Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Fox HD (158) looks like SD

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin Media TV Service
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Fox HD (158) looks like SD

Old 25-05-2015, 13:51   #1
SnoopZ
CF Resident Dog

SnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny stars
SnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny stars
Fox HD (158) looks like SD

I have an issue where Fox HD (158) looks to be in standard definition as it looks identical to channel 157, all other HD channels look like HD, i am using a V+.

The dog in the left hand corner just says FOX, i thought it said FOXHD but unsure now, can anyone confirm whether it should say FOXHD please incase i am getting the wrong feed?

Does anyone else see this issue?

I did have another issue where the picture was breaking up on that 1 channel but i seem to have solved that by removing a 3dB Forward Path Attenuator which bumped 1 of the upstreams on the V+ from 28dB to 32dB, so i don't know is this maybe be a cause as it looked SD before i removed it.

---------- Post added at 13:51 ---------- Previous post was at 13:20 ----------

I guess i am the only 1 with a TV on today. i know i am impatient hehe.
Old 25-05-2015, 14:01   #2
johnasimmons
cf.mega poster

Services: 500mb, Full House (with Sky Sports & Movies, BT Sports and ViaPlay), 1 TiVo, 1 V6, iPhone 14 Pro Max
johnasimmons has reached the bronze age
johnasimmons has reached the bronze agejohnasimmons has reached the bronze agejohnasimmons has reached the bronze agejohnasimmons has reached the bronze agejohnasimmons has reached the bronze agejohnasimmons has reached the bronze agejohnasimmons has reached the bronze agejohnasimmons has reached the bronze age
Re: Fox HD (158) looks like SD

Fox HD is now on 199
johnasimmons is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-05-2015, 14:04   #3
SnoopZ
CF Resident Dog

SnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny stars
SnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnasimmons View Post
Fox HD is now on 199
Excellent that solved it.

I did check to see if the number had changed from an online TV guide as well as Virgins online PDF and that had it listed as 158 still.
Old 25-05-2015, 14:06   #4
johnasimmons
cf.mega poster

Services: 500mb, Full House (with Sky Sports & Movies, BT Sports and ViaPlay), 1 TiVo, 1 V6, iPhone 14 Pro Max
johnasimmons has reached the bronze age
johnasimmons has reached the bronze agejohnasimmons has reached the bronze agejohnasimmons has reached the bronze agejohnasimmons has reached the bronze agejohnasimmons has reached the bronze agejohnasimmons has reached the bronze agejohnasimmons has reached the bronze agejohnasimmons has reached the bronze age

It changed earlier this year, 158 is Fox+, not a hd channel - glad it solved your problem
johnasimmons is offline   Reply With Quote