Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | VM Retentions Offers..

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin Media Billing Issues

VM Retentions Offers..

Old 13-10-2015, 16:28   #1
ruddock08
cf.addict

Services: VIVID 200 Broadband + BT Whole Home WiFi
ruddock08 is on a distinguished roadruddock08 is on a distinguished road
Send a message via MSN to ruddock08
Talking VM Retentions Offers..

Well Virgin Media.. you have surpassed yourselves again.

Ordered BT with Infinity 1 and TV as was fed up of STM for Plex stuff etc.. Was gonna cost £28 a month with £190 or so for Line Rental Saver and £45 for the Infinity activation.

VM got wind of this with the phone line transfer request and have offered..

XL TV + XL Broadband (200mbps VIVID) + XL Phone (caller display) for £40 a month!

On top of that, have agreed to pay our line rental for a year.

£480 for 12 months service on the top package.. can't complain. Saves us quite a few hundred £ and the hassle of switching to BT. Nice one VM!
ruddock08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 13-10-2015, 20:21   #2
jb66
cf.mega poster

jb66 has a bronze arrayjb66 has a bronze arrayjb66 has a bronze array
jb66 has a bronze arrayjb66 has a bronze arrayjb66 has a bronze arrayjb66 has a bronze arrayjb66 has a bronze arrayjb66 has a bronze arrayjb66 has a bronze arrayjb66 has a bronze arrayjb66 has a bronze array
Re: VM Retentions Offers..

I hope thats what you actually get, seems too good to be true, wont be suprised if its £40+£17.99 line rental
jb66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-10-2015, 23:03   #3
ruddock08
cf.addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by jb66 View Post
I hope thats what you actually get, seems too good to be true, wont be suprised if its £40+£17.99 line rental
I would've thought the same, however, I've just had the email come through saying that LRS is now active and expires on 12/10/2015
Old 13-10-2015, 23:13   #4
jb66
cf.mega poster

jb66 has a bronze arrayjb66 has a bronze arrayjb66 has a bronze array
jb66 has a bronze arrayjb66 has a bronze arrayjb66 has a bronze arrayjb66 has a bronze arrayjb66 has a bronze arrayjb66 has a bronze arrayjb66 has a bronze arrayjb66 has a bronze arrayjb66 has a bronze array

Amazing, well done
jb66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-10-2015, 10:22   #5
ruddock08
cf.addict

Just goes to show, if Retentions don't take you seriously when you ring at the end of contract.. they will take you v. seriously when they receive the request to transfer your landline number!
Old 15-10-2015, 14:14   #6
qasdfdsaq
cf.mega poster

qasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronze
qasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronze

Quote:
Originally Posted by ruddock08 View Post
Well Virgin Media.. you have surpassed yourselves again.

Ordered BT with Infinity 1 and TV as was fed up of STM for Plex stuff etc.. Was gonna cost £28 a month with £190 or so for Line Rental Saver and £45 for the Infinity activation.
Dafuq, it was £100 a few years ago.
qasdfdsaq is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-10-2015, 21:36   #7
JPAC
cf.addict

JPAC is a name known to allJPAC is a name known to allJPAC is a name known to allJPAC is a name known to allJPAC is a name known to allJPAC is a name known to allJPAC is a name known to allJPAC is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by ruddock08 View Post
I would've thought the same, however, I've just had the email come through saying that LRS is now active and expires on 12/10/2015
Expires the day before you posted? Line rental is £16.99 isn't it, unless it's gone up again.

In my experience with VM, what's discussed on the phone is different to the bill that comes. I'm still on the 14 working day cooling off period, shall I risk it?
JPAC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-10-2015, 17:58   #8
ruddock08
cf.addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by JPAC View Post
Expires the day before you posted? Line rental is £16.99 isn't it, unless it's gone up again.

In my experience with VM, what's discussed on the phone is different to the bill that comes. I'm still on the 14 working day cooling off period, shall I risk it?
Apologies, I meant 2016. All seems good so we'll wait and see what the bill looks like.

