Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Just got the SuperHub 3

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin Media Internet Service

Just got the SuperHub 3

Old 24-02-2016, 17:24   #301
MUD_Wizard
Inactive

MUD_Wizard is a splendid one to beholdMUD_Wizard is a splendid one to beholdMUD_Wizard is a splendid one to beholdMUD_Wizard is a splendid one to beholdMUD_Wizard is a splendid one to beholdMUD_Wizard is a splendid one to beholdMUD_Wizard is a splendid one to beholdMUD_Wizard is a splendid one to beholdMUD_Wizard is a splendid one to behold
Re: Just got the SuperHub 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by horseman View Post
It was indeed, but Mud ol chap, if you're going to waste your time quoting my useless wildly inaccurate posts then at least quote them in context? pretty please...
Yes but it appeared ianch99 had missed that correction and got the wrong end of the stick you gave him. It was just to make that clear for him and anyone else who might get the wrong idea.
MUD_Wizard is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 24-02-2016, 17:40   #302
Sephiroth
Sulking in the Corner

Services: 1 Gbps; Hub 4 MM; ASUS RT-AX88U; Ultimate VOLT. BT Infinity2; Devolo 1200AV
Sephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny star
Sephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny star

Quote:
Originally Posted by horseman View Post
That would conveniently explain both the max latency on ICMP and the tardy GUI response?
The SH2 originally had diagnostic code running in the early part of the trials.

My advice is at your risk.
Sephiroth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-02-2016, 18:46   #303
Travelstar
cf.member

Travelstar is on a distinguished roadTravelstar is on a distinguished road

Just done a little more testing on the SH3. For some add reason, when in modem mode the gigabit Ethernet port drops to 100mbit/sec rather than gigabit. No problem in routing mode.

Anyone else experience this?
Travelstar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-02-2016, 19:07   #304
Sephiroth
Sulking in the Corner

Services: 1 Gbps; Hub 4 MM; ASUS RT-AX88U; Ultimate VOLT. BT Infinity2; Devolo 1200AV
Sephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny star

I'm in modem mode and the light at the back of the Hub 3 is green.

Have you got another 1 Gig wired device you can try?

Old 24-02-2016, 19:30   #305
Travelstar
cf.member

Travelstar is on a distinguished roadTravelstar is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sephiroth View Post
I'm in modem mode and the light at the back of the Hub 3 is green.

Have you got another 1 Gig wired device you can try?
Yes - Just tried a few devices and also tried them with different cables. This is definitely a modem and not device issue. Full reset seems to have done absolutely nothing.

Completely bizarre that it works at full gigabit speed if in routed mode which does suggest a possible firmware issue, but I am surprised that I might be the only person affected.
Travelstar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-02-2016, 20:24   #306
Sephiroth
Sulking in the Corner

Perhaps you might report it on the VM forum so that the Forum Team can either get it replaced or send a technician who can replace it.

Old 26-02-2016, 15:24   #307
ianch99
cf.mega poster

ianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze array
ianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze array

I was helping our neighbours move from BT (10/1 Mbps) to Vivid 100/6 and they had their kit installed today. I was suprised to see they they got a Hub 3.0.

I had a couple of questions:

1. how do you check the modem power levels on the Hub 3.0
2. it seems to broadcast the 2.4 and 5GHz networks with the same name. Can you change this if desired? The reason I ask is that they have a Netgear dual band repeater so I guess this (may) require this?

TIA
Old 26-02-2016, 15:32   #308
SnoopZ
CF Resident Dog

SnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny stars
SnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by ianch99 View Post
I was helping our neighbours move from BT (10/1 Mbps) to Vivid 100/6 and they had their kit installed today. I was suprised to see they they got a Hub 3.0.

I had a couple of questions:

1. how do you check the modem power levels on the Hub 3.0
2. it seems to broadcast the 2.4 and 5GHz networks with the same name. Can you change this if desired? The reason I ask is that they have a Netgear dual band repeater so I guess this (may) require this?

TIA
Same questions asked the other week.

http://www.cableforum.co.uk/board/35823326-post274.html
Old 26-02-2016, 15:37   #309
ianch99
cf.mega poster

ianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze array
ianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze array

Quote:
Originally Posted by SnoopZ View Post
Same questions asked the other week.

http://www.cableforum.co.uk/board/35823326-post274.html
Many thanks, I'll pass this on ..