Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Captain America: Civil War

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Entertainment > Film & Cinema
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Captain America: Civil War

Old 25-11-2015, 20:43   #1
adzii_nufc
Rafalution

adzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appeal
adzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appeal
Captain America: Civil War

First trailer:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uVdV...ature=youtu.be

For those out of the loop of what story this follows, here is my brief summary:
(MCU version and not the comic in which it is based)

After the destruction in Age of Ultron, and the subsequent return and recruitment of the Winter Soldier (Bucky Barnes) a super hero registration act is proposed (the Sokovia Accords are called: Framework for the REGISTRATION and Deployment of Enhanced Individuals)

The MCU has used the Sokovia incident in Age of Ultron as well as Bucky Barnes being the Winter Soldier and basically a former Hydra merc as seen in Cap: Winter Soldier.

Captain America refuses the agreement, Tony Stark supports it. Leading to an Avengers vs Avengers angle and thus Civil War.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

It looks absolutely awesome and much better than Age of Ultron which I feel was ruined by a poor story and failure to take advantage of the things they had to work with.

That end fight sequence between Stark, Cap and Bucky is showing the choreography from Winter Soldier is returning which is only ever great news. They're quickly turning the Captain America movies into the best of the MCU.

Spider Man will make a cameo appearance in this and we'll either get a lead in to Infinity War or Ragnarok in which Thor and Hulk will appear.
Old 25-11-2015, 23:23   #2
Stephen
Bah Humbug!!

Services: Sky Q 2Tb, Sky Q mini, boxsets and Sports & Movies HD, Sky Fibre unlimited
Stephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny star
Stephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny star
Re: Captain America: Civil War

Yeah the trailer was posted in the general Sci-Fi thread earlier.

Really looks good.
Old 26-11-2015, 18:46   #3
Pierre
The Dark Satanic Mills

Pierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny stars
Pierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny stars

All going a bit darker.
Old 26-11-2015, 20:02   #4
Kabaal
Haggis Hunting

Kabaal has a fine set of QuadsKabaal has a fine set of QuadsKabaal has a fine set of QuadsKabaal has a fine set of QuadsKabaal has a fine set of QuadsKabaal has a fine set of QuadsKabaal has a fine set of QuadsKabaal has a fine set of QuadsKabaal has a fine set of QuadsKabaal has a fine set of QuadsKabaal has a fine set of QuadsKabaal has a fine set of QuadsKabaal has a fine set of QuadsKabaal has a fine set of Quads

Maybe it's just me but i don't want to see heroes fighting heroes.
Kabaal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-11-2015, 20:47   #5
adzii_nufc
Rafalution

adzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appeal
adzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appeal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kabaal View Post
Maybe it's just me but i don't want to see heroes fighting heroes.
I see your point, although I'm not too fussed on it. It's been set up in way that differs from the source material, the movie is focused on you being torn between the two sides and leaving you unable to distinguish the good guys from the bad guys. In the MCU it appears both sides make fair points for their side of the fight.

They'd been wanting to do this for a while anyway, a lot of the Marvel source material often pits heroes against villains.

Just so happens out of all the material they had, this was the biggest and most well received comic.

This and Suicide Squad in the same year though