Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Rainbow Six: Siege (PS4, Xbox One, Windows)

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > General Discussion > Gaming Discussion
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Rainbow Six: Siege (PS4, Xbox One, Windows)

Old 01-10-2015, 00:51   #1
adzii_nufc
Rafalution

adzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appeal
adzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appeal
Rainbow Six: Siege (PS4, Xbox One, Windows)

So we're finally here! After the mess that was Patriots and the decline it took with Vegas 2, Rainbow is dead

However, Siege is upon us, It's by no means a 'Rainbow' game but whatever it is, it's brilliant. I say it's not a Rainbow game because it just isn't, The sprint button, the removal of cover mechanics and so forth, but don't be hasty, whatever they've made is brilliant.

So I have the beta, on the horrible infamous Uplay of course.

This is the middle ground between Call of Duty and Battlefield, don't run just yet because that middle ground has found a pretty solid FPS experience. It's the tacical elements of Counter Strike, it's the pace of CoD if you want it, It's the destruction of Battlefield, Blow a hole in the wall and blow a terrorists head off with a double tap? why not.

Rappel down a house, plant a breach on a window and blow it as you dive in with an SA-80, yep.

Realism aspect? Get shot in the head, dead, get shot somewhere important, dead again, get caught by a frag, dead. There's no sponging bullets or miraculously surviving explosions here, you make a wrong move and you're dead.

Beta game modes: Standard Team death match - Self Explanatory

Terrorist Hunt - Not to be confused with the old Rainbow game mode.
This is an incredibly fun co-op mode. A set number of terrorists are placed within a compound, I.E a Mansion, Embassy or an SAS training kill house (Beta Maps)

The compounds are secured with planks, windows, steel shutters. Your job as a 5 man team is to breach the compound and neutralize the terrorists using deadly force. (Literally a special forces raid) when they say Rainbow Six@ Siege, they literally mean Siege.

You'll encounter armed terrorists in the house, they've rigged rooms with C4 and Nitro cells that need disarmed before you proceed, if you fail to spot them and disarm them, you're dead.

There'll be suicide bombers inside that need to be Neutralized, they will charge you upon site, if you hit his vest, he will explode and you will die. A clean head shot or slightly below is needed.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KlbLLRdg9u8

Ubisoft tend to get a lot of stick lately but this game has been their least hyped and looks like their best in a long time.

A CoD killer has finally arrived.
Old 01-10-2015, 07:17   #2
Stephen
Bah Humbug!!

Services: Sky Q 2Tb, Sky Q mini, boxsets and Sports & Movies HD, Sky Fibre unlimited
Stephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny star
Stephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny star
Re: Rainbow Six: Siege (PS4, Xbox One, Windows)

Apart from being a new R6 it's got no standard single player story. Titanfall tried that and while the game is anazing it suffered for no story mode.

I heard though the beta has had a lot of issues.
Old 01-10-2015, 12:24   #3
v0id
[CENSORED]

Services: Virginmedia - BB:250 TV:Mix TiVo v6 Phone:Talk Weekends w/anon reject
v0id has a bronzed appealv0id has a bronzed appeal
v0id has a bronzed appealv0id has a bronzed appealv0id has a bronzed appealv0id has a bronzed appealv0id has a bronzed appealv0id has a bronzed appealv0id has a bronzed appealv0id has a bronzed appealv0id has a bronzed appealv0id has a bronzed appealv0id has a bronzed appealv0id has a bronzed appealv0id has a bronzed appealv0id has a bronzed appeal

I was a bit miffed that they removed the hard cover/thirdperson mechanics and replaced it will that 'leaning' rubbish.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stephen View Post
Apart from being a new R6 it's got no standard single player story. Titanfall tried that and while the game is anazing it suffered for no story mode.
I heard Star Wars Battlefront also won't have a singleplayer campaign?

v0id is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2015, 13:51   #4
adzii_nufc
Rafalution

adzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appeal

Titanfall had a chance to include a Story mode in a game that a campaign would suit.

