Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Virgin Media Business 300Mb announced

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin Media News Discussion
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Virgin Media Business 300Mb announced

Old 10-02-2016, 17:40   #46
MUD_Wizard
Inactive

MUD_Wizard is a splendid one to beholdMUD_Wizard is a splendid one to beholdMUD_Wizard is a splendid one to beholdMUD_Wizard is a splendid one to beholdMUD_Wizard is a splendid one to beholdMUD_Wizard is a splendid one to beholdMUD_Wizard is a splendid one to beholdMUD_Wizard is a splendid one to beholdMUD_Wizard is a splendid one to behold
Re: Virgin Media Business 300Mb announced

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ignitionnet View Post
Post speed tests showing off that you have 300Mb and win Internet points.
Why would someone want to do something lame like that.

MUD_Wizard is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 10-02-2016, 18:11   #47
heero_yuy
Perfect Soldier

Services: VM 500M SH3 thingy in modem mode XL TV V6 Sony Bravia smart TV and M phone
heero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered stars
heero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered stars

I suspect that they think it enhances their manhood. In reality I think it's an inverse relationship.
Old 10-02-2016, 21:12   #48
alanbjames
R.I.P.

Services: XL Phone, XXXL Gig1 BB SH4 (wired).
alanbjames is just so famous around these partsalanbjames is just so famous around these partsalanbjames is just so famous around these partsalanbjames is just so famous around these partsalanbjames is just so famous around these partsalanbjames is just so famous around these partsalanbjames is just so famous around these partsalanbjames is just so famous around these partsalanbjames is just so famous around these partsalanbjames is just so famous around these partsalanbjames is just so famous around these partsalanbjames is just so famous around these partsalanbjames is just so famous around these partsalanbjames is just so famous around these partsalanbjames is just so famous around these parts

I just want an increase in upload so i can start using the cloud more but the fact it takes so long to back things up is why i went the NAS route instead.
alanbjames is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2016, 22:47   #49
Ignitionnet
Inactive

Ignitionnet has a pair of shiny starsIgnitionnet has a pair of shiny starsIgnitionnet has a pair of shiny starsIgnitionnet has a pair of shiny starsIgnitionnet has a pair of shiny stars
Ignitionnet has a pair of shiny starsIgnitionnet has a pair of shiny starsIgnitionnet has a pair of shiny starsIgnitionnet has a pair of shiny starsIgnitionnet has a pair of shiny starsIgnitionnet has a pair of shiny starsIgnitionnet has a pair of shiny starsIgnitionnet has a pair of shiny starsIgnitionnet has a pair of shiny starsIgnitionnet has a pair of shiny stars

I'm not sure going from 12Mb to 15Mb will feel that different.

The 20 I have still makes me more inclined to use local storage.
Ignitionnet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-02-2016, 16:25   #50
23prince
Inactive

23prince is an unknown quantity at this point

Yes I get about 1.8MB/sec upload. Hardly ground breaking.

If someone takes out 300 in an area which can support it but they get lame speeds, is it tough?
23prince is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-02-2016, 22:19   #51
Kushan
FORMER Virgin Media Staff

Kushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appeal
Kushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appeal

Quote:
Originally Posted by 23prince View Post
Yes I get about 1.8MB/sec upload. Hardly ground breaking.

If someone takes out 300 in an area which can support it but they get lame speeds, is it tough?
That's the correct upload speed for the 300Mbit service.
Kushan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-02-2016, 13:35   #52
23prince
Inactive

I am not on the 300MB service I am on 80/20 FTTC. I meant if someone goes for the 300 but only gets say 50 in the day. What happens then?
Old 18-02-2016, 14:38   #53
Synthetic
cf.geek

Synthetic is a name known to allSynthetic is a name known to allSynthetic is a name known to allSynthetic is a name known to allSynthetic is a name known to allSynthetic is a name known to allSynthetic is a name known to allSynthetic is a name known to all

I think business users get higher priority than residential?.... Someone feel free to correct me though, I can't find where I read that now.
Synthetic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-02-2016, 15:39   #54
23prince
Inactive

I would also like to know. I didn't get that impression when I spoke to someone. Maybe Mr MUD can tell us seeing as he has it? (or seems like he has)
Old 18-02-2016, 19:41   #55
Sephiroth
Sulking in the Corner

Services: 1 Gbps; Hub 4 MM; ASUS RT-AX88U; Ultimate VOLT. BT Infinity2; Devolo 1200AV
Sephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny star
Sephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny star

A birdie told me that VM let us think that QoS is applied to the business service over residential infrastructure. In reality, the birdie said, that is not the case and business users take their chances with the residential users.

The birdie also told me that the peak evening time throttling doesn't occur either and the splurge is weasel worded to induce people into thinking they face penalties if the go mega-downloading in the evening.

My advice is at your risk.
Sephiroth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-02-2016, 20:34   #56
23prince
Inactive

Well, all that's done is reaffirm that I need to scrap the idea of wanting that and replace them with FTTC for my backup. I will lose resilience but then again I will gain a decent connection for FTP which I don't have right now

I've told them FTP and single thread downloads are a mess for not just me. See if they do anything about it.

Thanks Seph for that info.
Old 22-02-2016, 12:57   #57
Synthetic
cf.geek

Synthetic is a name known to allSynthetic is a name known to allSynthetic is a name known to allSynthetic is a name known to allSynthetic is a name known to allSynthetic is a name known to allSynthetic is a name known to allSynthetic is a name known to all

Cheers Seph (and your birdie )

I've not noticed any throttling on torrents in the evening, or any time for that matter. Seem to be able to max out our 200meg whenever, even on torrents.
Old 22-02-2016, 19:22   #58
23prince
Inactive

Is that business 200? Or res 200?
Old 23-02-2016, 14:15   #59
Synthetic
cf.geek

Mine is residential, could be because there's no congestion in my area.

I've definitely just jinxed myself now though haha *touch wood*