Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Just bought a bundle from scan

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Computers & IT > General IT Discussion
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Just bought a bundle from scan

Old 14-07-2016, 03:02   #16
Gavin78
Ice Cold

Services: XL TV M Phone 200MB BB
Gavin78 is just so famous around these partsGavin78 is just so famous around these partsGavin78 is just so famous around these partsGavin78 is just so famous around these partsGavin78 is just so famous around these partsGavin78 is just so famous around these partsGavin78 is just so famous around these partsGavin78 is just so famous around these partsGavin78 is just so famous around these partsGavin78 is just so famous around these partsGavin78 is just so famous around these partsGavin78 is just so famous around these partsGavin78 is just so famous around these partsGavin78 is just so famous around these partsGavin78 is just so famous around these parts
Re: Just bought a bundle from scan

I kind of half complained to scan about the 24hr burn test, the cooler being not efficient enough and that I had to alter the bios myself to get the OC settings right which is something I paid them to d....this was the last response I got back from them.

Hi,

The thermals of the system on an Extreme overclock are good, Dangerous temperatures are around 85-95c Which is when we need to start looking at the temperatures.

As for the oveclock being unstable, There are many factors that account as to wether the overclock is stable or not, Unfortunately it can be extremely complicated. I can assure you the system has passed a 24 hour burn test although it can depend even on the power supply that you are using or even in extreme cases, The power supplied into your house. As we cannot account for every combination of issues that could appear, We do sometimes have to tweak the overclock slightly. We are sorry for the inconvenience caused with this although you should have no further issues with the overclock.

The spec of this system has been tried, tested and confirmed to be able to cope with the overclock. If there were any concerns on how well the cooler performs, We would not have that spec for sale until we have confirmed it working ourselves.

The memory speeds can be quite confusing sometimes: DDR3 memory comes in 1600MHz (stock) modules as standard and can be overclocked by the manufacturer up to 2133MHz. You do have memory speeds of 2133MHz but the base, Stock stick of memory is 1600MHz (From the manufacturer).

If you did want to upgrade the cooler, It would not void your warranty unless there was damage done to the bundle. Also if the bundle needs to come back to us, We cannot support the new cooler under the bundles warraty, It will follow its own warranty in the event of a failure.

Please let us know if you have any further concerns, I do hope i have addressed everything in your previous Email.
Gavin78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 15-07-2016, 21:14   #17
alferret
cf.mega poster

Services: There is no destination to life, the journey is everything!
alferret has a nice shiny star
alferret has a nice shiny staralferret has a nice shiny staralferret has a nice shiny staralferret has a nice shiny staralferret has a nice shiny staralferret has a nice shiny staralferret has a nice shiny staralferret has a nice shiny staralferret has a nice shiny staralferret has a nice shiny staralferret has a nice shiny staralferret has a nice shiny staralferret has a nice shiny staralferret has a nice shiny staralferret has a nice shiny staralferret has a nice shiny staralferret has a nice shiny staralferret has a nice shiny staralferret has a nice shiny staralferret has a nice shiny star

I have a 4690k on an Asus B85 pro gamer. At stock voltages I now get 4.6Ghz on air using an i30 cooler. Max temp 52'ish & 28c idle.
This was a new build nearly 2 years ago, at the time of the build I brought an Aerocool intergrater 850w psu.
I always had issues with stability when running things like prime at anything other than stock speeds. It would game at 4.3-4.5 but had random crashes and sit all day the desktop without any noticeable problems doing mundane stuff like T'interweb and streaming.
A couple of months ago I decided after much trialling and wanting to get more out the CPU I thought I'd get a new psu, opted for a corsair RM650i and this is what was needed to get higher clock speeds at stock voltages, no issues at 4.6 and I have achieved 4.8 with slight voltage increases but it could do with liquid cooling if run for any amount time.
My advice would be change the psu, the corsair CS range is a budget psu and is probably the root of your problems.
alferret is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-07-2016, 23:03   #18
Gavin78
Ice Cold

Services: XL TV M Phone 200MB BB
Gavin78 is just so famous around these partsGavin78 is just so famous around these partsGavin78 is just so famous around these partsGavin78 is just so famous around these partsGavin78 is just so famous around these partsGavin78 is just so famous around these partsGavin78 is just so famous around these partsGavin78 is just so famous around these partsGavin78 is just so famous around these partsGavin78 is just so famous around these partsGavin78 is just so famous around these partsGavin78 is just so famous around these partsGavin78 is just so famous around these partsGavin78 is just so famous around these partsGavin78 is just so famous around these parts

I've only just bought the psu and it wasn't that cheap about £80 or £90

It seems stable at the moment but I haven't really tried any games that hammer the CPU since I did a reinstall but going to try them over the next week.
Gavin78 is offline   Reply With Quote