I don't think a story mode fits with siege at all. It has a 'campaign' but it's very similar to SWAT 4. It's non linear Siege missions. There's no character's to develop and no story to be had here.

It's a risk granted but you'll understand why there's no room for a story in this game if you play it.

I'll get to beta issues when I get on the rig, you're not wrong though the issues are worse than they let on.
Old 01-10-2015, 14:48   #5
Stephen
Bah Humbug!!

Services: Sky Q 2Tb, Sky Q mini, boxsets and Sports & Movies HD, Sky Fibre unlimited
Stephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny star
Stephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny star

R6: Vegas had a story mode and it was brilliant. So I am rather gutted there isn't one in this.

I do love my single player story mode. However with Battlefront and Battlefield they aren't really made for that, and frankly they have never been that great. BF Hardline also tried and failed with a story mode campaign.

But I did think R6 would be the last game to drop story mode.
Old 01-10-2015, 16:16   #6
v0id
[CENSORED]

Services: Virginmedia - BB:250 TV:Mix TiVo v6 Phone:Talk Weekends w/anon reject
v0id has a bronzed appealv0id has a bronzed appeal
v0id has a bronzed appealv0id has a bronzed appealv0id has a bronzed appealv0id has a bronzed appealv0id has a bronzed appealv0id has a bronzed appealv0id has a bronzed appealv0id has a bronzed appealv0id has a bronzed appealv0id has a bronzed appealv0id has a bronzed appealv0id has a bronzed appealv0id has a bronzed appealv0id has a bronzed appeal

Anyone think the reason Patriots was cancelled and Seige doesn't have a story campaign is that they haven't got Tom Clancy to consult any more?

v0id is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2015, 17:13   #7
adzii_nufc
Rafalution

Quote:
Originally Posted by v0id View Post
Anyone think the reason Patriots was cancelled and Seige doesn't have a story campaign is that they haven't got Tom Clancy to consult any more?
Patriots was cancelled because it just didn't work, everything was doomed from the start. They couldn't repeat Vegas 2 and thus the development team was axed.

Quote:
I do love my single player story mode. However with Battlefront and Battlefield they aren't really made for that
This is exactly why this can't have a single player, It's called Rainbow Six but until you play it you'll keep assuming it's Rainbow Six, it's just not though, it's an entirely new idea with a few core elements from the Rainbow franchise.

What you really have is the tactical element of Counter Strike, The pacing of CoD, the realism and destruction of battlefield, the damage model of Rainbow along with Rappel's and Breaching charges. All of that combined into one game. Oh I forgot, the gameplay of SWAT 4 is thrown in the mix too.

I also had a lot of negative things to say about the lack of a story mode until I played the Beta, give it a chance first.

Onto the Beta, you're not wrong, in typical Ubisoft fashion, it either works or it just doesn't, no need to go any further into that.

If you keep heading into this thinking you're getting Rainbow Six then your mind will never be open to what's actually on offer, it's an entirely different game with the Rainbow name on it. The world demanded something new and different to cod and they got Titanfall, Titanfall was fresh but it wasn't enough, it fell over obstacles such as the lack of proper multi-platform, it fell over the hype it had generated for itself. It fell financially and I'd blame that more on the first obstacle than anything else. The world can keep pretending they don't want CoD all over again and the rest of it can keep pretending they want something completely new. The fact is I feel like I can say we actually want a bit of everything. That's what Ubisoft have tried to give and that's why I think this already fairs better than Titanfall.

Design a BF4/CoD competitor, market it with an already recognizable franchise. Do what the new Medal of Honor failed to do.

I get it though, I do, Ubisoft suck and to be fair so do EA but people still buy their products. Simple really, don't pre-order the game and try it as it comes, play an open beta if it comes. A lot of people are already on the anti-ubisoft circlejerk
Old 01-10-2015, 20:12   #8
adzii_nufc
Rafalution

Right, I have two keys, PC only I'm afraid, anyone interested? First reply basis etc. These must be activated by tomorrow, there's only a few days left of the Beta. I don't think there's any chance of an open beta.

