Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Who to complain to next?

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin Media Internet Service
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Who to complain to next?

Old 05-01-2016, 09:13   #16
hedgie
cf.geek

Services: Phone, 360 + two mini boxes, Hub 5.
hedgie is a glorious beacon of lighthedgie is a glorious beacon of lighthedgie is a glorious beacon of lighthedgie is a glorious beacon of lighthedgie is a glorious beacon of lighthedgie is a glorious beacon of lighthedgie is a glorious beacon of light
Re: Who to complain to next?

Quote:
Originally Posted by muppetman11 View Post
I had horrific issues with congestion on VM , I'm going back a while as I think it was 30mb speed we where on or should I say supposed to be on.

Not sure I'd ever come back to VM if I'm honest , whilst my BT Infinity 2 can't offer the headline speeds VM do it consistently provides me a great service day and night.

http://www.speedtest.net/my-result/i/1494909376
I am suffering signifcant congestion in WA5 postcode with no info at all from VM as to when it will be fixed, despite constant high profile local advertising for 200Mb !

I am seriously thinking of sacking off VM, if i can get out of my contract and go with BT. We have a household of six, four teenagers, and the variability sucks, when it drops below 10Mb. I do like TiVO though.....

Will let you know what my latest letter to the CEO team gets in the way of a reply......
hedgie is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 08-01-2016, 14:29   #17
hedgie
cf.geek

Services: Phone, 360 + two mini boxes, Hub 5.
hedgie is a glorious beacon of lighthedgie is a glorious beacon of lighthedgie is a glorious beacon of lighthedgie is a glorious beacon of lighthedgie is a glorious beacon of lighthedgie is a glorious beacon of lighthedgie is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by hedgie View Post
I am suffering signifcant congestion in WA5 postcode with no info at all from VM as to when it will be fixed, despite constant high profile local advertising for 200Mb !

I am seriously thinking of sacking off VM, if i can get out of my contract and go with BT. We have a household of six, four teenagers, and the variability sucks, when it drops below 10Mb. I do like TiVO though.....

Will let you know what my latest letter to the CEO team gets in the way of a reply......
OK CEO team have got back to me. The fault for the WA5 postcode congestion has been put back from January to May

No rational explanation as to why or who is responsible for the programme slippage.

The ONLY slight positive is that the CEO team have applied a rolling discount to my account to be automatically refereshed until the fault is cleared. This is something the helpdesk said was not possible.

I am still annoyed that although VM ackonowledge they can't supply the service as per their contract I am still bound by the 2 year contract penalty as TiVO and my Land Line are working fine.

They claim that they will unbundle my services and allow me to go to BT for broadband if its not fixed by May but they wont let me walk away from from the TV or landline elements of my contract.....

There was me thinking it was an all inclusive package...

I suppose its a bit like VW saying dont worry about emissions, the seatbelts and radio work fine on your car.

Overall not impressed.

Lets see what May brings...
hedgie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2016, 11:39   #18
ianch99
cf.mega poster

ianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze array
ianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze array

Well ... after peak time slowdowns like this :

and this:

this outage happened:

and since then we have these graphs:

and good peak time speeds in the evening:

Please don't let them take it away ..
Old 07-02-2016, 11:45   #19
Hugh
laeva recumbens anguis
Cable Forum Team

Services: Premiere Collection
Hugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden aura
Hugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden aura

Pleased it seems to be working (finally) for you.
If my post is in bold and this colour, it's a Moderator Request.
Hugh is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2016, 20:35   #20
Ignitionnet
Inactive

Ignitionnet has a pair of shiny starsIgnitionnet has a pair of shiny starsIgnitionnet has a pair of shiny starsIgnitionnet has a pair of shiny starsIgnitionnet has a pair of shiny stars
Ignitionnet has a pair of shiny starsIgnitionnet has a pair of shiny starsIgnitionnet has a pair of shiny starsIgnitionnet has a pair of shiny starsIgnitionnet has a pair of shiny starsIgnitionnet has a pair of shiny starsIgnitionnet has a pair of shiny starsIgnitionnet has a pair of shiny starsIgnitionnet has a pair of shiny starsIgnitionnet has a pair of shiny stars

EDIT: Never mind, me being dense. You're still on CMTS 15, there was a resegmentation so you're sharing the bandwidth with fewer people.

I think Southampton has more Arris CMTS there now, there's a CMTS 16 and 17, both E6ks, to go alongside 14 and 15, also E6ks. 14 and 15 were installed together, 16 and 17 installed later.
Ignitionnet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2016, 23:11   #21
ianch99
cf.mega poster

ianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze array
ianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze array

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ignitionnet View Post
EDIT: Never mind, me being dense. You're still on CMTS 15, there was a resegmentation so you're sharing the bandwidth with fewer people.

I think Southampton has more Arris CMTS there now, there's a CMTS 16 and 17, both E6ks, to go alongside 14 and 15, also E6ks. 14 and 15 were installed together, 16 and 17 installed later.
Thanks for the update. Fingers crossed this resegmentation will keep speeds ok for a decent period of time ..

Sort of a serendipity moment as when I was discussing the impact of the Hub 3.0 rollout on congested segments, this happens