Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Gmail file attachment issue

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Computers & IT > Internet Discussion

Gmail file attachment issue

Old 27-05-2016, 19:36   #1
alanbjames
R.I.P.

Services: XL Phone, XXXL Gig1 BB SH4 (wired).
alanbjames is just so famous around these partsalanbjames is just so famous around these partsalanbjames is just so famous around these partsalanbjames is just so famous around these partsalanbjames is just so famous around these partsalanbjames is just so famous around these partsalanbjames is just so famous around these partsalanbjames is just so famous around these partsalanbjames is just so famous around these partsalanbjames is just so famous around these partsalanbjames is just so famous around these partsalanbjames is just so famous around these partsalanbjames is just so famous around these partsalanbjames is just so famous around these partsalanbjames is just so famous around these parts
Gmail file attachment issue

Is anyone else having problems sending file attachments to people on gmail?

I have tried numerous times over past 2 days and although they are sending, the person isn't receiving.
alanbjames is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 27-05-2016, 20:10   #2
Hom3r
Mum 15/08/46 - 30/09/20

Location: Galactic Sector ZZ9 Plural Z Alpha, www.daves-world.co.uk. A secret Moonbase (shh don't tell anybody)
Services: 1 V6, 2x1TB TiVo, SH3. Samsung Galaxy Note 10+ 5G, Ton's of Smart Home stuff, & Cuddy Toy
Hom3r has a pair of shiny starsHom3r has a pair of shiny starsHom3r has a pair of shiny starsHom3r has a pair of shiny stars
Hom3r has a pair of shiny stars
Re: Gmail file attachment issue

Are the receiving the email, but not the attachment?

Is it a private or work email its being sent to?

If work it could be their system deleting the attachment for "security" reasons or the size exceeds the inbox limits.

My works IT deletes any email with ZIP files, but doesn't tell either party, so you can guess I looked a right pratt when they had sent a email 4 times.

In the end I got them to send to to my private account.
Old 27-05-2016, 20:11   #3
SnoopZ
CF Resident Dog

SnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny stars
SnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny stars

Try sending to yourself, does it work? Also maybe the file attachment is too big for the other person to receive.
Old 27-05-2016, 21:02   #4
alanbjames
R.I.P.

alanbjames is just so famous around these partsalanbjames is just so famous around these partsalanbjames is just so famous around these partsalanbjames is just so famous around these partsalanbjames is just so famous around these partsalanbjames is just so famous around these partsalanbjames is just so famous around these partsalanbjames is just so famous around these partsalanbjames is just so famous around these partsalanbjames is just so famous around these partsalanbjames is just so famous around these partsalanbjames is just so famous around these partsalanbjames is just so famous around these partsalanbjames is just so famous around these partsalanbjames is just so famous around these parts

They are not receiving the email at all.

If i send to myself it does work and his emails are not work no, they r setup in Outlook 2010.
Old 27-05-2016, 22:23   #5
SnoopZ
CF Resident Dog

SnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny stars
SnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by alanbjames View Post
They are not receiving the email at all.

If i send to myself it does work and his emails are not work no, they r setup in Outlook 2010.
We need more information, can he receive other emails ok?

Who is his provider?

what is the size of your attachment?
Old 28-05-2016, 21:34   #6
alanbjames
R.I.P.

He can recieve emails from me with no attachment fine.

We are both using Gmail, size of the attachment is 2.1mb.
Old 29-05-2016, 00:32   #7
SnoopZ
CF Resident Dog

Quote:
He can recieve emails from me with no attachment fine.

We are both using Gmail, size of the attachment is 2.1mb.
Get him to try it using the webpage Gmail and not outlook, failing that I have no clue unless he has some kind of block on in his setting.
Old 29-05-2016, 23:17   #8
alanbjames
R.I.P.

Still not reaching him unless i send him the email without the file. I just sent him the file using my outlook account and he got fine.

Very Strange.
Old 29-05-2016, 23:32   #9
SnoopZ
CF Resident Dog

Quote:
Still not reaching him unless i send him the email without the file. I just sent him the file using my outlook account and he got fine.

Very Strange.
Strange, so it looks like it is your gmail account his gmail doesn't like, so then he needs to look in his settings as that is obviously the problem?

Last edited by SnoopZ; 29-05-2016 at 23:39.
SnoopZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-05-2016, 00:32   #10
alanbjames
R.I.P.

thats just it nothing has been changed by him. It was working one day and next didnt wanna know.
Old 02-06-2016, 20:12   #11
richard s
Permanently Banned

Services: Tivo XL 150mb broadband L phone
richard s is the helpful onerichard s is the helpful onerichard s is the helpful onerichard s is the helpful onerichard s is the helpful onerichard s is the helpful onerichard s is the helpful onerichard s is the helpful onerichard s is the helpful onerichard s is the helpful onerichard s is the helpful onerichard s is the helpful onerichard s is the helpful onerichard s is the helpful onerichard s is the helpful onerichard s is the helpful onerichard s is the helpful onerichard s is the helpful one

Can he send a file to himself with an attachment.
richard s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2016, 21:03   #12
Hom3r
Mum 15/08/46 - 30/09/20

Location: Galactic Sector ZZ9 Plural Z Alpha, www.daves-world.co.uk. A secret Moonbase (shh don't tell anybody)
Services: 1 V6, 2x1TB TiVo, SH3. Samsung Galaxy Note 10+ 5G, Ton's of Smart Home stuff, & Cuddy Toy
Hom3r has a pair of shiny starsHom3r has a pair of shiny starsHom3r has a pair of shiny starsHom3r has a pair of shiny stars
Hom3r has a pair of shiny stars

Is the attachment zipped?
Old 03-06-2016, 22:55   #13
alanbjames
R.I.P.

nope its a Jpg file.