Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Virgin Media - Above Inflation Rises from 1st February

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin Media News Discussion
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Virgin Media - Above Inflation Rises from 1st February

Old 15-03-2016, 08:14   #181
jb66
cf.mega poster

jb66 has a bronze arrayjb66 has a bronze arrayjb66 has a bronze array
jb66 has a bronze arrayjb66 has a bronze arrayjb66 has a bronze arrayjb66 has a bronze arrayjb66 has a bronze arrayjb66 has a bronze arrayjb66 has a bronze arrayjb66 has a bronze arrayjb66 has a bronze array
Re: Virgin Media - Above Inflation Rises from 1st February

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrB View Post
An update - my new contract has arrived and I am still not clear - there is no longer mention of Mates rates anymore (which is fine if that means a better deal). It says I bought Big Kahuna Bundle:

Virgin Phone
12 months line rental saver
Talk Weekends
Telephone Line Rental
Wifi Tracking Code

Virgin Broadband
VIVID 100 Optical Fibre

Virgin RV
0001 Additional V Box
TV Size:XL
TiVo Monthly Fee

Your monthly service charge £39

The above contract price(s) do not include the credit of £7 a month for 12 months.

So is it £39-£7 minus what I have already paid for Line Rental Saver or £39-£7 plus what I have already paid for the phone line please? It may become clearer when I get my next bill but that is beyond the 14 day cancellation and he contract arrived a week after the phone call, so already against the clock if I want to change anything.

According to the website Big Kahuna includes VIVID 200 but mine stares 100 (and no longer getting the "free" speed upgrade).

Any help appreciated please.

Many thanks
Your no longer on matesrates and no longer on the Big Kahuna
jb66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 17-03-2016, 09:00   #182
MrB
cf.addict

MrB is on a distinguished roadMrB is on a distinguished road
Re: Virgin Media - Above Inflation Rises from 1st February

I have now spoken to them but they say they only offer 3 speeds of Internet 50, 100, 200 and the other speeds were a free upgrade so long as no changes were made. Any changes to your package means you go onto one of the three advertised speeds.

Notes in the account match the contract (apart from Mates Rates is still apparently visible on my account, just not on my contract any more?), not my recollection of the conversation. I would have remembered the price being even less than the figure I agreed to, as I texted my wife immediately after with what I had agreed.
MrB is offline   Reply With Quote