Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | NETFLIX!!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin Media TV Service
Register FAQ Community Calendar

NETFLIX!!

Old 01-05-2015, 23:22   #1
Mad Max
cf.mega poster

Mad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze array
Mad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze array
NETFLIX!!

OK here goes, my Netflix account ran out tonight, so I went on my PC, keyed in my personal details, and was logged in successfully. My details of how I wanted to continue paying came up and I opted to use a different card from previously, all went fine and was accepted.
So I then went back to my TV expecting to just connect as per usual, but NO, I had to log in to their archaic Fred Flintsone -mod edit- type system to watch something I had already paid for! Up comes the keyboard on screen, enter your e-mail addy, etc etc, how -mod edit- bad is this, and how "old hat" is this, it's 2015 ffs, I just gave up, unbelievable really!

Please don't trigger/bypass the swear filter.
Mad Max is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 04-05-2015, 21:29   #2
harry_hitch
Heavens to Betsy, Bertie!

Services: TIVO, M TV, L BB, M Phone
harry_hitch has reached the bronze age
harry_hitch has reached the bronze ageharry_hitch has reached the bronze ageharry_hitch has reached the bronze ageharry_hitch has reached the bronze ageharry_hitch has reached the bronze ageharry_hitch has reached the bronze age
Re: NETFLIX!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mad Max View Post
OK here goes, my Netflix account ran out tonight, so I went on my PC, keyed in my personal details, and was logged in successfully. My details of how I wanted to continue paying came up and I opted to use a different card from previously, all went fine and was accepted.
So I then went back to my TV expecting to just connect as per usual, but NO, I had to log in to their archaic Fred Flintsone -mod edit- type system to watch something I had already paid for! Up comes the keyboard on screen, enter your e-mail addy, etc etc, how -mod edit- bad is this, and how "old hat" is this, it's 2015 ffs, I just gave up, unbelievable really!
Sadly, it's not just Netflix though OB. All the tv apps I use have the same awful type system, it really does bug me for the few minutes it takes to sign. It should not be such a chore.
Considering we had Nokia mobile phones which slide open and had full qwerty type keyboards available to type on over a decade ago, it is a shame the same can't be done with remote controls (US style TIVO remote excluded obviously).

There are many worse things in the world, and thankfully I am not effected by anything currently. This is definitely a first world problem!
harry_hitch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2015, 21:36   #3
Stephen
Bah Humbug!!

Services: Sky Q 2Tb, Sky Q mini, boxsets and Sports & Movies HD, Sky Fibre unlimited
Stephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny star
Stephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny star

If you have the TiVo app on your phone/tablet and yout TiVo is connected to your router you can actually use the device to type in stuff on some apps. Makes things easier.
Old 04-05-2015, 23:05   #4
theone2k10
Inactive

Services: Plusnet 40mb unlimited fibre, roku, Verizon, netflix, nowtv, hbogo, hulu, SKY+HD box sets pack
theone2k10 has reached the bronze age
theone2k10 has reached the bronze agetheone2k10 has reached the bronze agetheone2k10 has reached the bronze agetheone2k10 has reached the bronze agetheone2k10 has reached the bronze agetheone2k10 has reached the bronze agetheone2k10 has reached the bronze age

Quote:
Originally Posted by harry_hitch View Post
Sadly, it's not just Netflix though OB. All the tv apps I use have the same awful type system, it really does bug me for the few minutes it takes to sign. It should not be such a chore.
Considering we had Nokia mobile phones which slide open and had full qwerty type keyboards available to type on over a decade ago, it is a shame the same can't be done with remote controls (US style TIVO remote excluded obviously).

