Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Post Office as ISP/phone provider

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Alternatives to Virgin Media > Other ISPs Discussion

Post Office as ISP/phone provider

Old 13-08-2015, 19:59   #1
spreadsheet
cf.geek

Services: virgin internet / sky TV
spreadsheet is a name known to allspreadsheet is a name known to allspreadsheet is a name known to allspreadsheet is a name known to allspreadsheet is a name known to allspreadsheet is a name known to allspreadsheet is a name known to allspreadsheet is a name known to all
Question Post Office as ISP/phone provider

I got approached in Post Office by
one of the staff in relation to them providing internet / phone

The deal they are giving is quite good

better than Virgin who I am currently with

The house I am in is split into two parts

First & Second Floor Maisonette

and Ground Floor Flat (where I reside)

When I talked to people on the phone they said that the Ground Floor Flat was not listed - only the first and second floor showed up

How do I get the Ground floor flat to show as existing?
spreadsheet is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 14-08-2015, 14:22   #2
roger skillin
Inactive

Services: V+ XL,Broadband XXL, Phone with talk unlimited and extra TIVO box
roger skillin has a fine set of Quadsroger skillin has a fine set of Quadsroger skillin has a fine set of Quadsroger skillin has a fine set of Quadsroger skillin has a fine set of Quadsroger skillin has a fine set of Quadsroger skillin has a fine set of Quadsroger skillin has a fine set of Quadsroger skillin has a fine set of Quadsroger skillin has a fine set of Quadsroger skillin has a fine set of Quadsroger skillin has a fine set of Quadsroger skillin has a fine set of Quadsroger skillin has a fine set of Quads
Re: Post Office as ISP/phone provider

Surely if you live in a proper flat it would legally have to be listed unless the landlord is pulling a fast one, anyway just tell them that it does exist as you live in it. You can't really compare virgin as it's cable broadband and the post office is just using BT lines
roger skillin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-08-2015, 23:43   #3
nodrogd
cf.mega poster

Services: Maxit + Movies/Sports HD (V6x2), BB350, Anytime Chatter. Freeview/Freesat HD, ASDA/Tesco PAYG
nodrogd is the helpful onenodrogd is the helpful onenodrogd is the helpful onenodrogd is the helpful onenodrogd is the helpful onenodrogd is the helpful onenodrogd is the helpful onenodrogd is the helpful onenodrogd is the helpful onenodrogd is the helpful onenodrogd is the helpful onenodrogd is the helpful onenodrogd is the helpful onenodrogd is the helpful onenodrogd is the helpful onenodrogd is the helpful onenodrogd is the helpful one

The Post Office service is pretty basic (bog standard ADSL, bog standard router). The service is part owned by BT (as is Plusnet, although Plusnet does at least offer FTTC services). The phone service is definately worth a look though (in many cases cheaper than BT, & a lot cheaper than Virgin) particularly if you want a cheap second line as I have.
nodrogd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-08-2015, 18:27   #4
1andrew1
cf.mega poster

1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze
1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze

Quote:
Originally Posted by nodrogd View Post
The Post Office service is pretty basic (bog standard ADSL, bog standard router). The service is part owned by BT (as is Plusnet, although Plusnet does at least offer FTTC services). The phone service is definately worth a look though (in many cases cheaper than BT, & a lot cheaper than Virgin) particularly if you want a cheap second line as I have.
The information about BT's involvement is three years out of date. The Post Office's service is run by TalkTalk (network), Capita (contact centre) and Fujitsu (integrator). Plusnet is totally owned by BT whereas BT never owned a stake in the Post Office's broadband service, it was just the provider.
But those are side issues. You're spot-on with the Post Ofice service being a basic one, probably aimed at pensioners and those on low incomes.
http://www.information-age.com/techn...adband-partner
1andrew1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-08-2015, 11:58   #5
punkrock101
cf.addict

Services: Sky Q, Freesat, Sky Gigafast FTTP Broadband, Virgin Gig1
punkrock101 will become famous soon enoughpunkrock101 will become famous soon enoughpunkrock101 will become famous soon enough

Don't go near them the router is terrible and the customer service is rubbish, we where with them briefly years ago and needed to speak with customer service. the same guy twice 'pretended' to be the wrong department and just disconnected call twice in row instead of trying to transfer me to the right person, I ended keeping Virgin after dealing with the post office for a about a week.
punkrock101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-08-2015, 13:08   #6
1andrew1
cf.mega poster

1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze
1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze

Quote:
Originally Posted by punkrock101 View Post
Don't go near them the router is terrible and the customer service is rubbish, we where with them briefly years ago and needed to speak with customer service. the same guy twice 'pretended' to be the wrong department and just disconnected call twice in row instead of trying to transfer me to the right person, I ended keeping Virgin after dealing with the post office for a about a week.
That was when the service was contracted out to BT. As explained above, the customer contact centre is now run by Capita.
1andrew1 is offline   Reply With Quote