Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | The end of the V+.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin Media TV Service
Register FAQ Community Calendar

The end of the V+.
View Poll Results: Do you still have a V+?
Yes, as my main PVR. 10 14.29%
Yes, as a secondary PVR. 28 40.00%
Yes, but I plan to upgrade to TiVo in the near future. 1 1.43%
No. 31 44.29%
Voters: 70. You may not vote on this poll

Old 21-05-2016, 18:27   #61
Hom3r
Mum 15/08/46 - 30/09/20

Location: Galactic Sector ZZ9 Plural Z Alpha, www.daves-world.co.uk. A secret Moonbase (shh don't tell anybody)
Services: 1 V6, 2x1TB TiVo, SH3. Samsung Galaxy Note 10+ 5G, Ton's of Smart Home stuff, & Cuddy Toy
Hom3r has a pair of shiny starsHom3r has a pair of shiny starsHom3r has a pair of shiny starsHom3r has a pair of shiny stars
Hom3r has a pair of shiny stars
Re: The end of the V+.

We have a 1TB Tivo downstairs and a SA V+ in my room.

A Tivo will be welcome so I can plug it into my network hub
Old 21-05-2016, 18:34   #62
spiderplant
cf.mega poster

spiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny stars
spiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by RichardCoulter View Post
If the V+ is going by the end if the year, I can't see the point of them collecting even the Samsung boxes.
The V+ is not going by the end of the year, only the Scientific-Atlanta version.

Quote:
Maybe they refurbish and present them to make them look like new in the digital age??
They do. There are a few new V+'s about, but chances are it was refurb.
spiderplant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-05-2016, 19:38   #63
trueblood
cf.member

Services: TV XL Phone M BB XL 200 MB V6 x 2
trueblood will become famous soon enoughtrueblood will become famous soon enoughtrueblood will become famous soon enough

What size HDD do they have. It must be nearly impossible to find 160GB drive's now?.
trueblood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-05-2016, 21:08   #64
spiderplant
cf.mega poster

spiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny stars
spiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by trueblood View Post
What size HDD do they have. It must be nearly impossible to find 160GB drive's now?.
They have 160GB drives. They aren't available new, but company who do the refurbishment have sufficient stocks.
spiderplant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-05-2016, 23:23   #65
wildfruit
cf.member

Services: M600, talk more anytime 2 x V6, sky cinema, Sky sports Maxit TV, kids pack, unlimited sim
wildfruit is an unknown quantity at this point

I still have a Samsung v+ hooked up to an old crt in the bedroom and the main box is TiVo. After a couple of years of analysis I really must say I prefer the Samsung box. It's quicker smoother and for the life of me I just don't find the TiVo intuitive. Considering ringing up to see if I can go back to v+ for main box.
wildfruit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-05-2016, 00:20   #66
RichardCoulter
cf.mega poster

RichardCoulter has disabled reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by wildfruit View Post
I still have a Samsung v+ hooked up to an old crt in the bedroom and the main box is TiVo. After a couple of years of analysis I really must say I prefer the Samsung box. It's quicker smoother and for the life of me I just don't find the TiVo intuitive. Considering ringing up to see if I can go back to v+ for main box.
I dont think that they'll let you go back to having a V+ as your main box.

If you use the main box more often, you could always swap them around.
RichardCoulter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2016, 03:35   #67
mototrbo
Inactive

Services: 50Mb, Freeview HD, Xbox Live
mototrbo is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by passingbat View Post
Just had a visit from some friends who have just been contacted by VM to say they are having their V+ changed for Tivo in a few weeks time. I'm guessing they have SA box.
If they are going to replace the V+ or SA box then they can take off the TiVo monthly fee
mototrbo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2016, 06:02   #68
RichardCoulter
cf.mega poster

RichardCoulter has disabled reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by mototrbo View Post
If they are going to replace the V+ or SA box then they can take off the TiVo monthly fee
Apparently either the monthly fee will be waived, or the TiVo will cost an extra £5 per month, but you will usually be put onto a package with a saving that more than negates this.
RichardCoulter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2016, 09:31   #69
passingbat
Inactive

Services: Virgin 100 meg BB, Talk More Anytime Phone, Mix TV, V6.
passingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronze
passingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronze

Quote:
Originally Posted by mototrbo View Post
Quote:
Apparently either the monthly fee will be waived, or the TiVo will cost an extra £5 per month, but you will usually be put onto a package with a saving that more than negates this.
They were paying £5 p/m anyway, as they had M TV and that incurred £5 p/m for V+.
passingbat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2016, 11:02   #70
daveybm
cf.member

Services: Ultimate Oomph
daveybm is on a distinguished roaddaveybm is on a distinguished road

As someone who has already had the upgrade ,I can tell you it shows up on your bill as Tivo Credit so presumably they charge you and then credit you back at the same time, anyway my bills stayed the same

Dave
daveybm is offline   Reply With Quote