Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | V+ error

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin Media TV Service
Register FAQ Community Calendar

V+ error

Old 31-01-2015, 13:49   #1
bbxxl
cf.addict

bbxxl is just really nicebbxxl is just really nicebbxxl is just really nicebbxxl is just really nicebbxxl is just really nicebbxxl is just really nice
Talking V+ error

Last weekend I started getting 2096 error and if I pressed OK and tried to use V+ I git 2001

I worked from home on Thursday so thought I'd take the opportunity to phone virgin.

I spoke to someone who did some tests and then said I would need an engineer visit. One could come out on Friday, but I point out that both my wife and I would be at work, he said one could come out Saturday- would I like morning or afternoon?

The engineer came, changed the connections one outside, it still didn't work so he replaced my ageing V+ box with a shiny new one.

All in all, a pleasant experience, if only all customer service was as good as Virgins people would be a lot happier.

Thank you Virgin.
bbxxl is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 31-01-2015, 15:53   #2
nodrogd
cf.mega poster

Services: Maxit + Movies/Sports HD (V6x2), BB350, Anytime Chatter. Freeview/Freesat HD, ASDA/Tesco PAYG
nodrogd is the helpful onenodrogd is the helpful onenodrogd is the helpful onenodrogd is the helpful onenodrogd is the helpful onenodrogd is the helpful onenodrogd is the helpful onenodrogd is the helpful onenodrogd is the helpful onenodrogd is the helpful onenodrogd is the helpful onenodrogd is the helpful onenodrogd is the helpful onenodrogd is the helpful onenodrogd is the helpful onenodrogd is the helpful onenodrogd is the helpful one
Re: V+ error

2096 & 2001 are both hard drive related, so a box change is the most likely result. Just to point out, your 'new' box may be shiney, but it is at least 4 -5 years old (when Samsung ceased production), & may have had one or even two previous owners. Having said that, if the workshop have done a decent refurb job on it, you should have no problems.
nodrogd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-01-2015, 16:29   #3
bbxxl
cf.addict

bbxxl is just really nicebbxxl is just really nicebbxxl is just really nicebbxxl is just really nicebbxxl is just really nicebbxxl is just really nice

Maybe I sshou have said shiny old box then, but at least it's shiny!
Old 31-01-2015, 19:45   #4
DJSADERS
Ex - McNicholas Guildford

Services: Sky Q 1TB, 2 x Sky Q Minis, Virgin Media Business Voom Fibre 2
DJSADERS is a glorious beacon of lightDJSADERS is a glorious beacon of lightDJSADERS is a glorious beacon of lightDJSADERS is a glorious beacon of lightDJSADERS is a glorious beacon of lightDJSADERS is a glorious beacon of lightDJSADERS is a glorious beacon of light
Send a message via MSN to DJSADERS

ha! i wish all customers we're like you lol... you'll be suprised how many get the hump when they find out they have a refurb box... even though there rented lol...
DJSADERS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-01-2015, 19:51   #5
bbxxl
cf.addict

So long as it works, what does it matter?
And if it stops working they are a pleasure to deal with, fix it at a time that suits me quickly, efficiently and free of charge - what's not to like.

And did I mention, it's shiny.
Old 31-01-2015, 19:53   #6
jb66
cf.mega poster

jb66 has a bronze arrayjb66 has a bronze arrayjb66 has a bronze array
jb66 has a bronze arrayjb66 has a bronze arrayjb66 has a bronze arrayjb66 has a bronze arrayjb66 has a bronze arrayjb66 has a bronze arrayjb66 has a bronze arrayjb66 has a bronze arrayjb66 has a bronze array

Wish you were my customer!
jb66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-01-2015, 20:00   #7
bbxxl
cf.addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by jb66 View Post
Wish you were my customer!
I'm sure all your customers are as happy as me
Old 31-01-2015, 20:59   #8
spiderplant
cf.mega poster

spiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny stars
spiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by nodrogd View Post
2096 & 2001 are both hard drive related,
This needs a bit of caution. You'll also get a 2001 if the V+ features are disabled on the account.
spiderplant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-01-2015, 22:37   #9
bbxxl
cf.addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by spiderplant View Post
This needs a bit of caution. You'll also get a 2001 if the V+ features are disabled on the account.
Always good to point out the exception to the obvious - it was one off the first things they checked on my account.
Old 31-01-2015, 23:39   #10
nodrogd
cf.mega poster

Services: Maxit + Movies/Sports HD (V6x2), BB350, Anytime Chatter. Freeview/Freesat HD, ASDA/Tesco PAYG
nodrogd is the helpful onenodrogd is the helpful onenodrogd is the helpful onenodrogd is the helpful onenodrogd is the helpful onenodrogd is the helpful onenodrogd is the helpful onenodrogd is the helpful onenodrogd is the helpful onenodrogd is the helpful onenodrogd is the helpful onenodrogd is the helpful onenodrogd is the helpful onenodrogd is the helpful onenodrogd is the helpful onenodrogd is the helpful onenodrogd is the helpful one

Quote:
Originally Posted by bbxxl View Post
Always good to point out the exception to the obvious - it was one off the first things they checked on my account.
- Which I deduced your original post, & is why I discounted it as the cause of the error. 2001 is V+ functions not available.
nodrogd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-01-2015, 23:46   #11
bbxxl
cf.addict

Someone googling 2001 might find this thread and without spiderplant's post could jump to an incorrect conclusion you have all been very helpful.