Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Mac Pro

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Computers & IT > General IT Discussion

Mac Pro

Old 25-04-2015, 19:02   #1
webcrawler2050
Inactive

Services: TiVo 110MB BB Phone Line
webcrawler2050 has reached the bronze age
webcrawler2050 has reached the bronze agewebcrawler2050 has reached the bronze agewebcrawler2050 has reached the bronze agewebcrawler2050 has reached the bronze agewebcrawler2050 has reached the bronze agewebcrawler2050 has reached the bronze agewebcrawler2050 has reached the bronze age
Send a message via MSN to webcrawler2050
Mac Pro

Evening all,

Im using a mac pro as a server, which is fab - when i got to server-name.local in a Browers, I get presented with a "intranet" type system i'd like to be able to edit this and add other things to it.

Can anyone advise of the location of the files? Thanks
webcrawler2050 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 25-04-2015, 19:26   #2
Chris
Trollsplatter
Cable Forum Team

Services: Humane elimination of all common Internet pests
Chris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden aura
Chris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden aura
Re: Mac Pro

/library/webserver/documents ... I think. I'm not running one, so can't check.
Chris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-04-2015, 19:48   #3
qasdfdsaq
cf.mega poster

qasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronze
qasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronze

/Library/WebServer/Documents indeed, at least by default.
qasdfdsaq is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-04-2015, 13:25   #4
webcrawler2050
Inactive

webcrawler2050 has reached the bronze agewebcrawler2050 has reached the bronze agewebcrawler2050 has reached the bronze agewebcrawler2050 has reached the bronze agewebcrawler2050 has reached the bronze agewebcrawler2050 has reached the bronze agewebcrawler2050 has reached the bronze age

so i tried

//library/webserver/documents

just blank index file saying "it works"

Screenshow is the file i'd like to edit.

This appears when I go to in the browsers on the lan (server-name.local)
Attached Images
File Type: png Screen Shot 2015-04-26 at 13.23.30.png (471.6 KB, 17 views)
Old 26-04-2015, 15:40   #5
Chris
Trollsplatter
Cable Forum Team

Chris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden aura
Chris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden aura

Have you tried a Spotlight search for that file?
Old 26-04-2015, 15:58   #6
qasdfdsaq
cf.mega poster

qasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronze
qasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronze

That looks like the OS X Wiki service.

If you want to edit the wiki page I'd suggest you do as it says, log in and click the edit button. I would suggest against modifying the files by hand.
Old 26-04-2015, 19:33   #7
webcrawler2050
Inactive

Yeah tried spotlight.

It looks like an intranet - it has contacts, iCal etc - i want to replace that service with our own local intranet. Just can't figure out where it is and it looks like simple HTML that displays stuff but going off to the Wiki server.

Just have no idea where the files are located.
Old 26-04-2015, 19:38   #8
qasdfdsaq
cf.mega poster

Like I said, you should not edit the files at all.

If you don't want the wiki service, turn the wiki service off in server settings. Then put your own files in the webserver space.
Old 26-04-2015, 20:17   #9
webcrawler2050
Inactive

Sorry - I think your missing the point.

I want all that, plus more - I want to turn this into our intranet - however, i just cannot find where the files are located.
Old 26-04-2015, 23:25   #10
qasdfdsaq
cf.mega poster

No, I think you're missing the point. It doesn't matter where the files are because you do not need to see them and you should not be doing anything with those files.

The Wiki and the page you're seeing is dynamically generated by software that is part of the system. It is a very bad idea to go fiddling around with the code that generates that content when you don't understand how it works.

You should either use it as it's designed, or use something else you're more familiar with.
Old 27-04-2015, 09:28   #11
Chris
Trollsplatter
Cable Forum Team

^ Wise words these are.
Old 27-04-2015, 12:41   #12
webcrawler2050
Inactive

Quote:
Originally Posted by qasdfdsaq View Post
No, I think you're missing the point. It doesn't matter where the files are because you do not need to see them and you should not be doing anything with those files.

The Wiki and the page you're seeing is dynamically generated by software that is part of the system. It is a very bad idea to go fiddling around with the code that generates that content when you don't understand how it works.

You should either use it as it's designed, or use something else you're more familiar with.
Cheers for the sound advice. However, I fully understand how it works & I am more than happy to edit. I also understand what I want it to look like.

So aslong I understand (which I do) Ill edit away. Just wanted to know the location of files, the rest not necessary.
Old 27-04-2015, 20:53   #13
qasdfdsaq
cf.mega poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by webcrawler2050 View Post
Cheers for the sound advice. However, I fully understand how it works & I am more than happy to edit. I also understand what I want it to look like.

So aslong I understand (which I do) Ill edit away. Just wanted to know the location of files, the rest not necessary.
I would disagree, given your inability to find the files (or do the 30 second Google search required to find the information). But if you must...

Most of it is inside the OS X Server application bundle, /Library/Applications/Server.app. The rest spread out across the local Postgres database, accessible via the UNIX socket at /Library/Server/PostgreSQL For Server Services/Socket, and the Wiki should be in either /Library/Collaboration or /Library/Server/Wiki depending on version.
Old 28-04-2015, 09:16   #14
heero_yuy
Perfect Soldier

Services: VM 500M SH3 thingy in modem mode XL TV V6 Sony Bravia smart TV and M phone
heero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered stars
heero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by qasdfdsaq View Post
I would disagree, given your inability to find the files (or do the 30 second Google search required to find the information). But if you must...

Most of it is inside the OS X Server application bundle, /Library/Applications/Server.app. The rest spread out across the local Postgres database, accessible via the UNIX socket at /Library/Server/PostgreSQL For Server Services/Socket, and the Wiki should be in either /Library/Collaboration or /Library/Server/Wiki depending on version.
Now you've done it.

spanners.jpg