Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Flexible Discount

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin Media Billing Issues

Flexible Discount

Old 08-05-2016, 12:13   #16
GrimUpNorth
cf.mega poster

GrimUpNorth has a nice shiny star
GrimUpNorth has a nice shiny starGrimUpNorth has a nice shiny starGrimUpNorth has a nice shiny starGrimUpNorth has a nice shiny starGrimUpNorth has a nice shiny starGrimUpNorth has a nice shiny starGrimUpNorth has a nice shiny starGrimUpNorth has a nice shiny starGrimUpNorth has a nice shiny starGrimUpNorth has a nice shiny starGrimUpNorth has a nice shiny starGrimUpNorth has a nice shiny starGrimUpNorth has a nice shiny starGrimUpNorth has a nice shiny starGrimUpNorth has a nice shiny starGrimUpNorth has a nice shiny starGrimUpNorth has a nice shiny starGrimUpNorth has a nice shiny starGrimUpNorth has a nice shiny starGrimUpNorth has a nice shiny star
Re: Flexible Discount

I had a similar issue earlier in the year with line rental saver. I've paid the £120/year for some time and was told this offer would continue to this year - all I had to do was call in (the agent even put a note saying so on my notes).

When I phoned as agreed I was told no deal. As Sky had a 50% off for 12 months offer running I just gave VM my 30 days notice (didn't want to move to Sky as Mrs G doesn't like the colour of the Sky guide ).

A few days later VM called to see what they could do to make me stay, I suggested keeping their promises would be an idea so she did the line rental for £120 and put a monthly credit to cancel the price rise and reduce the price (without me asking). She also put another note on the account to say the line rental saver would continue at £120 for another year.

I had to agree another 12 month contract but was happy with that. Our package is:
1terabyte TiVo
500 gigabyte TiVo
XL TV
Talk unlimited
Caller display
£5 08 calls
200 Mbps internet

Basic price £67.99, we get two loyalty discounts of £3 and £11 so pay £53.99 (plus line rental saver at £10/month).

I didn't enjoy threatening to leave but a promise should be kept.

Cheers

Grim
GrimUpNorth is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 08-05-2016, 18:38   #17
Ignitionnet
Inactive

Ignitionnet has a pair of shiny starsIgnitionnet has a pair of shiny starsIgnitionnet has a pair of shiny starsIgnitionnet has a pair of shiny starsIgnitionnet has a pair of shiny stars
Ignitionnet has a pair of shiny starsIgnitionnet has a pair of shiny starsIgnitionnet has a pair of shiny starsIgnitionnet has a pair of shiny starsIgnitionnet has a pair of shiny starsIgnitionnet has a pair of shiny starsIgnitionnet has a pair of shiny starsIgnitionnet has a pair of shiny starsIgnitionnet has a pair of shiny starsIgnitionnet has a pair of shiny stars

That's a really big problem. Retentions agents shouldn't be making promises like that although it's not surprising they do. They seem to be loose cannons at times, doing as they please to try and get the commission and hit their targets.
Ignitionnet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2016, 23:17   #18
GrimUpNorth
cf.mega poster

GrimUpNorth has a nice shiny star
GrimUpNorth has a nice shiny starGrimUpNorth has a nice shiny starGrimUpNorth has a nice shiny starGrimUpNorth has a nice shiny starGrimUpNorth has a nice shiny starGrimUpNorth has a nice shiny starGrimUpNorth has a nice shiny starGrimUpNorth has a nice shiny starGrimUpNorth has a nice shiny starGrimUpNorth has a nice shiny starGrimUpNorth has a nice shiny starGrimUpNorth has a nice shiny starGrimUpNorth has a nice shiny starGrimUpNorth has a nice shiny starGrimUpNorth has a nice shiny starGrimUpNorth has a nice shiny starGrimUpNorth has a nice shiny starGrimUpNorth has a nice shiny starGrimUpNorth has a nice shiny starGrimUpNorth has a nice shiny star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ignitionnet View Post
That's a really big problem. Retentions agents shouldn't be making promises like that although it's not surprising they do. They seem to be loose cannons at times, doing as they please to try and get the commission and hit their targets.
If the system allows the discount codes people will use them. If they hadn't of phoned me I would of happily moved on (I didn't expect a call). Like most utilities there are other suppliers out there.

Cheers

Grim
GrimUpNorth is offline   Reply With Quote