Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | What is in the upgrade?

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin Media Internet Service
Register FAQ Community Calendar

What is in the upgrade?

Old 20-04-2015, 16:18   #1
SloughVMuser
Inactive

SloughVMuser is an unknown quantity at this point
What is in the upgrade?

So, story starts late Feb when I noticed "reduced" quality of server from VM.

Backstory: Reason I called them out was the 3-9 times the router reset each day and in between time, the PC would lose connection for 5- 30sec - around 140times a day average.

Called up - got engineer booked and took off time to attend. Engineer came and replaced equaliser - said all was fine and departed

Still issues so called again - this time got the hub replaced.

Third time - engineer checks the infrastructure and physical connection (checked out fine btw)

Forth time - got the equaliser replaced

Fifth time - got the modem replaced with a brand new 2ac

What happens every time is I have to explain my position to the 1st line support, the engineers have never been briefed on what has happened previously, I have to take time off from work to do this and I am losing business to do this - but VM do not take responsibility.

The most recent "reason" for the issues is that ...wait for it ... they ARE PERFORMING AN UPGRADE!!!

So - what do I have now.

Proof via a speedtest (which they performed while verifying my claim) that my download which I buy at 50Mb/s is currently at UNDER 1Mb/s consistently even when the speedtest can complete.

My upload is twice as good as my download - and that is ridiculously low at just on 3Mb/s

The best part - it is due to be fixed mid to late JUNE !!!!

Frustrated is not the word for it - but the best part has just arrived...

A bill from VM for services rendered - for the full broadband cost!!!!

What would you do in my situation?
SloughVMuser is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 20-04-2015, 17:03   #2
MalteseFalcon
cf.mega poster

MalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronze
MalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronze
Send a message via AIM to MalteseFalcon
Re: What is in the upgrade?

Either call 150, option 5 and then 3 to discuss about a reduction. Or if someone posts it, email the CEO outlining everything calmly and they will try to resolve it for you quicker.
MalteseFalcon is offline   Reply With Quote