Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Can't search EPG

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin Media TV Service
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Can't search EPG

Old 27-02-2015, 09:53   #1
Rewrew
Inactive

Services: TV: XL, Internet: XXL, Phone: XL
Rewrew is an unknown quantity at this point
Question Can't search EPG

For about a week I have not been able to perform searches either directly on the TiVo nor on IOS TV Anywhere apps on my iPhone and iPad. I always get the same message about high demand but on the apps when I click "error information" it says "Error: unifiedItemSearch Code: internalError". I have phoned 150 on Monday and the call was passed eventually to someone who seemed on the ball and said there was a known problem with search on the TiVo but it shouldn't affect the app. He promised to phone back in the next 48 hours which didn't happen and one baulks at trying to explain the whole thing again to a string of people on the help line and being made to reboot everything once again, delete and reinstall the apps once again (despite the same error occurring across 3 devices). So the question is: is this my problem alone or is there a known issue that affects others and is being worked on? I am Wirral based and ex-NTL on Baguley.
Rewrew is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 27-02-2015, 09:59   #2
spiderplant
cf.mega poster

spiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny stars
spiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny stars
Re: Can't search EPG

It's a national fault that's been going on for a few days. Ticket reference F003550607
spiderplant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-02-2015, 10:44   #3
Rewrew
Inactive

Quote:
Originally Posted by spiderplant View Post
It's a national fault that's been going on for a few days. Ticket reference F003550607
Thanks for that. I can always rely on this forum being better informed than the helpline!
Old 27-02-2015, 15:58   #4
spiderplant
cf.mega poster

spiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny stars

Have just discovered you can work around the problem by pressing the yellow button.
Old 02-03-2015, 12:44   #5
Rewrew
Inactive

Just to bump my original enquiry once more. I understand that search isn't working well on the TV but customer services say that it doesn't affect search on the apps on devices such as iPads and iPhones. Is anyone else suffering from loss of search on iPad and iPhone?
Old 05-03-2015, 10:54   #6
Rewrew
Inactive

There has been an acknowledgement yesterday on the community forums that this is an ongoing issue.
Old 05-03-2015, 12:14   #7
RichardCoulter
cf.mega poster

RichardCoulter has disabled reputation

The V+ seemd to have this problem intermittently, not sure if this is related or not.
RichardCoulter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2015, 13:34   #8
spiderplant
cf.mega poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by RichardCoulter View Post
The V+ seemd to have this problem intermittently, not sure if this is related or not.
Not!
Old 05-03-2015, 16:01   #9
RichardCoulter
cf.mega poster

RichardCoulter has disabled reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by spiderplant View Post
Not!
🆗 :-)
RichardCoulter is offline   Reply With Quote