---------- Post added at 16:58 ---------- Previous post was at 16:57 ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by qasdfdsaq View Post
Dafuq, it was £100 a few years ago.
I know.. first time we done it with VM it was £120, then £144 and now I think it's £160+!
Old 19-10-2015, 18:02   #9
Wicked_and_Crazy
cf.mega poster

Wicked_and_Crazy has a nice shiny starWicked_and_Crazy has a nice shiny star
Wicked_and_Crazy has a nice shiny starWicked_and_Crazy has a nice shiny starWicked_and_Crazy has a nice shiny starWicked_and_Crazy has a nice shiny starWicked_and_Crazy has a nice shiny starWicked_and_Crazy has a nice shiny starWicked_and_Crazy has a nice shiny starWicked_and_Crazy has a nice shiny starWicked_and_Crazy has a nice shiny starWicked_and_Crazy has a nice shiny starWicked_and_Crazy has a nice shiny starWicked_and_Crazy has a nice shiny starWicked_and_Crazy has a nice shiny starWicked_and_Crazy has a nice shiny starWicked_and_Crazy has a nice shiny starWicked_and_Crazy has a nice shiny starWicked_and_Crazy has a nice shiny starWicked_and_Crazy has a nice shiny starWicked_and_Crazy has a nice shiny starWicked_and_Crazy has a nice shiny star
Send a message via MSN to Wicked_and_Crazy Send a message via Yahoo to Wicked_and_Crazy

if they received a line transfer request are you not now contracted in with the requestor as well?
Wicked_and_Crazy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-10-2015, 11:45   #10
Ignitionnet
Inactive

Ignitionnet has a pair of shiny starsIgnitionnet has a pair of shiny starsIgnitionnet has a pair of shiny starsIgnitionnet has a pair of shiny starsIgnitionnet has a pair of shiny stars
Ignitionnet has a pair of shiny starsIgnitionnet has a pair of shiny starsIgnitionnet has a pair of shiny starsIgnitionnet has a pair of shiny starsIgnitionnet has a pair of shiny starsIgnitionnet has a pair of shiny starsIgnitionnet has a pair of shiny starsIgnitionnet has a pair of shiny starsIgnitionnet has a pair of shiny starsIgnitionnet has a pair of shiny stars

I've shared this deal with Money Saving Expert. I hope those there who want a higher end package will pile in.
Ignitionnet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-10-2015, 22:56   #11
alanbjames
R.I.P.

Services: XL Phone, XXXL Gig1 BB SH4 (wired).
alanbjames is just so famous around these partsalanbjames is just so famous around these partsalanbjames is just so famous around these partsalanbjames is just so famous around these partsalanbjames is just so famous around these partsalanbjames is just so famous around these partsalanbjames is just so famous around these partsalanbjames is just so famous around these partsalanbjames is just so famous around these partsalanbjames is just so famous around these partsalanbjames is just so famous around these partsalanbjames is just so famous around these partsalanbjames is just so famous around these partsalanbjames is just so famous around these partsalanbjames is just so famous around these parts

A few years ago when 20mb was top i had a few issues with oversubscription in the area and i rang them to give notice i was leaving.

At the time i was paying around £45 for M TV, Large phone which didn't include free calls and 10mb.

They increased me to 20mb broadband, put the phone to include calls also which was saving me around £20-25 and large tv for just £1 a month extra.
alanbjames is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-10-2015, 10:58   #12
MalteseFalcon
cf.mega poster

MalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronze
MalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronze
Send a message via AIM to MalteseFalcon

You can get some decent offers from retentions. Mostly if you don't mind going into a new contract with them. Discount on our package ends next year sometime.
MalteseFalcon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-10-2015, 12:06   #13
JPAC
cf.addict

JPAC is a name known to allJPAC is a name known to allJPAC is a name known to allJPAC is a name known to allJPAC is a name known to allJPAC is a name known to allJPAC is a name known to allJPAC is a name known to all

I find you get a different answer from each CSA every time you call. They are much more difficult to get a decent deal with from before and as shown here, the only good deals are when you actually cancel and VM call back - if they ever do.

What's particularly annoying is that they put you on a package - TV, BB and phone and when you try to cancel one of them to save money they tell you it will be more expensive because you will lose your loyalty discount.

What is flexible discount anyway?
JPAC is offline   Reply With Quote