Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Has there been a change in policy Re: early ermination fees whilst still in contract.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin Media TV Service

Has there been a change in policy Re: early ermination fees whilst still in contract.

Old 28-03-2015, 19:42   #1
RichardCoulter
cf.mega poster

RichardCoulter has disabled reputation
Has there been a change in policy Re: early ermination fees whilst still in contract.

In another thread, a member appears to be moving to a non VM area before the expiration of his contract with VM.

Another member has observed that the OP still has time left on the Netflix free offer, so has deduced that he is moving whilst still under contract.

The OP claims that VM have assured him that no early termination fees will apply.

Has there been a change in policy regarding this situation? I ask because at one time if someone moved to a non VM serviced area the answer was that they had made the choice to move and that the contract had to be honoured or bought out.

Are VM leading this customer up the garden path or has there been a policy change?
RichardCoulter is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 28-03-2015, 20:28   #2
spiderplant
cf.mega poster

spiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny stars
spiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny stars
Re: Has there been a change in policy Re: early ermination fees whilst still in contr

Presumably he isn't in the minimum period.

http://store.virginmedia.com/the-leg...ices.html#home
spiderplant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-03-2015, 21:13   #3
saabmania2

Services: VIP Pack
saabmania2 has a reputation beyond reputesaabmania2 has a reputation beyond reputesaabmania2 has a reputation beyond reputesaabmania2 has a reputation beyond reputesaabmania2 has a reputation beyond reputesaabmania2 has a reputation beyond reputesaabmania2 has a reputation beyond reputesaabmania2 has a reputation beyond reputesaabmania2 has a reputation beyond reputesaabmania2 has a reputation beyond reputesaabmania2 has a reputation beyond reputesaabmania2 has a reputation beyond reputesaabmania2 has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via MSN to saabmania2
Re: Has there been a change in policy Re: early ermination fees whilst still in contr

In the old NTL days I had to move out of a rented property that I had been at for 6 years (still had 5 months on NTL contract) I spoke to the lady on the phone who said unfortunately the new area wasn't cabled and as my landlord had only given me 2 weeks notice and I think because I was polite and she felt a little sorry for me so she waved any fee's for terminating early.
I only stayed at that property for 6 months before moving to where I am now and I remembered the nice lady and because of the great service I signed back up and I'm still a happy loyal customer to this day.
saabmania2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-03-2015, 23:30   #4
RichardCoulter
cf.mega poster

RichardCoulter has disabled reputation

Just goes to show that treating a customer well pays dividends in the long term Saabmania2.

---------- Post added at 23:30 ---------- Previous post was at 23:24 ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by spiderplant View Post
Presumably he isn't in the minimum period.

http://store.virginmedia.com/the-leg...ices.html#home
The observation that the customer still has time left on the free 6 months Netflix offer suggests that he started using a TiVo less than a few months ago. I think that an assumption has been made that subscribing to TiVo starts another contract period.

Does subscribing to a TiVo always result in a new contract?

The terms & conditions that you linked to don't look as though anything has changed from that aspect.
RichardCoulter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-03-2015, 10:17   #5
Russ
cf.mega poster

Russ has a golden aura
Russ has a golden auraRuss has a golden auraRuss has a golden aura

There has been no change as far as I know. This was a private issue with VM, nothing more.

Vote #AnyoneButTory
Russ is offline   Reply With Quote