Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Virgin TV Awards

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin Media TV Service

Virgin TV Awards

Old 05-02-2016, 20:13   #1
Superblade7
cf.geek

Services: Sky Q 2TB & Sky Q Mini (Box Sets with Cinema & Sports HD) with VM VIVID 100Mbps Broadband & M Phone
Superblade7 has a reputation beyond reputeSuperblade7 has a reputation beyond reputeSuperblade7 has a reputation beyond reputeSuperblade7 has a reputation beyond reputeSuperblade7 has a reputation beyond reputeSuperblade7 has a reputation beyond reputeSuperblade7 has a reputation beyond reputeSuperblade7 has a reputation beyond reputeSuperblade7 has a reputation beyond reputeSuperblade7 has a reputation beyond reputeSuperblade7 has a reputation beyond reputeSuperblade7 has a reputation beyond reputeSuperblade7 has a reputation beyond repute
Virgin TV Awards

Evening all,

Just went onto the VM website and was interested to see this article (https://my.virginmedia.com/customer-...s/uswitch.html) stating Virgin Media have won the uSwitch awards for both 'Best TV Content' and 'Best TV Provider' for 2016.

The thing that struck me is that VM was the only pay TV company to have lost customers during the last quarter yet are winning the awards above.

I guess it depends on who was casting the votes but would this suggest that the main factor in people's decisions on pay TV is price and it's Virgin's multiple annual price rises that are to blame for the loss of TV customers? I know that was my main reason for switching to Sky along with the advantage of gaining Sky Atlantic and Universal HD.

Regardless of the above, congratulations to Virgin Media on the six awards.
Superblade7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 05-02-2016, 20:18   #2
OLD BOY
Rise above the players

Services: 2 V6 boxes with 360 software, Now, ITVX, Amazon, Netflix, Lionsgate+, Apple+, Disney+, Paramount +,
OLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronze
OLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronze
Re: Virgin TV Awards

Quote:
Originally Posted by Superblade7 View Post
Evening all,

Just went onto the VM website and was interested to see this article (https://my.virginmedia.com/customer-...s/uswitch.html) stating Virgin Media have won the uSwitch awards for both 'Best TV Content' and 'Best TV Provider' for 2016.

The thing that struck me is that VM was the only pay TV company to have lost customers during the last quarter yet are winning the awards above.

I guess it depends on who was casting the votes but would this suggest that the main factor in people's decisions on pay TV is price and it's Virgin's multiple annual price rises that are to blame for the loss of TV customers? I know that was my main reason for switching to Sky along with the advantage of gaining Sky Atlantic and Universal HD.

Regardless of the above, congratulations to Virgin Media on the six awards.
It's incredible that anyone should think that VM has the best content when it cannot offer the superior US dramas featured on Sky Atlantic.

Maybe it was the presence of Netflix on the Tivo that clinched it...
OLD BOY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2016, 20:23   #3
muppetman11
cf.mega poster

muppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny stars
muppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by OLD BOY View Post
It's incredible that anyone should think that VM has the best content when it cannot offer the superior US dramas featured on Sky Atlantic.

Maybe it was the presence of Netflix on the Tivo that clinched it...
It's not all about Dramas and Sky Atlantic , have you ever thought that VM's XL bundle includes BT Sport and in HD something that costs a small fortune on Sky it also doesn't require you to change your BB to BT.

Everyone has different requirements that's why choice is a good thing , no one platform will suit every customer.
muppetman11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2016, 22:17   #4
Arthurgray50@blu
cf.mega poster

Arthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appeal
Arthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appeal

I would go back to Sky, tomorrow. If l had the chance tomorrow. To me VM cannot justify to me why they have increased prices, so much.

At least with Sky, you get what you pay for. With VM, they dictate, what you watch.

I think they increased prices last year to compensate for 'Free' BT Sport.
Arthurgray50@blu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2016, 23:07   #5
OLD BOY
Rise above the players

Services: 2 V6 boxes with 360 software, Now, ITVX, Amazon, Netflix, Lionsgate+, Apple+, Disney+, Paramount +,
OLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronze
OLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronze

Quote:
Originally Posted by muppetman11 View Post
It's not all about Dramas and Sky Atlantic , have you ever thought that VM's XL bundle includes BT Sport and in HD something that costs a small fortune on Sky it also doesn't require you to change your BB to BT.
I know, but at least you can access BT Sport on Sky. It may cost you more, but it's there.

