Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | No Internet in Worthing

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin Media Internet Service

No Internet in Worthing

Old 18-02-2016, 20:31   #16
Off the Bit
Inactive

Off the Bit is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: No Internet in Worthing

Thanks all for your replies.

It could be a coincidence and equipment gone faulty at same time as main outage. My broadband has been down completely, my TV lets me watch channels but there's no on demand now and the EPG isn't updating, phone line is fine. It could be that TiVo and router have both gone at same time, I'm thinking maybe it's the cable itself, but then I don't know what I'm taking about and that's just a guess.

Anyway I will hopefully find out tomorrow (and have it sorted out).

In case it's not clear, Virgin aren't my favourite people at the moment, not helped by the man I spoke to last night booking the wrong timeslot on their system. Web-chatted it to the right slot while at work this afternoon, so hopefully they'll turn up at the right time now.
Off the Bit is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 18-02-2016, 20:40   #17
heero_yuy
Perfect Soldier

Services: VM 500M SH3 thingy in modem mode XL TV V6 Sony Bravia smart TV and M phone
heero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered stars
heero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered stars

TIVO and router (Broadband) use the same co-ax cable link, just different frequency ranges.
Old 19-02-2016, 15:28   #18
Off the Bit
Inactive

Off the Bit is an unknown quantity at this point

Right, all working again now. Only been 17 days, but anyway. The technician was very helpful and sorted things out quickly. Apparently my TiVo had broken at the same time as a fault developing in the box down the road simultaneously with the wider area fault.

I had to contact Virgin again this morning because they still had me booked in the wrong timeslot, despite them promising they'd corrected it when I spoke to them yesterday.

All sorted at least for now. 10/10 for engineer, 0/10 for general customer support, so I guess Virgin are 5/10 overall for me at the moment. Hopefully I don't have to phone them again for a while!
Off the Bit is offline   Reply With Quote