Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Hub 3.0

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin Media Internet Service

Hub 3.0

Old 28-04-2016, 22:17   #46
Gobble
cf.addict

Services: Gig1 SH4-AX86U, Stream
Gobble is just really niceGobble is just really niceGobble is just really niceGobble is just really niceGobble is just really niceGobble is just really nice
Re: Hub 3.0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ignitionnet View Post

Sure you're on a cBR-8? How do you know?
I had a fault ticket open for utlization and one of the forum team on the board got in contact to say it had been closed and my connection had been moved to a new CMTS. Asked if it was a new Arris, but was told it's the cBR-8. I've checked my CMTS MAC and it is indeed Cisco (not that I was doubting) and upstream like I say is 64QAM.
Gobble is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 28-04-2016, 22:18   #47
Martin_D
cf.geek

Services: YouFibre | Lebara Sim x 2| Plex
Martin_D is a splendid one to beholdMartin_D is a splendid one to beholdMartin_D is a splendid one to beholdMartin_D is a splendid one to beholdMartin_D is a splendid one to beholdMartin_D is a splendid one to beholdMartin_D is a splendid one to beholdMartin_D is a splendid one to beholdMartin_D is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Unless your IP address changed and you moved to a new CMTS there, yes indeed.
Yes my ip changed

Host Name now

cpc******-uddi28-2-0-cust**.20-*.cable.virginm.net

This CMTS has a new mac code

Was

cpc******-uddi22-2-0-cust**.20-*.cable.virginm.net

Old CMTS-MAC=c4:64:13
Martin_D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-04-2016, 23:52   #48
Ignitionnet
Inactive

Ignitionnet has a pair of shiny starsIgnitionnet has a pair of shiny starsIgnitionnet has a pair of shiny starsIgnitionnet has a pair of shiny starsIgnitionnet has a pair of shiny stars
Ignitionnet has a pair of shiny starsIgnitionnet has a pair of shiny starsIgnitionnet has a pair of shiny starsIgnitionnet has a pair of shiny starsIgnitionnet has a pair of shiny starsIgnitionnet has a pair of shiny starsIgnitionnet has a pair of shiny starsIgnitionnet has a pair of shiny starsIgnitionnet has a pair of shiny starsIgnitionnet has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gobble View Post
I had a fault ticket open for utlization and one of the forum team on the board got in contact to say it had been closed and my connection had been moved to a new CMTS. Asked if it was a new Arris, but was told it's the cBR-8. I've checked my CMTS MAC and it is indeed Cisco (not that I was doubting) and upstream like I say is 64QAM.
Good to know, thank you. Knew it was coming but wasn't sure of the exact timing.

---------- Post added at 22:52 ---------- Previous post was at 22:51 ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Martin_D View Post
Yes my ip changed

Host Name now

cpc******-uddi28-2-0-cust**.20-*.cable.virginm.net

This CMTS has a new mac code

Was

cpc******-uddi22-2-0-cust**.20-*.cable.virginm.net

Old CMTS-MAC=c4:64:13
Okay could be Arris or cBR-8. The MAC address will indicate.

EDIT: In some areas the Cisco 10k is still in use but with upgraded line cards as there's no room, no power or other restrictions preventing deployment of next generation CMTS.
Ignitionnet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-04-2016, 11:31   #49
Gobble
cf.addict

Gobble is just really niceGobble is just really niceGobble is just really niceGobble is just really niceGobble is just really niceGobble is just really nice

Quote:
Good to know, thank you. Knew it was coming but wasn't sure of the exact timing.
Well my speed performance issues at peak times (which honestly weren't even that bad) have gone, but like I say I'm surprised to see only 8 downstream channels in use. My guess, something down to configuration which is likely to change.
Old 29-04-2016, 14:01   #50
Ignitionnet
Inactive

Ignitionnet has a pair of shiny starsIgnitionnet has a pair of shiny starsIgnitionnet has a pair of shiny starsIgnitionnet has a pair of shiny starsIgnitionnet has a pair of shiny stars
Ignitionnet has a pair of shiny starsIgnitionnet has a pair of shiny starsIgnitionnet has a pair of shiny starsIgnitionnet has a pair of shiny starsIgnitionnet has a pair of shiny starsIgnitionnet has a pair of shiny starsIgnitionnet has a pair of shiny starsIgnitionnet has a pair of shiny starsIgnitionnet has a pair of shiny starsIgnitionnet has a pair of shiny stars

Is now a good time to mention that the cBR-8s are, right down to the line cards customers are connecting to, DOCSIS 3.1 ready?
Ignitionnet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-04-2016, 14:03   #51
Gobble
cf.addict

Quote:
Is now a good time to mention that the cBR-8s are, right down to the line cards customers are connecting to, DOCSIS 3.1 ready?
I was of the impression that both the Arris and Cisco cBR-8's are DOCSIS 3.1 ready? (hopefully this time you won't correct me ). I somewhat feel like I/we've hijacked this thread in another direction.
Old 29-04-2016, 14:29   #52
Martin_D
cf.geek

Martin_D is a splendid one to beholdMartin_D is a splendid one to beholdMartin_D is a splendid one to beholdMartin_D is a splendid one to beholdMartin_D is a splendid one to beholdMartin_D is a splendid one to beholdMartin_D is a splendid one to beholdMartin_D is a splendid one to beholdMartin_D is a splendid one to behold

Quote:

Thank you for confirming am on the cBR-8. Just asked over on the virgin forum and one of the team confirmed it too
Old 29-04-2016, 16:41   #53
Gobble
cf.addict

Quote:
Thank you for confirming am on the cBR-8. Just asked over on the virgin forum and one of the team confirmed it too
8 channels also? Just noticed your PM, but would have only been able to say that Cisco have a lot of variations it could have been :P
Old 29-04-2016, 16:48   #54
Martin_D
cf.geek

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gobble View Post
8 channels also? Just noticed your PM, but would have only been able to say that Cisco have a lot of variations it could have been :P
No 16/2, Just found this video it's so cheesy

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mnfitiXQIdI
Old 29-04-2016, 19:39   #55
Khenryashley
Freedom for smokers

Services: VM. 3 boxes ( 1 x TiVo 2 x V6) 350 mbps BB
Khenryashley is a jewel in the roughKhenryashley is a jewel in the roughKhenryashley is a jewel in the roughKhenryashley is a jewel in the roughKhenryashley is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
No 16/2, Just found this video it's so cheesy

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mnfitiXQIdI
What the feck have I just watched
Khenryashley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-04-2016, 19:43   #56
Martin_D
cf.geek

Quote:
Originally Posted by Khenryashley View Post
What the feck have I just watched
I Know
Old 29-04-2016, 21:05   #57
General Maximus
Ran Away

Services: phone + 1gbit BB + SkyQ
General Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronze
General Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronze

I flipping love that. It is very easy to stereotype companies like this and google as being all technical business orientated and everything is about £££. They could have done a boring and technical business presentation on it but they chose to do something light hearted and fun and show everyone they are down to earth. I loved it and I just wish the seats were full for them.
General Maximus is offline   Reply With Quote