Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Gang Jailed For Selling Sick Or Dying Puppies

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > General Discussion > Current Affairs
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Gang Jailed For Selling Sick Or Dying Puppies

Old 03-08-2015, 22:31   #1
Arthurgray50@blu
cf.mega poster

Arthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appeal
Arthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appeal
Gang Jailed For Selling Sick Or Dying Puppies

http://news.sky.com/story/1529765/ga...-dying-puppies

I am a big animal lover. I was brought up with dogs and cats. But after reading this article.

I am just glad that they were jailed. I would gladly go into a room with each of them and show them what l feel like, and do.

This lovely country, are big animals lovers. And dote on there pets. But l would urge people if they see this sort of inhuman crime - then report it to the police.

Yes, the RSPCA are there, but l have a feeling that they would not act quick enough to save these poor creatures.

There are plenty of rescue centres about, plus the biggest home of all Battersea. Would willingly offer you a dog or cat, for a small fee.

I just feel for these poor animals
Arthurgray50@blu is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 04-08-2015, 01:56   #2
weenie
Believe in yourself ...

Services: tv phone mobile broadband V6 and tivo.
weenie has a nice shiny starweenie has a nice shiny star
weenie has a nice shiny starweenie has a nice shiny starweenie has a nice shiny starweenie has a nice shiny starweenie has a nice shiny starweenie has a nice shiny starweenie has a nice shiny starweenie has a nice shiny starweenie has a nice shiny starweenie has a nice shiny starweenie has a nice shiny star
Re: Gang Jailed For Selling Sick Or Dying Puppies

Some people sadly do little or no research when purchasing a puppy and they should after all any pet instantly becomes part of your family. The sad fact is as long as people continue purchasing pups without doing a little or no research into the breeder etc will help continue this horrid cruel business IMO without even realising it before it's too late and they are left not only out of pocket but heartbroken.

Myself personally would rather get an rescued cat/dog and have done so in the past. My first dog was bought from the cat and dog home as a puppy and he gave us 14 and a half years of wonderful memories. He had a good life right from the start, whereas my 2nd dog was also purchased from the Scottish SPCA was not so fortunate he is now 9 or 10. We do not know his actual age as he was estimated between 4 - 6 months when he came into our lives although our vet suspects he may have been older. I'm pleased to say that he is now very trusting and loving and has came a long way from the timid wee dog with the broken tail when we first got him. I'm not saying that getting these abused pets is an easy task all but the results are well worth it! You end up with the most loyal and loving pet any owner could ask for.

I just do not understand this cruelty!
Old 04-08-2015, 08:06   #3
Stephen
Bah Humbug!!

Services: Sky Q 2Tb, Sky Q mini, boxsets and Sports & Movies HD, Sky Fibre unlimited
Stephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny star
Stephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny star

Some people just want to make a quick buck and will not be properly trained in breeding animals, but also its potential pet owners that are as much to blame for this as people want a fancy dog breed without paying the crazy prices.

However I agree with you on getting rescue animals, my two cats were from the cat protection centre and have now had them six year. Its the best place, some loving animals that just need a home and a family to love them.
Old 04-08-2015, 11:32   #4
joglynne
Born again teenager.

Services: Maxit TV, M250 Fibre BB. Phone-Anytime Chatter
joglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aura
joglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aura

This case illustrates how even doing your homework can still leave you with a puppy that has been ill treated and not what you would expect. Being a case that was pretty local for me we have heard more details than have been reported nationally.

Quote:
<snippets> The gang was made up of two married couples - Louise Colwell and husband Kenneth and Thomas Greally and wife Stacey, plus Louise Colwell’s mother, Paula Wood, and James Brady.

They all admitted a string of animal welfare offences involving the sale of sick puppies linked to organised crime.

None of the gang would reveal where the puppies came from, but the RSPCA believe the animals were imported from across Europe and then sold on as part of the groups organised business.

The group went to great lengths to hide their businesses, even renting properties for buyers to visit to make it appear the dogs had come from a family home.

Chief inspector Ian Briggs, from the RSPCA’s special operations unit, said: “This case shows the lengths some dealers will go to making it look like the puppies they are selling have been bred in a homely environment.

“They produce glossy brochures, healthcheck cards and fancy looking ‘pedigree’ documents that aren’t worth the paper they are written on and they rent houses and put a smattering of furniture in them to make it look like a family home, from which they peddle these sick puppies.

“It is organised crime and animal suffering on an almost industrial scale,”

Other items seized by police during the warrants included approximately £3,500 in cash and a step-by-step guide to selling puppies, which said sellers would receive £50 commission on every sale they made.
http://www.manchestereveningnews.co....-three-9784788

As Arthur and weenie say, animals can be adopted from approved organisations, all you need to do is go on to their web sites, places such as the RSPCA, Dogs Trust and Cats Protection will bend over backwards to find you your dream dog or cat whether it be a older animal or a puppy/kitten.

Most single breed groups have animals needing adoption, and will usually have links to breeders who are known to be legitimate so finding that special new member of your family need not drive people to these horrible puppy farms.
Old 04-08-2015, 11:57   #5
weenie
Believe in yourself ...

Services: tv phone mobile broadband V6 and tivo.
weenie has a nice shiny starweenie has a nice shiny star
weenie has a nice shiny starweenie has a nice shiny starweenie has a nice shiny starweenie has a nice shiny starweenie has a nice shiny starweenie has a nice shiny starweenie has a nice shiny starweenie has a nice shiny starweenie has a nice shiny starweenie has a nice shiny starweenie has a nice shiny star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stephen View Post
Some people just want to make a quick buck and will not be properly trained in breeding animals, but also its potential pet owners that are as much to blame for this as people want a fancy dog breed without paying the crazy prices.

However I agree with you on getting rescue animals, my two cats were from the cat protection centre and have now had them six year. Its the best place, some loving animals that just need a home and a family to love them.
True.