Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Swapping V+ for Tivo

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin Media TV Service

Swapping V+ for Tivo

Old 23-12-2015, 23:59   #61
spiderplant
cf.mega poster

spiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny stars
spiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny stars
Re: Swapping V+ for Tivo

Glad it is resolved. You can self-install a second TiVo, and it shouldn't affect the existing one.

Temporarily disconnecting a TiVo is fine. It'll just take a few hours to get the guide back up to date after reconnection. But you may well have difficulty getting it to work while it's not connected to the cable. Could you move your PC instead?
spiderplant is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 24-12-2015, 00:30   #62
trevrpb
WeatherManTrev

Services: ultimate oomph bundle M500
trevrpb is just really nicetrevrpb is just really nicetrevrpb is just really nicetrevrpb is just really nicetrevrpb is just really nicetrevrpb is just really nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by spiderplant View Post
Glad it is resolved. You can self-install a second TiVo, and it shouldn't affect the existing one.

Temporarily disconnecting a TiVo is fine. It'll just take a few hours to get the guide back up to date after reconnection. But you may well have difficulty getting it to work while it's not connected to the cable. Could you move your PC instead?
Hi Spider,

Can't move PC for various reasons. I don't need to powerdown the Tivo, I can leave it connected, just would not be able to have connected to network. If this is likely to be an issue, I suppose i can run a temporary cable from the Virgin feed to the other room (currently where the V+ box is).

Thanks for the replies Spider, appreciated

TrevP
trevrpb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-12-2015, 09:22   #63
spiderplant
cf.mega poster

spiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny stars
spiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by trevrpb View Post
I don't need to powerdown the Tivo, I can leave it connected
Ok, you should get away with that
spiderplant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-12-2015, 14:35   #64
trevrpb
WeatherManTrev

Services: ultimate oomph bundle M500
trevrpb is just really nicetrevrpb is just really nicetrevrpb is just really nicetrevrpb is just really nicetrevrpb is just really nicetrevrpb is just really nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by spiderplant View Post
Ok, you should get away with that
Cheers
trevrpb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-04-2016, 18:24   #65
RichardCoulter
cf.mega poster

RichardCoulter has disabled reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by jb66 View Post
Infact why build any 500gb Tivos, why not make all new Tivos 1TB
They were all 1TB at first, then shortly afterwards they introduced the 'Baby TiVo' with 500gb.

Quote:
Originally Posted by passingbat View Post
Facetious answer with no evidence at all to support it:

They're brining out a new box with at least a 2TB hard drive, and they figure that they will have a lot of original 1TB Tivos going spare

You made this post towards the end of last year and I do think that your speculation turned out to be correct.

When I changed over to TiVo a few weeks back I had no trouble at all in insisting that I got a 1TB instead of a Baby TiVo at no extra cost.
RichardCoulter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-04-2016, 15:42   #66
VirginMediaPhil
cf.addict

Services: 2x TiVo
VirginMediaPhil has much to be proud ofVirginMediaPhil has much to be proud ofVirginMediaPhil has much to be proud ofVirginMediaPhil has much to be proud ofVirginMediaPhil has much to be proud ofVirginMediaPhil has much to be proud ofVirginMediaPhil has much to be proud ofVirginMediaPhil has much to be proud ofVirginMediaPhil has much to be proud ofVirginMediaPhil has much to be proud of

Just got the call to swap my secondary V+ box for a TiVo, that I've had since first got TiVo installed back in 2011 and was able to move it into a second room for free. Was told that the V+ boxes will all be redundant by the end of the year. Not bad for something I've been using for ten years (TVDrive with Telewest, lasted four years then replacement V+ that's lasted six years). Finally time to say goodbye to the old software that's been around since I joined in 2002.
VirginMediaPhil is offline   Reply With Quote