Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Samsung or LG

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin & O2 Mobile Service

Samsung or LG

Old 17-04-2015, 13:20   #1
MalteseFalcon
cf.mega poster

MalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronze
MalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronze
Send a message via AIM to MalteseFalcon
Samsung or LG

When I upgrade this year, am undecided at the moment as to which phone to go for. On the one hand, I like the SONY phones but they don't work with the TV Anywhere app (like watching on it, etc) and the only ones that do are Samsung or LG. Just looking for people's views on which brand is better, in terms of TV Anywhere, battery life, and just generally any other information.

Thanks.
MalteseFalcon is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 17-04-2015, 13:32   #2
Stephen
Bah Humbug!!

Services: Sky Q 2Tb, Sky Q mini, boxsets and Sports & Movies HD, Sky Fibre unlimited
Stephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny star
Stephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny star
Re: Samsung or LG

I have had Samsung phones for the last few years since the S2. Currently on a Note 3, However this year I plan on either getting the LG G3 or the soon to be released G4.

Why doesn't the TV Anywhere app work on Sony phones? Do you know this for sure and is it all phones or just a few models?
Old 17-04-2015, 13:47   #3
BenMcr
Virgin Media Staff

Services: 360 x2, Maxit TV, Sky Sports and Sky Cinema. Gig1
BenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny stars
BenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny stars

TV Anywhere now works with almost all Android devices (although it's due an update for phones running Android 5.1).

There are only a few that specifically can't get it which you can see on this page http://store.virginmedia.com/discove...app/watch.html
Old 17-04-2015, 14:41   #4
MalteseFalcon
cf.mega poster

MalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronze
MalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronze
Send a message via AIM to MalteseFalcon

Well, I can use it to set recordings, delete recordings and that is it. Apparently to watch I need to have either an LG or Samsung phone, this is according to the Virgin store last week when I asked why I could not connect to my TiVo wirelessly even though on same WiFi network.

Looking at the link Ben, no LG mentioned. Only got an Xperia L, might look at the Xperia Z come upgrade time. Thanks.
MalteseFalcon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-04-2015, 14:55   #5
Stephen
Bah Humbug!!

Services: Sky Q 2Tb, Sky Q mini, boxsets and Sports & Movies HD, Sky Fibre unlimited
Stephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny star
Stephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny star

Your TiVo needs to be connected by ethernet to the superhub to get the remote to work.

Don't think the store gave you correct info about streaming channels to your device.

Just noticed to have an Xperia L. That is on the list that can only manage TiVo and not watch tv
Old 17-04-2015, 17:47   #6
jb66
cf.mega poster

jb66 has a bronze arrayjb66 has a bronze arrayjb66 has a bronze array
jb66 has a bronze arrayjb66 has a bronze arrayjb66 has a bronze arrayjb66 has a bronze arrayjb66 has a bronze arrayjb66 has a bronze arrayjb66 has a bronze arrayjb66 has a bronze arrayjb66 has a bronze array

who are you upgrading with? LG G3 is dirt cheap on ee but expensive on virgin
jb66 is offline   Reply With Quote