Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Email forwarding stopped working...

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin Media Internet Service > Webspace, E-Mail & Browsing Issues
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Email forwarding stopped working...

Old 29-11-2015, 16:33   #1
Wallace
cf.addict

Services: VM 200M
Wallace is on a distinguished roadWallace is on a distinguished road
Question Email forwarding stopped working...

I have several ntlworld and virginmedia email accounts. They are all set up to forward to my Apple email account.

Today, I realised that I was not receiving any forwarded mail on my iPhone.

I also used Thunderbird on my PC and the mail (POP) is being delivered there so I know I do have mail that should be forwarded.

I have logged in directly via the Web to my email account and checked that forwarding is still active in the settings for each account and it is.

Any one else having issues like this?

I haven't had any such problems before the changeover from Google, it has happened since.
Wallace is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 29-11-2015, 16:41   #2
Stephen
Bah Humbug!!

Services: Sky Q 2Tb, Sky Q mini, boxsets and Sports & Movies HD, Sky Fibre unlimited
Stephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny star
Stephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny star
Re: Email forwarding stopped working...

Nope, forwarding still working ok here.
Old 29-11-2015, 17:22   #3
Wallace
cf.addict

I now don't think it is anything to do with VM.

I have tried with my Hotmail account and that's not getting forwarded either.

Strange as my icloud email address is working. I can send an email directly to it and received it OK. I'm just not getting any mail that has been forwarded no matter where it originates.

Apple's service status shows all green so, on the face of it, all is well there.

Weird, and frustrating.

Could someone with an iCloud account just test to see if it's working for them? That would be very helpful not to mention appreciated!
Old 29-11-2015, 18:09   #4
raging bull
cf.geek

Services: Tivo V6 - L TV/XL Phone /200Mb BB
raging bull has a fine set of Quadsraging bull has a fine set of Quadsraging bull has a fine set of Quadsraging bull has a fine set of Quadsraging bull has a fine set of Quadsraging bull has a fine set of Quadsraging bull has a fine set of Quadsraging bull has a fine set of Quadsraging bull has a fine set of Quadsraging bull has a fine set of Quadsraging bull has a fine set of Quadsraging bull has a fine set of Quadsraging bull has a fine set of Quadsraging bull has a fine set of Quads

My Hotmail account like wise not linking with ntlworld?
Maybe a resync is required.
raging bull is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-11-2015, 19:32   #5
Wallace
cf.addict

This is strange.

After your reply, I decided to change the email address my messages were forwarded to from my iCloud account to my Google mail account. I have set up email forwarding from my Google mail account to my iCloud address, if you follow me?

It works!

So my messages now get bounced from VM to Google then to iCloud. Not perfect but it works.

FWIW, I tested the iCloud address again after I had successfully tried Google mail to see if re-entering the details cured the issue, it didn't.