There are many worse things in the world, and thankfully I am not effected by anything currently. This is definitely a first world problem!
This imo is where the firetv and some other devices come into their own with the ability to add a bluetooth or wireless keyboard and mouse to them.
Or you can use keyboard and mouse apps on your ios/android and now windows phone too.
theone2k10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2015, 09:04   #5
Stop It
Inactive

Services: VM Vivid 200 VM XL TV & Sky Sports VM Phone
Stop It is a pillar of societyStop It is a pillar of societyStop It is a pillar of societyStop It is a pillar of societyStop It is a pillar of societyStop It is a pillar of societyStop It is a pillar of societyStop It is a pillar of societyStop It is a pillar of societyStop It is a pillar of societyStop It is a pillar of societyStop It is a pillar of societyStop It is a pillar of societyStop It is a pillar of societyStop It is a pillar of societyStop It is a pillar of societyStop It is a pillar of societyStop It is a pillar of societyStop It is a pillar of society

Some TVs actually support Mouse/Keyboards too.

My TV upstairs (A Samsung 32H6400) works with not only these, but the Xbox 360 controller and my partners wireless Logitech K400 along with its built in touchpad. Makes entering passwords very simples.
Stop It is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2015, 09:40   #6
BenMcr
Virgin Media Staff

Services: 360 x2, Maxit TV, Sky Sports and Sky Cinema. Gig1
BenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny stars
BenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny stars

TiVo also works with keyboards - although it's not officially supported.
Old 05-05-2015, 15:21   #7
harry_hitch

harry_hitch has reached the bronze ageharry_hitch has reached the bronze ageharry_hitch has reached the bronze ageharry_hitch has reached the bronze ageharry_hitch has reached the bronze ageharry_hitch has reached the bronze age

Quote:
Originally Posted by theone2k10 View Post
This imo is where the firetv and some other devices come into their own with the ability to add a bluetooth or wireless keyboard and mouse to them.
Or you can use keyboard and mouse apps on your ios/android and now windows phone too.
Yeah, but the key boards are a massive rip off and pretty pricy (at least the Samsung one is).

How can I use an android app as a keyboard for my samsung TV, do know what any are called?

---------- Post added at 15:21 ---------- Previous post was at 15:20 ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by BenMcr View Post
TiVo also works with keyboards - although it's not officially supported.
What keyboards ben? How do I do manage this please?
Old 05-05-2015, 15:32   #8
Stephen
Bah Humbug!!

Services: Sky Q 2Tb, Sky Q mini, boxsets and Sports & Movies HD, Sky Fibre unlimited
Stephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny star
Stephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny star

USB keyboards. As the TiVo has a usb on the back.

It's the TiVo app from VM that you can use.
Old 05-05-2015, 15:49   #9
harry_hitch

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stephen View Post

Awesome, cheers.
Old 05-05-2015, 15:59   #10
theone2k10
Inactive

Services: Plusnet 40mb unlimited fibre, roku, Verizon, netflix, nowtv, hbogo, hulu, SKY+HD box sets pack
theone2k10 has reached the bronze age
theone2k10 has reached the bronze agetheone2k10 has reached the bronze agetheone2k10 has reached the bronze agetheone2k10 has reached the bronze agetheone2k10 has reached the bronze agetheone2k10 has reached the bronze agetheone2k10 has reached the bronze age

Quote:
Yeah, but the key boards are a massive rip off and pretty pricy (at least the Samsung one is).

How can I use an android app as a keyboard for my samsung TV, do know what any are called?

---------- Post added at 15:21 ---------- Previous post was at 15:20 ----------

What keyboards ben? How do I do manage this please?
Paid £3.99 for my wireless keyboard and mouse from ebay, works perfectly on firetv and on android box.
theone2k10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2015, 16:20   #11
BenMcr
Virgin Media Staff

Services: 360 x2, Maxit TV, Sky Sports and Sky Cinema. Gig1
BenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny stars
BenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stephen View Post

Quote:
Awesome, cheers.
To use the TV Anywhere app as a remote, you will need to connect your TiVo to your home network first.
Old 05-05-2015, 19:26   #12
Stephen
Bah Humbug!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BenMcr View Post
To use the TV Anywhere app as a remote, you will need to connect your TiVo to your home network first.
I did mention that in my original post