Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Recovered Content

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin Media TV Service

Recovered Content

Old 05-03-2015, 09:09   #1
Wittmann

Services: Kahuna TiVo Big Bundle.
Recovered Content

I know that this subject has been dealt with before, but I have just joined the Forum and do not know how to find it.

I have been with VM since they took over from NTL. Never any hassle when trouble occurs, VM have always been impeccable in their response, attitude and service.

Could you please tell me why Recovered Content keeps popping up on my V+ recording lists and how to stop it ? Sometimes the hours are over 1,000 ! My total hours allowed is 80.

When I see it, I delete it, but it comes back later. Rebooting - cutting the power supply does not help and the last thing I want is an engineer coming round just to fix such a silly problem. Also, I do not want to lose my recordings or planned recordings.

Thank you.
Advertisement
Old 05-03-2015, 10:42   #2
spiderplant
cf.mega poster

spiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny stars
spiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny stars
Re: Recovered Content

The hard drive in your V+ is failing, so the software keeps having to repair the errors. You can either put up with it (it'll probably get gradually worse), or get the box swapped for free. I know which I'd do.

ps. Welcome to the forum!
spiderplant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2015, 10:47   #3
Wittmann

Quote:
Originally Posted by spiderplant View Post
The hard drive in your V+ is failing, so the software keeps having to repair the errors. You can either put up with it (it'll probably get gradually worse), or get the box swapped for free. I know which I'd do.
ps. Welcome to the forum!
Thanks, I`ll put up with it until it drives me crackers, then as you say I`ll get the box replaced.
Old 05-03-2015, 13:29   #4
nodrogd
cf.mega poster

Services: Maxit + Movies/Sports HD (V6x2), BB350, Anytime Chatter. Freeview/Freesat HD, ASDA/Tesco PAYG
nodrogd is the helpful onenodrogd is the helpful onenodrogd is the helpful onenodrogd is the helpful onenodrogd is the helpful onenodrogd is the helpful onenodrogd is the helpful onenodrogd is the helpful onenodrogd is the helpful onenodrogd is the helpful onenodrogd is the helpful onenodrogd is the helpful onenodrogd is the helpful onenodrogd is the helpful onenodrogd is the helpful onenodrogd is the helpful onenodrogd is the helpful one

You are renting the box, & fault replacements are free. Why not have one that works properly, rather than one that doesn't?
nodrogd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2015, 13:33   #5
1701-e
EU citizen proud of it!

Services: TV 360 Maxit TV, Gig1 bb & a landline.....
1701-e is the helpful one1701-e is the helpful one1701-e is the helpful one1701-e is the helpful one1701-e is the helpful one1701-e is the helpful one1701-e is the helpful one1701-e is the helpful one1701-e is the helpful one1701-e is the helpful one1701-e is the helpful one1701-e is the helpful one1701-e is the helpful one1701-e is the helpful one1701-e is the helpful one1701-e is the helpful one1701-e is the helpful one

Or just get the TiVo!! #noturningback
Old 05-03-2015, 15:07   #6
Wittmann

Quote:
Originally Posted by nodrogd View Post
You are renting the box, & fault replacements are free. Why not have one that works properly, rather than one that doesn't?
Yes I rent the box, reckon its going to be a free replacement from the comments so far.

I did think there was a method of resetting or formatting it manually from the following.

Saw this on Post 3 http://www.cableforum.co.uk/board/11...d-content.html
=======
Originally Posted by "found via google".
Press the HOME Button

Press down the Play button for 5 seconds (E-00 Will appear on the display)

Press the V+ Button. (E-01 Will appear on the display)

Press the CH - button 4 times. (As you do this hdd1, hdd2, hdd3 and then hdd4 will appear on the display)

Reformatting will then begin and rFt will appear on the display.

Unit has to be switched on (active) and you don't need to reset as it will re-boot after the format has finished. You will need to write down all your series links / programs set to record as these will all be lost.....including any recordings that have already been saved.

All button presses are on the remote and not the front of the box.
=========
Is it valid ?
Old 05-03-2015, 15:11   #7
spiderplant
cf.mega poster

spiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny stars
spiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wittmann View Post
Is it valid ?
It's valid, but it won't fix broken hardware.

Given that you are going to lose all your recordings ether way, you may as well do the right thing.
spiderplant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2015, 15:37   #8
Wittmann

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1701-e View Post
Or just get the TiVo!! #noturningback
Too expensive a move. My interest is documentaries, news and general feature programs.

I have not the slightest interest in sports, kids, radio, on demand or film channels.

We live very basic at Stonehenge and Wilma hates all those guys chasing a ball about, she says "why chase it if you can`t eat it ?".
Old 11-03-2015, 15:11   #9
Wittmann

Just to let you kind people know what is happening, I have decided to have the Kahuna big bundle installed, with a TiVo box and hub/router instead of my PC modem.

It will save me £115 per year against my existing V+ set-up.

I will lose all my recordings, but the benefits far outweigh the loss.

Thank you everybody for your comments and help.