse. Or we could end up with a Middlesex Parliament. That will shock everyone. Its just on the borders of rich Surrey
Arthurgray50@blu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-06-2016, 09:40   #39
GrimUpNorth
cf.mega poster

GrimUpNorth has a nice shiny starGrimUpNorth has a nice shiny star
GrimUpNorth has a nice shiny star

Quote:
Your posting style coupled with the way you can't be bothered or are unable to spell 'and' reminds me so much of another member - now sadly banned and oh so missed by many on here.

Cheers

Grim
GrimUpNorth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2016, 17:10   #40
ntluser
cf.mega poster

Services: Virgin Media XL Telephone,TV with Tivo box & Superhub3 upto 150Mb Broadband, Sky World, & Freeview+
ntluser is a pillar of societyntluser is a pillar of societyntluser is a pillar of societyntluser is a pillar of societyntluser is a pillar of societyntluser is a pillar of societyntluser is a pillar of societyntluser is a pillar of societyntluser is a pillar of societyntluser is a pillar of societyntluser is a pillar of societyntluser is a pillar of societyntluser is a pillar of societyntluser is a pillar of societyntluser is a pillar of societyntluser is a pillar of societyntluser is a pillar of societyntluser is a pillar of societyntluser is a pillar of society

It was a big mistake to devolve power to the other countries in the UK in the way they did.

It would have been far cheaper and just as effective if the MPs for England, Scotland, Wales and Northern Ireland took the decisions in respect of their own countries without the need and massive cost of building regional parliaments.

If it had been done that way they would have had more money to spend on dealing with issues in their own country.

Instead we now have the ridiculous situation of the English wanting an English parliament as well as a UK parliament. I wonder if there will be a regional parliament building for this new English parliament. What a waste of money.
ntluser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2016, 20:21   #41
richard s
Permanently Banned

Services: Tivo XL 150mb broadband L phone
richard s is the helpful onerichard s is the helpful onerichard s is the helpful onerichard s is the helpful onerichard s is the helpful onerichard s is the helpful onerichard s is the helpful onerichard s is the helpful onerichard s is the helpful onerichard s is the helpful onerichard s is the helpful onerichard s is the helpful onerichard s is the helpful onerichard s is the helpful onerichard s is the helpful onerichard s is the helpful onerichard s is the helpful onerichard s is the helpful one

No matter were you are in the world there will always be some people that are racist.

English and proud time for a British Republic.
richard s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2016, 20:45   #42
Mr K
Woke and proud !

Services: TV, Phone, BB, a wife
Mr K has a nice shiny star
Mr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny star

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrimUpNorth View Post
Your posting style coupled with the way you can't be bothered or are unable to spell 'and' reminds me so much of another member - now sadly banned and oh so missed by many on here.

Cheers

Grim
Yes, reminds me of the same person as well Grim. Must be a coincidence....
Mr K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2016, 15:09   #43
Ignitionnet
Inactive

Ignitionnet has a pair of shiny starsIgnitionnet has a pair of shiny starsIgnitionnet has a pair of shiny starsIgnitionnet has a pair of shiny starsIgnitionnet has a pair of shiny stars
Ignitionnet has a pair of shiny starsIgnitionnet has a pair of shiny starsIgnitionnet has a pair of shiny starsIgnitionnet has a pair of shiny starsIgnitionnet has a pair of shiny starsIgnitionnet has a pair of shiny starsIgnitionnet has a pair of shiny starsIgnitionnet has a pair of shiny starsIgnitionnet has a pair of shiny starsIgnitionnet has a pair of shiny stars

There's a lot to be said for a Federal UK. The abbreviation is good for starters.
Ignitionnet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2016, 15:31   #44
ntluser
cf.mega poster

Services: Virgin Media XL Telephone,TV with Tivo box & Superhub3 upto 150Mb Broadband, Sky World, & Freeview+
ntluser is a pillar of societyntluser is a pillar of societyntluser is a pillar of societyntluser is a pillar of societyntluser is a pillar of societyntluser is a pillar of societyntluser is a pillar of societyntluser is a pillar of societyntluser is a pillar of societyntluser is a pillar of societyntluser is a pillar of societyntluser is a pillar of societyntluser is a pillar of societyntluser is a pillar of societyntluser is a pillar of societyntluser is a pillar of societyntluser is a pillar of societyntluser is a pillar of societyntluser is a pillar of society

Having an English Parliament is as big a waste of money as the creation of all the other devolved parliaments.

It would have been simpler and cheaper if we had English MPs taking the lead on English issues, Scottish MPs leading on Scottish issues, Welsh MPs leading on Welsh issues and Ulster MPs leading on Ulster issues. UK wide issues would involve all MPs.

The money spent building the parliament buildings could have been better spent on dealing with the issues that each nation has identified.

Devolved parliaments are a recipe for a disunited UK.

The problem is similar to the formation of the EU.

In the past Foreign secretaries and their departments negotiated trade deals with other countries.

Now we have the massive and highly expensive EU parliament and infrastructure plus meetings of EU leaders to do the same job.

If we had left things as they were, the money wasted setting up and maintaining the EU could have been spent on actual issues identified by national parliaments.
ntluser is offline   Reply With Quote