Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | CF income survey

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > General Discussion > Current Affairs
Register FAQ Community Calendar

CF income survey
View Poll Results: What is your pre-tax annual income?
Less than £15,000 13 18.06%
£15,001 - £25,000 13 18.06%
£25,001 - £35,000 17 23.61%
£35,001 - £50,000 16 22.22%
£50,001 - £75,000 4 5.56%
£75,001 - £100,000 3 4.17%
£100,001+ 6 8.33%
Voters: 72. You may not vote on this poll

Old 20-05-2015, 16:24   #61
Russ
cf.mega poster

Russ has a golden aura
Russ has a golden auraRuss has a golden auraRuss has a golden aura
Re: CF income survey

Quote:
Originally Posted by Halcyon View Post
I have a rubbish salary but get good amount of holiday time and to me that counts for a lot at the moment.
Staff at the DVLA have a similar outlook but use different methods to go about dealing with it. 'Flex' time can be accrued by coming in earlier but many of them simply clock in 15 minutes early and sit at their desks until their shift officially starts. Loads of them are at the scam and it builds up over the month and they can end up with and extra half day available to them.

Vote #AnyoneButTory
Russ is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 21-05-2015, 17:54   #62
Escapee
cf.mega poster

Escapee has a bronze arrayEscapee has a bronze arrayEscapee has a bronze array
Escapee has a bronze arrayEscapee has a bronze arrayEscapee has a bronze arrayEscapee has a bronze arrayEscapee has a bronze arrayEscapee has a bronze arrayEscapee has a bronze arrayEscapee has a bronze arrayEscapee has a bronze arrayEscapee has a bronze arrayEscapee has a bronze arrayEscapee has a bronze arrayEscapee has a bronze arrayEscapee has a bronze arrayEscapee has a bronze arrayEscapee has a bronze arrayEscapee has a bronze arrayEscapee has a bronze array

I chose the bracket that the total figure on my current P60 fell in. We have a salary plus an amount on top that we can use to purchase extra benefits such as extra holidays, dental plan, additional pension contributions that the company match etc. On top of this we have an annual bonus, and this year we received the full 10% of our salary, plus this month I had a 2% rise back-dated to the beginning of March.

Back in September I applied and managed to get flexible working, the company realised they were going to get a flood of applications and now everyone is allowed to work a 9 day fortnight, which means having every other Friday off. The standard holidays are 25 days plus public holidays, you can sell a maximum of 5 days back to the company but I have purchased extra holidays. This means I am able to work 4 days every week and still have a week off in the summer and at least a week off at Christmas. As the extra days cost me about £180 each it does encourage me not to waste them, I make sure I put these extra purchased days to good use.

My salary is good and the job is 15 minutes from my house, it's not perfect and sometimes not challenging enough. When I look at interesting jobs the thought of a long commute puts me off applying.
Old 25-05-2015, 17:09   #63
mrmistoffelees

Services: Many
mrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronze
mrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronze

My earnings are approximately 3 * the average for the area I live in

I also get up at 5:30 every morning drive 60 miles to York and then do the reverse getting home at about 18:45

I then spend 20:00 - 23:00 being available for my colleagues in the U.S.

Whilst a decent salary is nice I just find more rubbish that I don't need to spend it on!!
Old 25-05-2015, 19:47   #64
Ramrod
[NTHW] pc clan

Services: Amazon Prime Video & Netflix. Deregistered from my TV licence.
Ramrod has a golden aura
Ramrod has a golden auraRamrod has a golden auraRamrod has a golden auraRamrod has a golden auraRamrod has a golden auraRamrod has a golden auraRamrod has a golden auraRamrod has a golden auraRamrod has a golden auraRamrod has a golden auraRamrod has a golden auraRamrod has a golden auraRamrod has a golden auraRamrod has a golden auraRamrod has a golden auraRamrod has a golden auraRamrod has a golden aura

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrmistoffelees View Post
Whilst a decent salary is nice I just find more rubbish that I don't need to spend it on!!
You need a woman like mine.....she stops me spending money on cr*p
Old 25-05-2015, 19:53   #65
papa smurf
vox populi vox dei

Services: every thing
papa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny stars
papa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ramrod View Post
yea so she can spend it on crap
Old 25-05-2015, 22:42   #66
Ramrod
[NTHW] pc clan

Services: Amazon Prime Video & Netflix. Deregistered from my TV licence.
Ramrod has a golden aura
Ramrod has a golden auraRamrod has a golden auraRamrod has a golden auraRamrod has a golden auraRamrod has a golden auraRamrod has a golden auraRamrod has a golden auraRamrod has a golden auraRamrod has a golden auraRamrod has a golden auraRamrod has a golden auraRamrod has a golden auraRamrod has a golden auraRamrod has a golden auraRamrod has a golden auraRamrod has a golden auraRamrod has a golden aura

Quote:
Originally Posted by papa smurf View Post
yea so she can spend it on crap
Nope. She's thrifty
Old 26-05-2015, 00:19   #67
Sirius
Grumpy Fecker

Services: Every Weekend
Sirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver bling
Sirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver bling

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ramrod View Post

https://www.macmillan.org.uk/cancer-...bladder-cancer
Sirius is offline   Reply With Quote