Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Power level check please - disconnecting a lot

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin Media Internet Service
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Power level check please - disconnecting a lot

Old 14-02-2016, 08:34   #1
GazCBG
cf.mega poster

Services: 350Mb (Hub 3) | TV: 2x TiVo on XL | Phone
GazCBG is a jewel in the roughGazCBG is a jewel in the roughGazCBG is a jewel in the roughGazCBG is a jewel in the roughGazCBG is a jewel in the rough
Power level check please - disconnecting a lot

Hi,

Could someone check my power levels as I am getting disconnection issues and have a tech coming tomorrow.

Lots of T3 errors, it started yestarday about 10am and dropped a further 10-15 yestarday, and so far today it dropped a further 6 times

The tech on the phone said my powerlevels were not right.

I have attached the images, as I took them n my iPad.

Thanks
Attached Images
File Type: png image.png (92.3 KB, 36 views)
GazCBG is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 14-02-2016, 08:35   #2
GazCBG
cf.mega poster

GazCBG is a jewel in the roughGazCBG is a jewel in the roughGazCBG is a jewel in the roughGazCBG is a jewel in the roughGazCBG is a jewel in the rough
Re: Power level check please - disconnecting a lot

Had to do 2 post as it would not let my iPad upload 2 images
Attached Images
File Type: png image.png (76.5 KB, 29 views)
Old 14-02-2016, 11:52   #3
Sephiroth
Sulking in the Corner

Services: 1 Gbps; Hub 4 MM; ASUS RT-AX88U; Ultimate VOLT. BT Infinity2; Devolo 1200AV
Sephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny star
Sephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny star

The downstream stats are OK.

Whilst the upstream stats look OK, the modulation is 32QAM. It means that the upstream is too noisy to sustain 64QAM. The disconnects could be occurring during modulation adjustments, which a snapshot doesn't reveal.

The technician can't do anything about the upstream and would need to have the issue referred to Networks. It would help your case if you could find out whether any neighbours are similarly afflicted.

My advice is at your risk.
Sephiroth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-02-2016, 12:29   #4
GazCBG
cf.mega poster

In the network logs I have a whole page of:
Unicast Ranging Received Abort Response - initializing MAC

Yestarday T3 errors on both upstream channels went into 100+.

I have also been seeing a load of Pre RS Errors on all downstream channel medium to high millions (takes a max of 3 days to get there).

At the moment the internet has been ok for about 4hrs so far.

I have also been see, a drop out once a day around 12-2pm, for the last week.

This has been the stats of the connection from Saturday (13th Feb)

Old 14-02-2016, 12:57   #5
Sephiroth
Sulking in the Corner

Services: 1 Gbps; Hub 4 MM; ASUS RT-AX88U; Ultimate VOLT. BT Infinity2; Devolo 1200AV
Sephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny star
Sephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny star

The pre-RS errors are normal for the 35dB noise level in your downstream, which is still within range. They are corrected in flight with no detriment to speed. It's a build up of Post-RS errors that would be detrimental.

The T3 events are consistent with what I said earlier, the upstream is misbehaving.

My advice is at your risk.
Sephiroth is offline   Reply With Quote