Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Moving property cancellation query

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin Media Billing Issues

Moving property cancellation query

Old 14-02-2016, 17:24   #1
AGray
Inactive

AGray is an unknown quantity at this point
Moving property cancellation query

My mother in law currently has Virgin Media services, paying about £80-90 per month mainly for the TV services. Anyway, she will be moving in with us in another county in the next few weeks.

The only issue is that recently i spoke to Virgin due to the price increase and straightened stuff out with them, she may have gone into a new contract period...

We currently have Virgin services in our own property thus she can't transfer her services - Though she will be buying the Movie package which we don't have, plus multiroom Tivo....

Will Virgin get funny with her cancelling i wonder?
AGray is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 15-02-2016, 10:20   #2
RobboEdin
cf.mega poster

RobboEdin has reached the bronze age
RobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze age
Re: Moving property cancellation query

They won't get funny but, as your mother is still in her minimum contract period, she will have to pay early disconnection fees.
RobboEdin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-02-2016, 15:01   #3
AGray
Inactive

So based on this assumption would this be her remaining months x line rental? So probably about 10 months worth of £80?
Old 16-02-2016, 16:50   #4
jb66
cf.mega poster

jb66 has a bronze arrayjb66 has a bronze arrayjb66 has a bronze array
jb66 has a bronze arrayjb66 has a bronze arrayjb66 has a bronze arrayjb66 has a bronze arrayjb66 has a bronze arrayjb66 has a bronze arrayjb66 has a bronze arrayjb66 has a bronze arrayjb66 has a bronze array

Might be cheaper to cancel your services and move your mums to your address
jb66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-02-2016, 17:57   #5
RobboEdin
cf.mega poster

RobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze age

Quote:
Originally Posted by AGray View Post
So based on this assumption would this be her remaining months x line rental? So probably about 10 months worth of £80?
No, I think they have a cap on the penalty of around £240.
Old 16-02-2016, 18:34   #6
AGray
Inactive

I did speak to Virgin while i was there just to be absolutely certain.

Seem to have come to some provisional agreement up to now.

The intention when she moved in was that in her bedroom she would have TIVO multiroom, and purchase the movie channels (Which we don't have).

They had a think about potential ways of doing this - and came up with this plan:
MiL brings her "account" into our property as a separate account, but pays the minimalist charge of £15 per month for the TV service. They will sort out installation free of charge also.

They said that on MY account, i need to add a service (Don't know why?) but it worked out perfectly because the movie channels were going to be added on anyway. Her contract will last the remaining period of 9 months before we can wrap it all up.

The person did say she was going to email me, because i imagine this is a quite complex issue in terms of coming to this agreement, but not received the email yet, sure it will come though.
Old 16-02-2016, 19:30   #7
RobboEdin
cf.mega poster

I didn't think it was possible to have two accounts at the same address?
Old 16-02-2016, 20:38   #8
jb66
cf.mega poster

jb66 has a bronze arrayjb66 has a bronze arrayjb66 has a bronze array
jb66 has a bronze arrayjb66 has a bronze arrayjb66 has a bronze arrayjb66 has a bronze arrayjb66 has a bronze arrayjb66 has a bronze arrayjb66 has a bronze arrayjb66 has a bronze arrayjb66 has a bronze array

You can
jb66 is offline   Reply With Quote