Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Rollercoaster plummets to the ground at M&Ds Strathclyde Park

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > General Discussion > Current Affairs

Rollercoaster plummets to the ground at M&Ds Strathclyde Park

Old 26-06-2016, 17:38   #1
Chris
Trollsplatter
Cable Forum Team

Services: Humane elimination of all common Internet pests
Chris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden aura
Chris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden aura
Rollercoaster plummets to the ground at M&Ds Strathclyde Park

Breaking

Quote:
A rollercoaster has derailed at M&D’s theme park in Motherwell.

Early eyewitness reports say the carriage on the Tsunami ride came off the tracks and plunged 30ft to the ground.

It is estimated eight to ten people were on board.
http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/incomin...BU3dDRiH2tP.97

Really not looking good at all.
Chris is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 26-06-2016, 21:03   #2
Hom3r
Mum 15/08/46 - 30/09/20

Location: Galactic Sector ZZ9 Plural Z Alpha, www.daves-world.co.uk. A secret Moonbase (shh don't tell anybody)
Services: 1 V6, 2x1TB TiVo, SH3. Samsung Galaxy Note 10+ 5G, Ton's of Smart Home stuff, & Cuddy Toy
Hom3r has a pair of shiny starsHom3r has a pair of shiny starsHom3r has a pair of shiny starsHom3r has a pair of shiny stars
Hom3r has a pair of shiny stars
Re: Rollercoaster plummets to the ground at M&Ds Strathclyde Park

What I can gather just injuries ATM.
Old 26-06-2016, 21:59   #3
techguyone
Deus Vult

Services: VM M350 with Superhub4 (modem mode) > Anytime Chatter > No TV
techguyone has reached the bronze age
techguyone has reached the bronze agetechguyone has reached the bronze agetechguyone has reached the bronze agetechguyone has reached the bronze agetechguyone has reached the bronze agetechguyone has reached the bronze agetechguyone has reached the bronze agetechguyone has reached the bronze agetechguyone has reached the bronze agetechguyone has reached the bronze agetechguyone has reached the bronze agetechguyone has reached the bronze agetechguyone has reached the bronze agetechguyone has reached the bronze agetechguyone has reached the bronze agetechguyone has reached the bronze agetechguyone has reached the bronze agetechguyone has reached the bronze agetechguyone has reached the bronze agetechguyone has reached the bronze age
Send a message via Yahoo to techguyone

Funnily enough I was going up the M something or other into Scotland today and saw a load of fire engines/ambulances heading South & wondered what was happening.
techguyone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-06-2016, 22:13   #4
Chris
Trollsplatter
Cable Forum Team

Services: Humane elimination of all common Internet pests
Chris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden aura
Chris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden aura

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hom3r View Post
What I can gather just injuries ATM.
As we saw at Alton Towers, "just" injuries can be life-altering.

Eight kids and two adults confirmed hurt - time will tell how badly.
Chris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-06-2016, 10:37   #5
Stephen
Bah Humbug!!

Services: Sky Q 2Tb, Sky Q mini, boxsets and Sports & Movies HD, Sky Fibre unlimited
Stephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny star
Stephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny star

I did reaqd this morning one of the adults has broken knees, dislocated shoulder and possible other fractures amoung other injuries.

I was last at M&Ds 4 years ago and that coaster looked dodgy back then. It was actually closed for a part of the day and the tracks looked pretty rusty. I know its had other faults since 2011 where its broken down at times and got stuck. I doubt they are very good at maintaining the rides.

I certainly will never go back.