Details: 6.xGB download.

System requirements: Uplay &

1.0.1 Minimum Configuration:

Operating System: Windows 7 64 bit, Windows 8 64 bit, Windows 10 64 bit.

Processor: Intel Core i3 560 @ 3.3GHz or better,
AMD Phenom II X4 945 @ 3.0Ghz or better

RAM: 6 GB

Video card: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 460, AMD Radeon HD 5770
And DX11 cards with 1GB VRAM
See Supported List 1.0.3 for more information.

DVD-ROM: DVD-ROM Dual Layer

Hard Drive Space: 30 GB

Sound: DirectX 9.0c Compatible Sound Card with Latest Drivers

Internet: Broadband connection and service required for multiplayer mode

Windows-compatible mouse required
Old 01-10-2015, 22:36   #9
adzii_nufc
Rafalution

One key left
Old 03-10-2015, 20:18   #10
pyrotenax
Inactive

pyrotenax is an unknown quantity at this point

I actually quite like this on my PS4 although I would of liked a level where it was on a plane also included.
pyrotenax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-11-2015, 08:35   #11
adzii_nufc
Rafalution

Rainbow Six credits? Booster packs? Or what they truly are, micro transactions.

Unless they pledge free DLC now like everyone else seems to be falling in line with then I'm no longer interested. However they're offering a season pass so free DLC seems way off.

How do you ruin a game with potential, add a shop tab with 'Booster packs' with an energy drink logo. Tacky Ubisoft.

There's literally no justification for it. You didn't pay a tenner to skip a prestige in CoD4 but now it's the norm to pay it to skip it in 2015's world of gaming.

I can see now why games like Fallout, Witcher and so forth easily lay claim to GOTY, they get a massive head start by not advertising Pay for win products in their releases.

The game's servers are constantly falling over, 4 days till launch, this could be a messy one but that shouldn't surprise anyone given their track record. I used to enjoy Tom Clancy games and most Ubisoft releases but they're quickly trying to establish themselves at the top of the crap list beside EA.
Old 01-12-2015, 22:20   #12
Hom3r
Mum 15/08/46 - 30/09/20

Location: Galactic Sector ZZ9 Plural Z Alpha, www.daves-world.co.uk. A secret Moonbase (shh don't tell anybody)
Services: 1 V6, 2x1TB TiVo, SH3. Samsung Galaxy Note 10+ 5G, Ton's of Smart Home stuff, & Cuddy Toy
Hom3r has a pair of shiny starsHom3r has a pair of shiny starsHom3r has a pair of shiny starsHom3r has a pair of shiny stars
Hom3r has a pair of shiny stars

I was talking to a friend about DLC, we both got the BF3 Premium when it came out, but have both decided not to get suckered into getting it on BF4.
Old 02-12-2015, 20:49   #13
Shadow Demon UK
Inactive

Shadow Demon UK has a bronzed appealShadow Demon UK has a bronzed appeal
Shadow Demon UK has a bronzed appealShadow Demon UK has a bronzed appealShadow Demon UK has a bronzed appealShadow Demon UK has a bronzed appealShadow Demon UK has a bronzed appealShadow Demon UK has a bronzed appealShadow Demon UK has a bronzed appealShadow Demon UK has a bronzed appealShadow Demon UK has a bronzed appealShadow Demon UK has a bronzed appealShadow Demon UK has a bronzed appealShadow Demon UK has a bronzed appealShadow Demon UK has a bronzed appealShadow Demon UK has a bronzed appealShadow Demon UK has a bronzed appealShadow Demon UK has a bronzed appealShadow Demon UK has a bronzed appeal

I got this for the Xbox one yesterday and love it. I don't play many games any more apart from FIFA, but i'm glad i went with this. The 5v5 multiplayer works very well.
Shadow Demon UK is offline   Reply With Quote