If we had Sky Atlantic on VM, it would cost more than Sky customers pay, but at least we would have it.

---------- Post added at 23:07 ---------- Previous post was at 23:05 ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arthurgray50@blu View Post
I would go back to Sky, tomorrow. If l had the chance tomorrow. To me VM cannot justify to me why they have increased prices, so much.

At least with Sky, you get what you pay for. With VM, they dictate, what you watch.

I think they increased prices last year to compensate for 'Free' BT Sport.
But Arthur, you ditched cable for Sky a while ago, then you realised you made a mistake and bounced back to Virgin in a heartbeat. What happened?
OLD BOY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2016, 07:45   #6
Superblade7
cf.geek

Services: Sky Q 2TB & Sky Q Mini (Box Sets with Cinema & Sports HD) with VM VIVID 100Mbps Broadband & M Phone
Superblade7 has a reputation beyond reputeSuperblade7 has a reputation beyond reputeSuperblade7 has a reputation beyond reputeSuperblade7 has a reputation beyond reputeSuperblade7 has a reputation beyond reputeSuperblade7 has a reputation beyond reputeSuperblade7 has a reputation beyond reputeSuperblade7 has a reputation beyond reputeSuperblade7 has a reputation beyond reputeSuperblade7 has a reputation beyond reputeSuperblade7 has a reputation beyond reputeSuperblade7 has a reputation beyond reputeSuperblade7 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by muppetman11 View Post

Everyone has different requirements that's why choice is a good thing , no one platform will suit every customer.
You don't necessarily have to switch your broadband to BT muppetman. With a bit of negotiation and the various deals out there I've got the full Sky TV pack, full BT sport pack with HD and VM BB and phone all for less than I was paying VM for the Big Kahuna bundle.

However I do completely agree with your second comment as choice is a great thing as we all prefer different options to get our entertainment.
Old 06-02-2016, 09:16   #7
muppetman11
cf.mega poster

muppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny stars
muppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by Superblade7 View Post
You don't necessarily have to switch your broadband to BT muppetman. With a bit of negotiation and the various deals out there I've got the full Sky TV pack, full BT sport pack with HD and VM BB and phone all for less than I was paying VM for the Big Kahuna bundle.

However I do completely agree with your second comment as choice is a great thing as we all prefer different options to get our entertainment.
You are correct however for obvious reasons BT make it cheaper and easier if you take their own BB.

As you say it's personal choice , from my personal choice I'd choose Sky everyday because we use the Sky Boxsets regularly even more so now you don't have to mess downloading each individual episode.

VM need to improve its On Demand before I'd consider going back , in my opinion Sky has a better choice of Catch up with most in HD , superior choice of Boxsets and the whole On Demand system is far easier to navigate.
muppetman11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2016, 09:39   #8
yorkshireborn
Inactive

Services: SkyQ silver 2TB SkyQ mini multiroom Boxset skysports HD skymovies HD Virgin vivid 350meg
yorkshireborn has a spectacular aura about themyorkshireborn has a spectacular aura about themyorkshireborn has a spectacular aura about themyorkshireborn has a spectacular aura about them

I can go along with 4 of the awards but sorry best content how the heck did they win that there on demand is very poor sky wins that hands down yes maybe 5 or 6 years ago yes VM would have won but not now.
yorkshireborn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2016, 09:44   #9
Superblade7
cf.geek

I'd completely agree with you about Sky's VOD muppetman. I thought I'd miss the 3rd tuner on the TiVo but haven't at all due to the simplicity of Sky's VOD. I also like the fact that you download the VOD content on Sky and it's then stored in your planner to watch when you want. I remember a number of occasions with VM's streaming VOD when I tried to watch it and the network was too busy so I kept getting error messages saying it was unavailable.

So whilst I'd never rule out returning to VM for TV as I had many happy years with them, it would have to be an extremely good deal as like you I much prefer Sky's TV offering in terms of usability and content.

With BT entering the TV market and the onslaught from streaming services, the pay TV market has become very interesting over the last couple of years and the choices and deals are out there for the savvy consumer.