Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Odd problem with Superhub

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin Media Internet Service
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Odd problem with Superhub

Old 24-01-2015, 14:05   #1
centauri
Inactive

centauri is an unknown quantity at this point
Odd problem with Superhub

Hi all,

Newbie who is not remotely technical but hoping for help.

I have a VM superhub which is working perfectly with my existing kit eg Tivo, Ipad, Iphone. But all attempts to connect new kit to the internet fail eg Kindle, Now TV box.

The failure occurs at the password stage. I have checked carefully and am entering the password on the side of the Superhub correctly. I have accessed the settings page of the Superhub via my Ipad - the password is exactly as on the side of the Superhub.

Virgin won't help unless I pay £5 extra per month for gadget support. That is pretty indefensible.

Any help you guys can offer or suggest would be hugely appreciated.
centauri is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 24-01-2015, 15:03   #2
Taf
cf.mega poster

Services: TVXL BBXL Superhub 2ac (wired) 1Tb Tivo
Taf has a nice shiny starTaf has a nice shiny starTaf has a nice shiny starTaf has a nice shiny star
Taf has a nice shiny starTaf has a nice shiny starTaf has a nice shiny starTaf has a nice shiny starTaf has a nice shiny starTaf has a nice shiny starTaf has a nice shiny starTaf has a nice shiny star
Re: Odd problem with Superhub

Password or passphrase? That confused me a couple of times.
Taf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-01-2015, 17:20   #3
arcimedes
cf.mega poster

Services: TV XL ,TiVo X 2, 200Mb Broadband XL phone
arcimedes has a reputation beyond reputearcimedes has a reputation beyond reputearcimedes has a reputation beyond reputearcimedes has a reputation beyond reputearcimedes has a reputation beyond reputearcimedes has a reputation beyond reputearcimedes has a reputation beyond reputearcimedes has a reputation beyond reputearcimedes has a reputation beyond reputearcimedes has a reputation beyond reputearcimedes has a reputation beyond reputearcimedes has a reputation beyond reputearcimedes has a reputation beyond repute

I presume you are entering the wireless password and not the router password.
arcimedes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-01-2015, 21:01   #4
General Maximus
Ran Away

Services: phone + 1gbit BB + SkyQ
General Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronze
General Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronze

the password on the bottom of the shub should be something like "changeme". The idea is that you go to the shub settings page on http://192.168.0.1 and login with the "changeme" password and then go to the wireless settings, setup the name of your network etc and choose a password for that network. Once you have set that up all wireless devices will see the ssid (name of your wireless network) and you enter the password you set when you try to connect. The "changeme" password is a default password only to be used when initially logging into the shub for the admin interface and you should change that as well to prevent anyone from logging in (perhaps through your wireless) and changing the settings on your shub.
General Maximus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-01-2015, 07:06   #5
Superblade7
cf.geek

Services: Sky Q 2TB & Sky Q Mini (Box Sets with Cinema & Sports HD) with VM VIVID 100Mbps Broadband & M Phone
Superblade7 has a reputation beyond reputeSuperblade7 has a reputation beyond reputeSuperblade7 has a reputation beyond reputeSuperblade7 has a reputation beyond reputeSuperblade7 has a reputation beyond reputeSuperblade7 has a reputation beyond reputeSuperblade7 has a reputation beyond reputeSuperblade7 has a reputation beyond reputeSuperblade7 has a reputation beyond reputeSuperblade7 has a reputation beyond reputeSuperblade7 has a reputation beyond reputeSuperblade7 has a reputation beyond reputeSuperblade7 has a reputation beyond repute

When trying to connect the Now TV box do you get error code 014? If so, I've had this problem and this is a known problem between the Super Hub and Now TV / Roku streamers and you need to 'Disable Network Pings' as follows -

Have you tried :

To move past this message, you’ll need to complete the following sequence, by pressing the buttons on your NOW TV box remote control in quick succession:

Home. (x5)
Fast Forward.
Play.
Rewind.
Play.
Fast Forward.

If the above is done correctly, you’ll see a new screen pop up called ‘Platform Secret Screen’ which will display two green bars and four further options. Please select ‘Disable Network Pings’ from the list of available options.

Once you’ve done this, simply click back on your remote control until you reach the connection setup page, and attempt to connect to connect to a network.

Hope this helps, credit to StuartRogerson as the solution was taken from the Now TV Community here (http://community.nowtv.com/t5/NOW-TV...ght/true#M3635)

Not sure about the Kindle as I don't have one myself but a quick Google of any error codes you get should provide a solution.
Superblade7 is offline   Reply With Quote