Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Shocking performance over last month - CV10

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin Media Internet Service
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Shocking performance over last month - CV10

Old 01-05-2015, 10:12   #1
Wiggz
cf.addict

Wiggz is an unknown quantity at this point
Shocking performance over last month - CV10

Hi all,

The performance of my VM line has been shocking for the last month or so. Previously I used to get a constant 100Mbit service...using multiple Internet services was a dream! I would have recommended the VM service to anyone wanting something stable following my 100Mbit upgrade.

However in the last 4-6 weeks, it's become intolerable.

Packet loss is constant, latency is also at shocking proportions to many nodes (VM cores and internet sites) making general use an absolute no no.

Thinkbroadband meter is averaging 10% packetloss for crying out loud.

Just wondering if anyone has any advice to look at as the first 2 questions from technical support before I got ummed and arred at were reboot superhub, and reboot router.

CV10 area..

This is what I'm dealing with currently...

Wiggz is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 01-05-2015, 12:25   #2
qasdfdsaq
cf.mega poster

qasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronze
qasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronze
Re: Shocking performance over last month - CV10

Although possibly a faulty Superhub, more likely you have a line fault. Nothing you can do about it, VM need to send a tech.

Signal/power/noise levels most likely the culprit.

Posting your power levels would help confirm, but are rarely confirmative of anything.
qasdfdsaq is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2015, 13:17   #3
Wiggz
cf.addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by qasdfdsaq View Post
Although possibly a faulty Superhub, more likely you have a line fault. Nothing you can do about it, VM need to send a tech.

Signal/power/noise levels most likely the culprit.

Posting your power levels would help confirm, but are rarely confirmative of anything.
Old 01-05-2015, 15:09   #4
horseman
cf.geek

horseman has reached the bronze age
horseman has reached the bronze agehorseman has reached the bronze age

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wiggz View Post
Assuming your VM alias is CPB on the H&S forum then ForumTeam there will respond usually within 2-4days (+ bank holiday) to check FEC/SNR levels + tech visit as appropriate.
horseman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2015, 18:47   #5
Wiggz
cf.addict

Turns out VM know there is an over-subscription/congestion in my area and are doing something about it....in September!

Not happy.
Old 01-05-2015, 20:44   #6
qasdfdsaq
cf.mega poster

qasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronze
qasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronze

Highly unlikely to be oversubscription. Oversubscription causes graphs to look completely different.
Old 02-05-2015, 10:33   #7
Wiggz
cf.addict

That was what I thought also - upstream seems absolutely fine too which would be the first to be hit in high subscription areas.
Old 05-05-2015, 11:07   #8
Wiggz
cf.addict

Turns out that others are experiencing the same...latest BQM

Old 05-05-2015, 15:08   #9
qasdfdsaq
cf.mega poster

There's definitely some congestion in that graph Wiggz, but it still doesn't look like the main problem. I have heard in the past, IIRC, that VM won't allow agents to raise new or additional faults if there is an area-wide fault (such as congestion) already active, even if it is totally unrelated. Which is stupid IMO.
Old 06-05-2015, 22:04   #10
Wiggz
cf.addict

Luckily the VM community was helpful and I've got a Tech coming out tomorrow to check things out. Doubtful anything can be done as the PL has dropped WAY down now also, but nice to get somebody to look at it.