Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Can You Trust what Virgin Media Customer Services Tell you?

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin Media TV Service
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Can You Trust what Virgin Media Customer Services Tell you?

Old 08-02-2016, 10:58   #1
telegramsam
telegramsam

Services: Sky Q,Multiscreen, Sky phone line, Sky broadband,Free view.
telegramsam has a brilliant futuretelegramsam has a brilliant futuretelegramsam has a brilliant futuretelegramsam has a brilliant futuretelegramsam has a brilliant futuretelegramsam has a brilliant futuretelegramsam has a brilliant futuretelegramsam has a brilliant futuretelegramsam has a brilliant futuretelegramsam has a brilliant futuretelegramsam has a brilliant futuretelegramsam has a brilliant future
Can You Trust what Virgin Media Customer Services Tell you?

My partner looks after a disabled man and he fell behind with his bill and his services were suspended. My partner phoned Virgin media and explained his situation,told them he was disabled and had no other way of passing the time except watching the sports channels. The guy at customer services said if he could pay some of the bill now and agree to pay the rest next week they`d re-connect him. so he payed £60 and agreed to pay the rest next Friday and thursday of the following week. His services were then re-connected.
The next day my partner went to see him and was horrified to hear they had disconnected again. The poor man was really upset about it. My partner got on the phone to customer services to complain. The guy she spoke to said he`d have to pay another £15 to get connected again. As he`d already given Virgin his last bit of money he was unable to do this. A bit later on my partner phoned again to speak to them only to be told he would need to pay £45! Someone is lying as far as we can see. How can virgin treat a poor old disabled guy like this? Yes I know he should make sure he pays his bill on time and be up to date but we`re talking about a man who is elderly and unable to do much for himself.
I do think virgin should be more understanding and sympathetic towards their customers,especially loyal ones who have been with them for years. He is now thinking very seriously about leaving virgin and joining sky. I hope he does
telegramsam is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 08-02-2016, 11:59   #2
hedgie
cf.geek

Services: Phone, 360 + two mini boxes, Hub 5.
hedgie is a glorious beacon of lighthedgie is a glorious beacon of lighthedgie is a glorious beacon of lighthedgie is a glorious beacon of lighthedgie is a glorious beacon of lighthedgie is a glorious beacon of lighthedgie is a glorious beacon of light
Re: Can You Trust what Virgin Media Customer Services Tell you?

When they say calls are recorded for quality and monitoring purposes I would try to the following.

1-Ask them for a copy of the call recording
2-Tell them you are making a copy of the call
3-Ask them to write confirming the notes on the file
4-Before the call finishes make sure you restate to them in your own words what you think has been agreed.

I genuinely believe that the folks intend to do the right thing, but I suspect the system breaks down between teams for example billing, Customer Service and disconnections.

I don't trust what is being said, but in general I like to believe this is down to shoddy systems and lax procedures rather than a plan to mislead.

Doesn't really help in your situation though..

Sorry
hedgie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2016, 12:06   #3
telegramsam
telegramsam

telegramsam has a brilliant futuretelegramsam has a brilliant futuretelegramsam has a brilliant futuretelegramsam has a brilliant futuretelegramsam has a brilliant futuretelegramsam has a brilliant futuretelegramsam has a brilliant futuretelegramsam has a brilliant futuretelegramsam has a brilliant futuretelegramsam has a brilliant futuretelegramsam has a brilliant futuretelegramsam has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by hedgie View Post
When they say calls are recorded for quality and monitoring purposes I would try to the following.

1-Ask them for a copy of the call recording
2-Tell them you are making a copy of the call
3-Ask them to write confirming the notes on the file
4-Before the call finishes make sure you restate to them in your own words what you think has been agreed.

I genuinely believe that the folks intend to do the right thing, but I suspect the system breaks down between teams for example billing, Customer Service and disconnections.

I don't trust what is being said, but in general I like to believe this is down to shoddy systems and lax procedures rather than a plan to mislead.

Doesn't really help in your situation though..

Sorry
Yes I can appreciate the system breaks down between teams but as you say it doesn`t help this poor gentlemans situation. My partner is now waiting for a call from someone more senior i believe but it`s unlikely he will stay with virgin for much longer after this.
Old 14-02-2016, 16:45   #4
johnathome
cf.geek

Services: 125Mb VM BB. Prime, XBMC. Paramount+, Netflix, D+
johnathome is a name known to alljohnathome is a name known to alljohnathome is a name known to alljohnathome is a name known to alljohnathome is a name known to alljohnathome is a name known to alljohnathome is a name known to alljohnathome is a name known to all

Did the 'someone more senior' ever call?
johnathome is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-02-2016, 10:26   #5
telegramsam
telegramsam

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnathome View Post
Did the 'someone more senior' ever call?
No there was no call. He did however get a letter in the post telling him he was behind with his bill and it was a good idea to pay at least some of it to avoid having his services restricted! I believe he is now leaving Virgin and getting broadband elsewhere and a Now TV box with a Sky Sports monthly pass. From what i can see he will be paying the same amount for Sky Sports as he was with virgin? £31.99 a month.